First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

thanks for all the comments.

a lot of autos will grow and flower in cloudy condition, they dont need as much light as other plants we grow, so clearly their is an advantage, plus they grow well in the cold so ideal for outdoors in europe or northern europe,

plus its some damn nice smoke, the auto bomb i grew was some of the best bud ive ever smoked, nice and tangy,

the kc 45 is in the square seed tray the one with the bit of paper near it, its the label from the packet they came in, ive also got one just poking out the soil in my flower room, that will be 12-12 from seed well i say 12-12 it will be under glr.

this auto purple is getting really tall now, its totally different to the last time i grew it, this one is stretching like crazy, its growing quicker than any other plant i have grown, its like an auto on steroids, ive had to use pipe cleaners to hold the stem as it was starting to bend over due to its height, i think the stem is not strong enough to support a plant as big as that,

now it might not give me more buds but it does show that they grow like crazy under 12-12, so if the plant just stretched more under 12-12 then this is clearly the regular plant gene in it causing the stretch, so im wonder if something like 14-10 or something similar would be a better idea,

its in flower though and ill soon find out if it yields well, if not then ill try something else, but i have found the difference between 24-0 and 12-12 is shocking, this auto is 4 or 5 times bigger than the last time i grew it, so clearly the light schedule plays a huge roll, the more dark the quicker it grows, if i get the same with the kc45 and the northern lights auto fem that i planted then i know that the 12-12 or glr makes it grow like crazy,

so im wonder if i started an auto under cfls for a couple of weeks then put it under the hps would it still stretch like this or would it stop the stretch and keep the nodes a whole lot closer,

im hoping it fills out nicely, but the difference is shocking, none of my plants i ever grown have grown this quick, it just wont stop growing, hopefully now its in flower it will stop it crazy stretch and start to fill out, if not then ill have to work on another schedule, 14-10 or even something like 14-12, as autos flower due to age and not light schedule then this means we can play around with the light schedule a whole lot more and try and find something that works well every time

Thank you DP, as always. I'm loving reading in the background and absorbing information as I go. I am getting very excited about my two new autos as well, in no small part due to your enthusiasm and willingness to share your knowledge on the subject. I'm even going all 2L hempie for them as well, so my next grow should be dedicated in part to you!

:thanks:

DP I thought you'd like to know that I currently have 2 autos that were started for 2 weeks under CFL and moved to HPS GLR yesterday. I'll be sure to keep you posted with any observations. One of those autos is the same strain and seed pack as a plant I grew under 20/4 harvested about a month ago so I can do a little comparison :).

I ordered some BPN for my grow and I was wondering what came of your experiments with feeding? I remember we discussed it and you said water/feed/water/feed was a good way to go? Just asking because I distinctly remember you were experimenting with feeding frequency specifically.

That auto that i messed up...i started her under CFLs...with my other plants...the cfl kept her nodes close...she only started stretching when i moved the pot outside...do your plants in hydro have hollow stems ??..i can almost stick a pencil down mine...how do you graft to a hollow tube...i gotta research...

That auto that i messed up...i started her under CFLs...with my other plants...the cfl kept her nodes close...she only started stretching when i moved the pot outside...do your plants in hydro have hollow stems ??..i can almost stick a pencil down mine...how do you graft to a hollow tube...i gotta research...

maybe you could scarrify the skin of the top part and feed it down the bottom part a little way( i forget the names of all the parts of the plant, but like take the skin off so its meat to meat :rofl: ) then wrap it together real tight for a couple of days, kinda like one of those screw loops for attaching a hose to a tap.

maybe you could scarrify the skin of the top part and feed it down the bottom part a little way( i forget the names of all the parts of the plant, but like take the skin off so its meat to meat :rofl: ) then wrap it together real tight for a couple of days, kinda like one of those screw loops for attaching a hose to a tap.

Yep...i can try that...worst thing that can happen is i lose a cutting...

let us know how them autos go, the only problem starting under cfls for 2 weeks is that some autos start to show sex at 2 weeks, so it will need some testing to find out what works best, maybe a couple of weeks at 20-4 then down to glr, i wont know till more autos are grown and i can test more strains.

now for the bpn id say its good to give bpn every other water, so water 1 time the next time use bpn, my plants grow the same and look just as healthy as they did when given bpn every time i watered, its just i read stuff that says we give way to much nutes, when the edges of the leaves show sign of nute burn this is telling is the plant has been stressed for a while and cant take it no more, things happen quicker in hydro but in soil its easy to over nute and not know, but it slows growth,

so try every other feed and see how you go, but mine are ok on every other feed, if anything the plants look and feel better

@miwa, my thick branches have hollow stems, the main stem is always hollow, i fined it strange that they have hollow stems, its not as if water runs inside it, must be some reason why its hollow though, i wonder if its possible to inject something in that would give the plants a boost,

ive been reading about grafting, you need to take a cutting and cut the end into a v shape, then choose a branch on the plant and where a new node is growing you need to graft it onto that part, so you need to cut the same v shape in the branch, and then marry the 2 pieces and secure with tape or something to hold it in place, not sure if you need to mist it with water or keep it damp as i never read that much into it

but it is possible to have as many strains as you like growing off the one stem, as long as your not grafting onto the main stem you should be ok, its not easy by the sounds of it but if you got it right and grew it outdoors then it would be a damn nice plant,

i wonder if its possible to bread that gene into a plant so it grows 2 different strains, now normally id say that it was impossible, but my sister moved into a new house last year and their is this blossom tree in her back garden, it has 1 trunk yet its 2 different types of blossom, when its in bloom one half of the tree grows white blossom, and the other half grows pink blossom, their is a clear 50-50 split, you could draw a line and split it in half, its as if its 2 trees growing, but its just got the 1 thin trunk,

its something i have never seen before anywhere

Great posts DP,
The last time you posted about times I almost changed. The 14/10 makes sense. I kinda want to try it on my two girls but they are at like 6 weeks or so.

Would it make sense to inject nutes into the main stem?

must be some reason why its hollow though

Natural engineering is my belief. hollow tubes offers the best strength to mass ratio, it makes sense that the plant employs a little engineering like this to conserve its availible growth biomass for more productive tasks like more flowers or reaching for the sky.

Would it make sense to inject nutes into the main stem?
I thought about that very thing some time agao and came to the conclusion that its very risky. whatever is forced into the hollow may stagnate or alter its PH inside and cause harm and then there is airobic considerations....

the best test would probably be to over water a mature plant and then decapitate the plant fast with a machette or something and look fast to see if it filled up with fluid during the over water....if its still hollow then it doesnt really have an in/out option.

That's something for JTG to do! Hell he me have seen it already. Now that I thought it over your probably right about the hollow space. Nutes that straight in may have to be another solution type altogether and less PPM? Not a hydro guy!

That's something for JTG to do! Hell he me have seen it already. Now that I thought it over your probably right about the hollow space. Nutes that straight in may have to be another solution type altogether and less PPM? Not a hydro guy!

lol i have a machete, not to freak anyone out, but its been customised to have 3 inches of penetration at exactly 1meter from my shoulder pivot.

i promise its no different than a gun lover picking out a gun with the perfect weight for their aim. i do not believe that skill and knowledge in weapons and a benevolant lifestyle are mutually exclusive.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I could eat it for breakfast" :rofl:

pmsl,

thanks for all the comments, sorry i not been very active, my daughter has been really ill,

ive now added some new seeds to my colletion, i got the 2046 strain, cant wait to try that, i also got the critical plus, plus the free seeds, which was the sleestack cross skunk and a reserva privada candy kush,

cant wait to try this, just soaked the critical plus,

ill do a big update as soon as i can,

fuck a bunch a pot! you pay attention to your little girl brother:)

lol @ fish =)

hope she gets better swiftly my friend...unless its one of those safe illnesses that get them lying quietly on the sofa for good streched giving you bonus peace on your evenings :rofl:

and my next reefer is dedicated to the hope that you dont catch whatever is ailing her...doesnt it just suck to get laid low just as their energy and bordom levels gro =D

Sending all my love to you and your daughter DP. I do hope she gets better soon, you must be run ragged and concerned.

:hug:

thanks for all the kind comments, she was in hospital with asthma, she has had it since she was born, but she only gets ill this time of year, when they rushed her into hospital they put her on a ventilator to help her breath, but she got better each day and is now back home, not 100% but im just glad we are all back home now,

they are going to run some allergy tests when she is back to her normal self, they think it might be something setting it off, she is never ill with it in the summer and does a lot of dancing and competitions for dancing and is never ill, but between nov and dec she is always really ill and usually in hospital for a week or 2, so they give her steroids to strengthen her lungs and she got a bit better each day, then they said she is well enough to come home, so we are all back and life is back to normal. thanks everyone.

i got some huge news on my auto purple, the buds are forming and their a nice dark purple color, so looks like ill be having some purple buds after all, if i had a decent camera id take some pics and show you, but my camera wont get that close to show the color, so when the buds are big enough ill be able to show you some very nice dark purple buds,

been hectic back and forth to the hospital, but now we are home i can relax a bit, just hope they find out what causes it, if it was at random times throughout the year then it would be down to her asthma, but as she is only ill this time of year they are thinking it could be some kind of winter pollen from trees or plants, or some time of winter food she may have an allergy to, hopefully they can find something that causes her asthma to act up like this. would make me worry a whole lot less.

ill try and get caught up with all your journals the best i can, but i got so far behind its going to take ages, but i will get caught up over the next couple of days,

Back
Top Bottom