First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Hello DonPaul :ciao:

I don't know why I have never been over here and I am very sorry my darling. You have been very supportive of me. I think the level of knowledge intimidates me actually :bigblush:

I am going to have a good read of the journal over time, I know it is going to be a very useful read! I've decided to start putting together my own "MJ Growers Guide", actually on paper and designed nicely. An idiot's guide that I need, with pretty pictures :) I've already got a few gems from you in there ;)

Anyway, please forgive my Purple Haze assisted creative ramble.

The point, other than saying hello, is that I am seriously toying with the idea of doing an all auto grow using your 2L Hempie DWC. My grow space is just a flatpack wardrobe converted, 48 cm x 67 cm with an active growing height of 115cm. I have to find a way to maximise this space better than I am doing; I love soil but I genuinely do require a faster turnover than a constant 3-4 months plant even though it provides a higher yield. Plus I have pretty much zero funds to invest, and limited energy and capacity to do any heavy duty DIY (i.e. no power tools can be used), and I am proper struggling with big pots and big plants because of the wonky wing and would be better with a few smaller plants.

I loved your 2L DWC Pops (I call them Pops, is that OK my darling?) because I could do that with virtually no investment whatsoever and get great results. I didn't know whether using the Pops I would be able to get 3-4 high yielding autos in there? I want to do a "one or the other" grow this time so I can try and maximise yield over grow time given my personal constraints. But then I start getting into needing a scrog screen or something and I then start panicking because it gets complicated, I just want to plug in and watch things happen really. I don't mind a bit of hands on like watering etc, but I'm not an in it all the time gardener.

Wow this is one big waffle to ask for your help really! I'm sorry I made such a chaotic mess of asking that my dear.

Very Fluffy hugs for your kindness and patience

:hug:

hi all, at the moment im using a dual spec hps, it gives me 55,000 lumins, how ever a standard hps bulb gives off 65,000 lumins, so their is a drop with the dual spec.

as for the dark period giga this auto is growing like crazy under 12-12, its twice the size of the same strain grown under 24-0, so clearly the 12-12 is giving it some boost even though its auto, this brings me back to a power cut i had a while back, well the power was off for 24 hours, when it came back on i didnt expect my plants to of grown much, but i was wrong, the plants grew more in the 24hours of dark then they did in the week before it, so night time plays a huge roll and chances are this is why glr works so well

as for the mags i read the only grow stuff i read is all the downloadable grow guides, the european cannabis cultivation guide covered glr, plus i searched the net and found out about glr so now its what i use.

at the moment my hps is on glr schedule as i have plants in veg and flower, so my auto is getting glr at the moment and its growing like crazy, its twice the size of the last time i grew it and its only just started to flower so its still got plenty of grow time left, so it may end up 3 or 4 times the size of the same plant i grew under 24-0, its the auto purple

@Fluffy, no worries, glad to have you come over and have a look, the 2ltr dwc hempies are very easy to do and maintain, mine are usually 12-12 from seed or 1 week to 2 week of veg then 12-12, i average around an oz per plant, now with autos it would depend on the strain but if you read this latest post you will read that im getting a bigger plant going 12-12 with an auto, the last time i grew auto purple from the same batch of seeds i ended up with 20g dry, now this time round i went 12-12 from seed and now its under glr, this time it took longer to start to flower, when it started to flower it was twice the size of the last time i grew it and its growing like crazy, so glr or 12-12 works with autos, im getting a bigger plant going 12-12 with an auto.

so feel free to ask me any questions fluffy and ill do my best to answer them, this time round im doing some 2ltr dwc hempies with an air stone and some without, so far the difference is not much, so i dont think it really matters as long as you keep up with topping the res up with nute mix. but the 2ltr hempies 12-12 from seed is an 8 week turn around, i average between 20g and 28g dry per hempie, but if you give them 1 or 2 weeks of veg making it a 10week turn around then you will get a bigger yield.

now this auto purple is growing bigger under 12-12 than it did under 24-0, so clearly their is something going on here, so does 24-0 make the plant reach maturity sooner, if it was under 12-12 then it would take 2 days of 12-12 for the plant to receive 24 hours of light, so does giving them 24-0 give them to much light time and make them flower sooner, so if this is the case then the less light we give the bigger the plant should get relating to autos only, now the problem is less light might mean we take longer to flower and harvest, but it would not be by much, so ill run some tests with the other autos ive planted and see what happens,

ill try 24-0 again and 12-12 with the same strain and compare the 2, that way we will know for sure what the best method is.

also my ak47 cross with uk cherry seeds are all viable, this is the male and female i crossed to keep the strain around as it cant be bought and its a killer strain, so i crossed it and got around 50 seeds, i planted just 2 of these as my plant numbers are high, both sprouted and are now growing, so looks like the seeds are viable,

no worries, i got my copy off the rainforest site, but then i found you can download any off the net, cannabis grow bible is a good one, their are also dvds to download as well, these all contain some great info, i got them stored on my comp so can check them anytime i have any concerns or questions

my twin sleestack cross skunk was male, it went in the bin cuz i needed the pot,

i got lots of new plants growing, ill do an update tomorrow, so far all mine have been male, see if you have the same problem, i think others have had males as well

hi mate, im not saying to works with all autos, im not even saying to works with these autos, im just telling you what i think, the other seed may of had problems that i was not aware of, im just comparing the 2 grows as their the same strain and telling you what the difference is, all i can say is they will benefit from more dark, so maybe 18-6 would do well or 20-4 doe instance, im just comparing the difference between 24-0 and 12-12, so it proves they benefit from dark, does it prove 12-12 is the best light schedule for autos, i dont think i can say for sure without testing other strains, but i dont think 24-0 is the best method, this plant under 12-12 is growing as quick as a none auto, so its totally different, its showing sex and still growing, last time round it showed sex then flowered without getting much bigger, this one under 12-12 is growing more every day, id say its actually in some sort of stretch stage as its grown more in the last 2 or 3 days than it has done for ages,

my twin sleestack cross skunk was male, it went in the bin cuz i needed the pot,

i got lots of new plants growing, ill do an update tomorrow, so far all mine have been male, see if you have the same problem, i think others have had males as well
Wow...i missed that...did you sex it 1st ??...how old was it when it showed sex...

it showed sex around 2 days ago, the one half of the twin showed sex first as this was slightly bigger than the other twin, then a few days later the other showed me it was male as well, if i had the room id of kept it for breeding purposes but i really needed the room,

plus i got plenty going on at the moment so got plenty of chances for my breeding projects, the sour kush cross with kiwi male is growing like crazy, its catching up with plants that was planted 2 weeks before it, looks like it was a good cross, hopefully the bud will be just as impressive,

i think i need to back track on my last post, i stated that this auto grown under 12-12 could be a fluke that its doing better, well id like to change that statement, this auto is over 1ft tall now, the same strain from the same batch did not make it 1ft tall when it was harvested, so this auto purple is getting big, really quick as well, its responding like crazy to glr,

im going to try this with my other autos as well, every auto i grew in the past did very bad under 24-0 and 20-4, none of my last autos made it more than about 10inches at harvest, this auto is over 1ft high and is growing like crazy, loads of side branches as well, i thought it had started to flower but it seems it was just showing sex and now its in its rapid growth stage, its getting bigger than none auto plants that was started before it,

so ill keep it under glr as it seems to be growing like crazy undeer glr, im concerned it might go hermie due to the glr but only time will tell, if it dont hermie then ill grow the other autos under glr, if it does hermie ill grow the other autos under 12-12

it seems autos respond well to the dark period, none of my other autos grew this quick or get this big, so clearly the night time is something these plants really need and respond well to, maybe this is why none auto plants do so well under glr

its the biggest auto i have had so far and its from the same batch as the last time i grew it, so in theory they should be pretty similar, but node spacing is further apart, it has more growth on the side branches, id say the height it is now is about the height i put my none auto plants into flower, so then they stretch and start to flower at 2ft, as this is auto i dont have to worry about making it flower, but i never thought they would grow well under 12-12, i thought they needed more light hours, clearly not, but this does throw a spanner in the works, if they grow best under 12-12 or glr then their is no point in growing autos indoors, outdoors they would be ideal, but if they clearly grow better under 12-12 or glr then we could do this with none auto plants, but as i cant grow outdoors it will allow me to grow and flower autos under glr while my other plants are in veg.

but i can happily say ill be getting more than 1oz off this auto, i know its early on but this plant is getting big, ill put some pics up tomorrow so you can see for yourself, the same plant last time flowered and finished at half the height this is at now, and this is not flowering yet its just showing sex and seems to be stretching its arms, ill keep it under glr and see if it goes hermie, if not then i should have some very nice purple buds, as its auto it can go out in the cold for the last few weeks of flower and it wont matter if it dont get much light

im trying to get caught up with all your journals, but their is hundreds of pages to go through, so it will take a while, i had some interesting questions in some of the journals but it will take me pages and pages of reading to find my last post.

do you think this would be a better idea, what if we went to the forum mods and asked them if its possible to take us back to our last post in anyones journal.
say i click on miwa's journal, well it takes me to the last page of his journal and i have to keep going back a page till i find my last post, well what if we could just click on the journal and it took us to our last post, like say i had made a post on page 50 of miwa's journal, then if im off for a few days and log back in it will have moved forward a few pages, well without remember what page our last post was on it takes a long time to flick through and find our last post, but what if we could just click on the journal and it took us to the page where our last comment was made, that way we could either carry on from where we left off so we could get caught up, or if we want we can just click on last page and jump to the last page,

i only say this as their has been many times when i have asked questions or replied to questions then forgotten what journal and what page this msg was on, so instead of losing out or not answering someone would it not be a better idea to take us to the page where our last post was made.

Excellent feedback on the experiments donpaul. I may not comment a lot but I'm always following your little experiments :). This is quite interesting! So it really grew better under 12/12 and glr compared to 20/4 and 24/0. I can't wait to see how this girl fills up! I had a girl that went into stretch madness just like you say. I was afraid it was a stretch looking for more light and it won't bud as much. I was very mistaken, this girl filled up almost completely! 1 complete 1 foot stretch formed alllmmmoost a single solid canopy (veerrry few areas with a little space betwwen buds). Hopefully yours will do the same too :) what strain was it btw? auto purple?
I totally agree about the system automatically navigating to the user's last comment. That would help so much.

thanks for your comments i smokes, yep its an auto purple from pyramid seeds, i bought a few from herbies, i only got 20g dry last time round and it was harvested at less than 1ft and it was grown under 20-4, but this plant looks totally different, it grew slow at first like the other autos but now its growing like crazy, its getting really big now, all my other autos in the past never got this big, so clearly the more night they get the more they grow, i think i found this out when i had a power cut for 24 hours, my normal plants grew more in the 24 hours of dark then they did in 7 days of light, so clearly the plants need dark and they grow more if they get more dark,

im just going on this 1 auto at the moment, but i got another 3 growing, so these will also be 12-12 or glr from start to finish, if these also grow a lot better with the glr then clearly this is the best method for autos, at the moment im going off one plant, it could be a fluke or i could of had a dodgy seed last time round, but all the autos ive grown in the past did not get this big and when harvested they was about half the size of this auto, so for now it seems they more dark you give them the more they grow, but i wont know for sure till i have tried the other autos, again these other autos are autos ive grown before, so i will be able to compare the difference with these as well

Excellent, you're narrowing it down to one variable. I can't wait for your feedback on the new autos, that will confirm everything. The one that stretched turned into a 3 foot monster, if night time is the trick then I'll be doing that a lot :).

it showed sex around 2 days ago, the one half of the twin showed sex first as this was slightly bigger than the other twin, then a few days later the other showed me it was male as well, if i had the room id of kept it for breeding purposes but i really needed the room,

plus i got plenty going on at the moment so got plenty of chances for my breeding projects, the sour kush cross with kiwi male is growing like crazy, its catching up with plants that was planted 2 weeks before it, looks like it was a good cross, hopefully the bud will be just as impressive,

i think i need to back track on my last post, i stated that this auto grown under 12-12 could be a fluke that its doing better, well id like to change that statement, this auto is over 1ft tall now, the same strain from the same batch did not make it 1ft tall when it was harvested, so this auto purple is getting big, really quick as well, its responding like crazy to glr,

im going to try this with my other autos as well, every auto i grew in the past did very bad under 24-0 and 20-4, none of my last autos made it more than about 10inches at harvest, this auto is over 1ft high and is growing like crazy, loads of side branches as well, i thought it had started to flower but it seems it was just showing sex and now its in its rapid growth stage, its getting bigger than none auto plants that was started before it,

so ill keep it under glr as it seems to be growing like crazy undeer glr, im concerned it might go hermie due to the glr but only time will tell, if it dont hermie then ill grow the other autos under glr, if it does hermie ill grow the other autos under 12-12

it seems autos respond well to the dark period, none of my other autos grew this quick or get this big, so clearly the night time is something these plants really need and respond well to, maybe this is why none auto plants do so well under glr

its the biggest auto i have had so far and its from the same batch as the last time i grew it, so in theory they should be pretty similar, but node spacing is further apart, it has more growth on the side branches, id say the height it is now is about the height i put my none auto plants into flower, so then they stretch and start to flower at 2ft, as this is auto i dont have to worry about making it flower, but i never thought they would grow well under 12-12, i thought they needed more light hours, clearly not, but this does throw a spanner in the works, if they grow best under 12-12 or glr then their is no point in growing autos indoors, outdoors they would be ideal, but if they clearly grow better under 12-12 or glr then we could do this with none auto plants, but as i cant grow outdoors it will allow me to grow and flower autos under glr while my other plants are in veg.

but i can happily say ill be getting more than 1oz off this auto, i know its early on but this plant is getting big, ill put some pics up tomorrow so you can see for yourself, the same plant last time flowered and finished at half the height this is at now, and this is not flowering yet its just showing sex and seems to be stretching its arms, ill keep it under glr and see if it goes hermie, if not then i should have some very nice purple buds, as its auto it can go out in the cold for the last few weeks of flower and it wont matter if it dont get much light

im trying to get caught up with all your journals, but their is hundreds of pages to go through, so it will take a while, i had some interesting questions in some of the journals but it will take me pages and pages of reading to find my last post.

do you think this would be a better idea, what if we went to the forum mods and asked them if its possible to take us back to our last post in anyones journal.
say i click on miwa's journal, well it takes me to the last page of his journal and i have to keep going back a page till i find my last post, well what if we could just click on the journal and it took us to our last post, like say i had made a post on page 50 of miwa's journal, then if im off for a few days and log back in it will have moved forward a few pages, well without remember what page our last post was on it takes a long time to flick through and find our last post, but what if we could just click on the journal and it took us to the page where our last comment was made, that way we could either carry on from where we left off so we could get caught up, or if we want we can just click on last page and jump to the last page,

i only say this as their has been many times when i have asked questions or replied to questions then forgotten what journal and what page this msg was on, so instead of losing out or not answering someone would it not be a better idea to take us to the page where our last post was made.

great news on the lighting timing! that should save us a lot of money and push our yields up =D

as to the forum navigation...have you tried this? i log on, goto my subscriptions and deal with all undread posts this way...i NEVER lose where i last read because of this :)

firstunread.JPG

reps for that tip GiGa, that will save me some time,

my camera is charging, ill take pics in the morning, my auto is loving this glr, its growing like crazy, its now 3 times the size of the last one i grew,

i got 2 more autos that ive grown before in seedling stage, these are now under glr, so lets see if the same happens to these

took care of it to DP

Back
Top Bottom