Volcano Vaporizer

You can get em' for 500 sometimes...

I just bought a Volcano Classic for $479, I was going to go for the digital volcano, but for the hundreds more, it just wasn't worth it for me right n
If you ever decide you want something more portable, the same company that makes the Volcano also make 2 smaller portable units. I own the first version of the Mighty vape, and I use it along with a water pipe adapter and a small 12 inch bong and its been the best purchase I've ever made. also its amazing how this original post was from 18 years ago and these vaporizers have held their value

I see the new volcano has a whip function, anyone tried that? As that seems interesting.
I have yet to try a volcano though.
I use a Pax the most as it's so little and convenient, only downside is flavour is gone quick after the first few puffs all the good stuff is gone, it's pure conduction, from all the vapes I have tried I found the Dynavap pretty good on flavour but the best was the Minivap, the pure convection model, you could keep lurking on that thing and every hit was very flavourful.

But I am curious about a Volcano as well, with the whip that would be ideal to have on the desktop I can jam away and hit the whip when I want, I did see a 19" rack vaporizer once for music studios :p and it still does balloons which I also find interesting, mainly to get friends to put the papers away, here a balloon full of thc.

I see the new volcano has a whip function, anyone tried that? As that seems interesting.
I have yet to try a volcano though.
I use a Pax the most as it's so little and convenient, only downside is flavour is gone quick after the first few puffs all the good stuff is gone, it's pure conduction, from all the vapes I have tried I found the Dynavap pretty good on flavour but the best was the Minivap, the pure convection model, you could keep lurking on that thing and every hit was very flavourful.

But I am curious about a Volcano as well, with the whip that would be ideal to have on the desktop I can jam away and hit the whip when I want, I did see a 19" rack vaporizer once for music studios :p and it still does balloons which I also find interesting, mainly to get friends to put the papers away, here a balloon full of thc.

I've got the newest one with the whip, I use a glass bubbler with ice for a super smooth hit. Just switch out mouthpiece with a bong connector!

Taste is the reason I don't use it as a primary method, I usually smoke a spliff and I find vaporised flower taste to be too different from smoking it... I really do need to get used to it though, the health benefits of vaping instead of smoking are too great.

If you like the taste of vaped buds I would definitely recommend it, you can heat it on a cycle increasing temps as well so you can slowly get all the terps/flavour out of every last bit, I think it's a very economical/healthy way to get high :)

I've got the newest one with the whip, I use a glass bubbler with ice for a super smooth hit. Just switch out mouthpiece with a bong connector!

Taste is the reason I don't use it as a primary method, I usually smoke a spliff and I find vaporised flower taste to be too different from smoking it... I really do need to get used to it though, the health benefits of vaping instead of smoking are too great.

If you like the taste of vaped buds I would definitely recommend it, you can heat it on a cycle increasing temps as well so you can slowly get all the terps/flavour out of every last bit, I think it's a very economical/healthy way to get high :)
That's weird though? Taste of volcano no good? I mean vaped bud can taste exactly like all the terpenes that are on it.. often fricking delicious depending on strain.
But there's very little vaporizers that can deliver long and consistent good flavour, I mean logical you vape the terpenes off, after they are gone with the first drags yeah it can get a bit weird tasting.
Maybe I should get another Minivap, mine broke down after a decade, but flavour wise the pure convection setup is the best.. at setting 2 or 3 you can get a whole lot of flavourful drags.

I don't know what you all think about vaporizers, i didn't llike them until my friend lent me one of his volcanoes, I think that they work pretty damn good. just a bit on the expensive side, like $800cdn I think.
I’ve got an Airizer desktop vape, comes with a whip or bag. Think I paid £100 ($120). Works as good as a volcano for the price imo

I’ve got an Airizer desktop vape, comes with a whip or bag. Think I paid £100 ($120). Works as good as a volcano for the price imo
My friend has the arizer Q and I agree I think its very comparable to the volcano

That's weird though? Taste of volcano no good? I mean vaped bud can taste exactly like all the terpenes that are on it.. often fricking delicious depending on strain.
But there's very little vaporizers that can deliver long and consistent good flavour, I mean logical you vape the terpenes off, after they are gone with the first drags yeah it can get a bit weird tasting.
Maybe I should get another Minivap, mine broke down after a decade, but flavour wise the pure convection setup is the best.. at setting 2 or 3 you can get a whole lot of flavourful drags.

Yeah your exactly right Fender it's that the taste fades straight away to a less terpy/more "popcorny" type vape taste, so for an extended session it ends up not as enjoyable vs a rolled spliff which tastes great all the way through for me at least. Health should probably take priority over flavour though so I'll be giving it another go very soon :)

Yeah your exactly right Fender it's that the taste fades straight away to a less terpy/more "popcorny" type vape taste, so for an extended session it ends up not as enjoyable vs a rolled spliff which tastes great all the way through for me at least. Health should probably take priority over flavour though so I'll be giving it another go very soon :)
it takes a little while to get used to the taste. what helped me was getting a water pipe adapter and a small bong its helps simulate smoking better and I get a better taste with the water adapter I don't get that popcorn burnt taste.

it takes a little while to get used to the taste. what helped me was getting a water pipe adapter and a small bong its helps simulate smoking better and I get a better taste with the water adapter I don't get that popcorn burnt taste.
Appreciate the tip mate I'll see how I get on, vaping is definitely the way forward, no combustion has got my vote.

The transition is of course weird.. and I feel most that transition are also looking for that high gear vape, they kinda want some form of cloud & vapor and the throathit of smoking.. so they bypass the lower settings and get the herb as hot as possible which results in very short flavour.. . and well the way of extraction is important airflow & resistanc. with that minvap I can take loads of drags that don't produce any vapor yet are full of flavour I can spend half an hour extracting a small little bowl with it and you go through a whole journey of flavours and effects and then you suddenly notice wow I'm hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, of a tiny bowl. I'm going to open it up and try to get it working again.

And a Dynavap kinda also comes close that.. as that also retains flavour quite long, and you have to work to extract as well... it's not like you can vape everything away in two drags.. and it's closer to the mannerisms of smoking with lighting it with the torch and all that.

Low & Slow is the key and convection preferably that there's no contact with hot parts for longest and maximum flavour.. also the effect is very interesting with ramping things up slowly as the components hit you differently.

The transition is of course weird.. and I feel most that transition are also looking for that high gear vape, they kinda want some form of cloud & vapor and the throathit of smoking.. so they bypass the lower settings and get the herb as hot as possible which results in very short flavour.. . and well the way of extraction is important airflow & resistanc. with that minvap I can take loads of drags that don't produce any vapor yet are full of flavour I can spend half an hour extracting a small little bowl with it and you go through a whole journey of flavours and effects and then you suddenly notice wow I'm hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, of a tiny bowl. I'm going to open it up and try to get it working again.

And a Dynavap kinda also comes close that.. as that also retains flavour quite long, and you have to work to extract as well... it's not like you can vape everything away in two drags.. and it's closer to the mannerisms of smoking with lighting it with the torch and all that.

Low & Slow is the key and convection preferably that there's no contact with hot parts for longest and maximum flavour.. also the effect is very interesting with ramping things up slowly as the components hit you differently.
I had issues with the hot air at first, it made me cough constantly. Honestly it took me at least 3 to 4 months to get used to vaping but now it's been 2 years since combusting and I dont miss it at all

Appreciate the tip mate I'll see how I get on, vaping is definitely the way forward, no combustion has got my vote.
I had no choice I grew up with bad asthma and shouldn't have been smoking in the first place but once I hit age 40 my lungs were so messed up I could barely make it through a bowl by myself I knew I had to make the change

Thanks for the advice and info guys, I do also have the issue with the hot air being an issue, it's hotter than it is from a joint and it kinda hits/tickles the throat differently.

I'll test out the lower settings in combination with the ice bong and see how I get on, my lungs will thank me for it and my wallet too, I noticed vaping is definitely the most efficient method you can make one fill last ages :D

Thanks for the advice and info guys, I do also have the issue with the hot air being an issue, it's hotter than it is from a joint and it kinda hits/tickles the throat differently.

I'll test out the lower settings in combination with the ice bong and see how I get on, my lungs will thank me for it and my wallet too, I noticed vaping is definitely the most efficient method you can make one fill last ages :D
It defintely helps conserve flower. When I combusted I was a half oz per week user and now I consume around 7g per week

It defintely helps conserve flower. When I combusted I was a half oz per week user and now I consume around 7g per week
Ahh that would be incredible to cut my consumption in half, although if my grows are succesful that won't matter so much lol.

Ahh that would be incredible to cut my consumption in half, although if my grows are succesful that won't matter so much lol.
Yeah if you grow enough it doesn't really matter, but by saving half then I can trade half for other things, last year I traded some flower to a neighbor for a wood pellet smoker and then gave the guy more flower to fix my roof over the summer. I saved money this christmas by giving out weed to my sister and my neice and nephew then all I had left was my parents it saved a lot of money during this holiday

Back
Top Bottom