Watering coco

5 Gal pots are huge for coco grows. You can seriously grow trees if you are watering multiple times a day. With the hydroponic nature of coco, are smartpots or fabric pots beneficial? I’ve had great luck with 3G plastic pots (about 2G equivilant volume). I hear people gripe about runoff and wasted nutrient solution. The math is pretty easy when you look at 5G vs 3G when you’re talking watering to waste multiple times daily.

Just my $0.02. Hope all works out for you!
Yeah, i think im going to switch to 3 gal fabric pots next grow and see how the difference is.

Attachments

• 20180625_153145.jpg
    20180625_153145.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 152
Yeah, i think im going to switch to 3 gal fabric pots next grow and see how the difference is.

I normally run two to three gallon fabric pots, but on my current grow I have one plant Monster Crop that I have in a 10 gallon fabric pot with Canna Coco.

Longer than I needed too but I had the sisters of this monster crop in the tent flowering. I took her at day 33 of flower on 12/26 and put her into flower on 4/30. So about 18 weeks, had I of had the tent available I could have done it with 6 to 8 weeks. That's the veg time for my vertical grows.

GR
The key, IMHO, to every grow is the root system.
Here is the plant in a 3 gallon smart pot, note the roots extending beyond the pot. Pic taken 3/28
I transplanted into this 10 gallon smart pot on 4/4 and this pic was taken on 4/12, this whole grow this plant has had an aggressive root system.

Hello, new to the site. This has been a great thread to read and pick up some guidance. I am just wrapping up my first hydro grow, in coco. I have a 30 gallon reservoir, the pump is on a timer and it runs for two minutes at timed intervals starting at 5am, 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Each two minute pump cycle pumps about 20 gallons to six smart pots. It is a DIY system, kind of a closed loop sort of. The runoff is pumped back to the res. Thinking bigger is better I went with 15 gallon pots but from seeing what you guys are doing has me already planning to scale back the pots. Also thinking of changing the watering cycle to every three hours around the clock. My plants did very well with above mentioned watering schedule but...
My biggest blunder was not getting any netting up for support.
IMG_20180616_055651.jpg
IMG_20180619_112510.jpg

Hello, new to the site. This has been a great thread to read and pick up some guidance. I am just wrapping up my first hydro grow, in coco. I have a 30 gallon reservoir, the pump is on a timer and it runs for two minutes at timed intervals starting at 5am, 7am, 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm. Each two minute pump cycle pumps about 20 gallons to six smart pots. It is a DIY system, kind of a closed loop sort of. The runoff is pumped back to the res. Thinking bigger is better I went with 15 gallon pots but from seeing what you guys are doing has me already planning to scale back the pots. Also thinking of changing the watering cycle to every three hours around the clock. My plants did very well with above mentioned watering schedule but...
My biggest blunder was not getting any netting up for support.
IMG_20180616_055651.jpg
IMG_20180619_112510.jpg

When you say water around the clock, you mean during lights on?
I never water with lights off.

Just curious,
GR

When you say water around the clock, you mean during lights on?
I never water with lights off.

Just curious,
GR
Yes I was thinking around the clock. Somewhere I read that plants will uptake anytime and that they are always growing. My first water of the day at 5am is an hour before the lights come on. Really interested in your thoughts, as well as everyone else. So I would do 8 cycles every 24 hours.

Thanks for the input guys

Hey growers, I'm switching into flower today and wondering what a good feeding schedule would be.

My light schedule is 5:00pm lights on, 5:00am lights off (12/12) and I currently run my feeding schedule twice a day @ 8:00pm and 8:00am (12/12) - Just wondering if there is a more efficient or better feeding schedule?

I am using a drain to waste setup using the floraflex manifold system with round floracaps, i run my pump for 1 minute 15 seconds to get 10% run off.

I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't feed when the lights are off?
Wondering what the reasoning behind that is?

Thanks in advance
Pics of the floraflex set up with 5 gal pots (will be going down to 3 Gal pots next grow)

Also getting thus deficiency on only two of the n

Sorry gr0w, this late reply will have to be for your next grow.
I suggest you feed every 3 hrs during light on, starting at 5.00 p.m. You can lessen the pump time a bit so you don't get too much runoff.

The plant doesn't absorb any water during lights off due to no photosynthesis happening then. Feeding at night is pure waste of nutes and will make the humidity go up.

what is coco loco? Coco needs to be fed everyday as its inert media and has no nutrient quality, it has nothing to do with o2. All the o2 means is that is can be multifed with no negative effects and is better for the plant due to boosted o2 in rootzone. Never ever give plain water to coco unless it is at the end of the plants life and it is time to clean the media and plant, flushing. for best results in coco and plants like these.......

Feed minimum once per day and 2 or 3 times per day is even better. It means can keep coco optimum for plant healrth and stops spikes and dips of nutrient, stops hot spots in the coco and allowing coco to dry out is terrible for the rootzone. It should never be dry.
Hi Cult, new to growing in coco and I was curious. so when you say feed them every day, how much PPM do you use everyday or do you split the amount of PPM you feed for the week?

Hi Cult, new to growing in coco and I was curious. so when you say feed them every day, how much PPM do you use everyday or do you split the amount of PPM you feed for the week?

depends on the nutrients used. I start out at like 120 ppms or 1 week olds adding 100 ppms a week as they get bigger. you feed them the same ppms constant every feed and gradually increase, dont divide up the week.

Back
Top Bottom