Watering coco

ok, technically thats not really coco. coco has nothing added to it and should be fed daily. you mix is closer to a soil mix.

Yeah, thats what i figured too. Ill get it sorted once and for all with side by side experiment of everyday water, and only when dry watering. Solve this once and for all, lol.

I'd love to know the yield on the plant that looks like it's in an attic with chains hanging behind it. :welldone:

It was around 8oz dry, was a couple years ago now so I couldnt say 100% but sure it was around that.

Thanks cult

I also want nice white ash correct sir ? I can tell because my test bud is black ash mostly

Yes. sugars especially cause black as, things like bud candy, carboload and molasses etc.

It was around 8oz dry, was a couple years ago now so I couldnt say 100% but sure it was around that.

Yes. sugars especially cause black as, things like bud candy, carboload and molasses etc.
Good thing I stoped using bud candy on big bomb and OGC. I mean I used t accordingly to bottle more or less as to when . Bit thanks cult for clearing that up my good kind sir .

Much love sir .

You must feed nutrients everyday from day1. Coco is hydroponic and should not be treated like soil. There are different ways to attack the grow but never give plain water, as already mentione above it messes up the environment in the grow medium. Only the last 7-10 days give water to flush.

I think this might have been what messed up my plants growth Cult. In week 1 of VEG I had tested run off and saw it was at 5.4 EC (2900ppm) so I freaked out and immediately flushed it with 2.5 liters of RO water and the worst part is that I had forgotten to PH it and my RO water has a PH of 7.5

I am only at week 3 so I could do with restarting everything again if you think that could have drastic consequences throughout my grow. Plus I bought all your recommended nutes etc... for your feeding schedule and I have more seeds in my fridge of that same Blue Cheese strain. I know that's a tough one but what's your word on that ? Should I keep on going and pray for things to be fine or should I just start all over and call it a day for these poor girls ?

It's just that they are growing so slow : ( Well this is my first time growing but I'm at 19 days from seed planting and would have thought they should have been bigger by now. Definitely not using Canna anymore lol

Canna is not the problem, inexperience is. Not knocking your grow, but coco growing is a learned art, no matter who's nutes you use.
WE have all had our F'up's in coco. As cult said, don't throw them out, you in veg, get your numbers right and the plant will be fine.
Good luck to you buddy, hope all turns well in your favor.

GR

T
Canna is not the problem, inexperience is. Not knocking your grow, but coco growing is a learned art, no matter who's nutes you use.
WE have all had our F'up's in coco. As cult said, don't throw them out, you in veg, get your numbers right and the plant will be fine.
Good luck to you buddy, hope all turns well in your favor.

GR[/QUOTE

Thanx buddy !

Thanks for this thread and all the precious answers guys!

Barneys Farm LSD just before harvest, Canna coco in two gallon Smart Pots, mostly Canna nutes, DIY drip system. To this point I had been using 3 to 4 cycles a light period. Even in this grow I had what I consider a major F'up and I have been growing for years. After flip at day 21 of stretch I did not adjust the lights height and I went out of town for a couple of days and the plants grew into the lamps. Got some very bad burning but they still produce 26.5 zips of tight smokable bud.
Keep your chin up and kick some ass.

GR

Barneys Farm LSD just before harvest, Canna coco in two gallon Smart Pots, mostly Canna nutes, DIY drip system. To this point I had been using 3 to 4 cycles a light period. Even in this grow I had what I consider a major F'up and I have been growing for years. After flip at day 21 of stretch I did not adjust the lights height and I went out of town for a couple of days and the plants grew into the lamps. Got some very bad burning but they still produce 26.5 zips of tight smokable bud.
Keep your chin up and kick some ass.

GR
You guys are better than my coach at the gym for motivation : )

Jeeze, I totally forgot I posted this and didn't even read the comments for my whole grow. Thank you to everyone who replied, reading these comments is definitely going to help my next grow. (LSD, Cannuk Cookie and K- Train)

Grow turned out alright, definitely not as much as the first run of these seeds but now onto the next.
I have changed up my system and am going to be running 4 plants in 5gal smart pots with a single nutrients reservoir with a pump inside with tubbing ran to a Flora Flex manifold system with some flora Caps on-top.
-I'm still trying to come up with a good way to get rid of the run off that I don't have to shop vac it out every single day and Don't have access to a drain close enough to my grow room.

Seedlings are sitting in solo cups but am transplaning them tomorrow.

Questions:
1) What are some good ways to get rid of the run off? Maybe build a gravity drain? But want to keep plants low to ground so I don't outgrow my tent/lights.
2) What would be a good size to transplant them into before resting them in 5gallon smart pots??
3) should I transfer from solo cup to smart pots or into a plastic pot before final transplant??
4) how long can nutrients sit in a reservoir, and should I introduce an air stone to keep it mixed, or will adding o2 to the sitting nutrients effect it?? Maybe add a small pump inside just to move the water around instead??

I will try to remember I posted this time lol

Thanks again everyone. :Namaste:

have you read any of my journals or my coco thread? i thijk if you read them you will get your answers mate.
Yes, I skimmed through and got some answers. Thanks.
I just didn't find anything on my 4th question about nutrients sitting in a reservoir

Thanks cult

5 Gal pots are huge for coco grows. You can seriously grow trees if you are watering multiple times a day. With the hydroponic nature of coco, are smartpots or fabric pots beneficial? I’ve had great luck with 3G plastic pots (about 2G equivilant volume). I hear people gripe about runoff and wasted nutrient solution. The math is pretty easy when you look at 5G vs 3G when you’re talking watering to waste multiple times daily.

Just my $0.02. Hope all works out for you!

Back
Top Bottom