Weed legal states

I just played this game a few years ago. I ended up in Missouri.

1. Individuals at least twenty-one years of age may obtain a consumer personal cultivation card from the department to cultivate up to six (6) flowering marijuana plants, six (6) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall or more, and six (6) non flowering plants under 14 inches tall in a single enclosed locked facility. All consumer personal cultivation must take place at a private residence.

If there is 2 adults over 21 with license your amount doubles.

I just played this game a few years ago. I ended up in Missouri.

1. Individuals at least twenty-one years of age may obtain a consumer personal cultivation card from the department to cultivate up to six (6) flowering marijuana plants, six (6) nonflowering plants under 14 inches tall or more, and six (6) non flowering plants under 14 inches tall in a single enclosed locked facility. All consumer personal cultivation must take place at a private residence.
Is there a fee for the cultivation card?

any Missouri resident over the age of 21 may apply for a $100 personal cultivation registration license. Personal cultivation licenses are valid for one year

I believe it's cheaper if you have your medical card, to add cultivation to you license. But I didn't see the need to pay doctors to continue getting medical card. I don't go to the dispensary anymore. Regardless it's recreational here now also. Med users pay same price as recreational users. Just a taxation difference.

More to it than just how many plants a resident of the state can grow.

Example is Michigan. Recreational use by adults is legal. We are allowed 12 plants total per residence no matter how many adults living there. No need to register with the state. No need to pay for permission to grow. If it is a rental house or apartment then the landlord must allow growing. I am pretty sure a landlord's rights to their property will be a major issue no matter what state.

If someone moves to a state because of the number of plants they can grow at a time it might not be where they want to live because of things like sales taxes and income taxes. What about the school systems if the grower has kids. Going to have to check the cost of housing. No point in moving somewhere if the grower cannot afford to buy or rent a house unless it is next to the county dump or incinerator.

I am looking for some advice. I'm wanting to know, of all the states where it's legal to grow at home, which state would be the best to move to?
There have been message threads with the same question but I cannot remember which sub-forum.

"Best" for what purpose? As was mentioned above, there are a lot of parameters in play other than just growing some plants.

And keep in mind that all of these laws will change/be tweeked many times. Some folks don't get that when they think about the topic. Things will change as the program/law unfolds and they see what folks will do. Once they find a loophole, they will set down new rules. CO has changed the med law so many times in 20+ years it's crazy.

You can grow anywhere if you keep your mouth shut. IF there's profit in mind...yer better off in the illegal states.

good luck!

Yea I am just doing research on what state would be the most advantageous to move to, given all of the parameters involved. This isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve lived from Mt. Shasta to Maine. Believe me I am aware of all the fine details. I am illegal growing here and as I get older I get more paranoid about what would happen if I were to get caught. Don’t want to die in prison.

Rodeos are good. Had a few myself. :)

Kinda comes down to $$$$, IMO. If money is the focus...you'll be breaking the law in the legal states to pull off a good haul the same way you are in the illegal states. Like here in CO...yer only truly "legal" with 3 in flower. You can do more...like anywhere else....but they didn't change ANYTHING in the law for cultivation ABOVE the legal counts. Same Felonies. Same jail time. Now yer running shod on THE STATE'S GAME. Not good. They like that tax money.

A lot of folks thought they'd move their very profitable game along with them when they came.....but they were wrong. Pot is cheap here. If you ask anyone if they "know anybody who needs a bag" they just smile and say "I was gonna ask you the same thing". Folks in the illegal states have called me a liar for saying shit like that...but they aren't here/weren't here to watch the freefall of prices starting in about 2010. It was crazy. I got out. Why work for 1/2 the $$$ or less with the SAME risk? Nah. nope. YMMV. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though. I get it.

In Michigan it's easy to obtain a caregivers license. which allows you to have up to 5 patients with medical cards you can be the caregiver for. Each patient you can have 12 plants and if you have your own med card you can have another 12 for yourself. Cards get renewed every other year. Fee's for each is 60$ plus doctors visits

Illinois is legal to grow up to 6 plants per household, your supposed to have some kinda medical marijuana card. They're not hard to obtain. And any weed you carry on your person just keep it in a dispensary container and the cops can't do shit to you. Otherwise they either ignore it or toss it in the dirt. On the sunny side, if for some reason you get caught growing. Theyll probably take your plants, but really only thing they can do is fine you for it. It's a $200. fine per every 6 plants under your roof.
Leafly does online medical marijuana cards, $150. Or $75. If your a veteran.
Hope this helps.
My opinion Texas will be the last state to legalize cannabis.

In Michigan it's easy to obtain a caregivers license. which allows you to have up to 5 patients with medical cards you can be the caregiver for. Each patient you can have 12 plants and if you have your own med card you can have another 12 for yourself. Cards get renewed every other year. Fee's for each is 60$ plus doctors visits
WOW

I had the opportunity to move anywhere. I've lived everywhere. I had been in Florida 5years prior. COVID made it scary, violent, super expensive.

So I wanted privacy, fresh air, space. Wanted somewhere but was cheap to retire 20years early. My kids are grown so I didn't worry about schools much. I looked for acreage, affordability, and under hour to Walmart.

Then spent awhile reading specific laws and language per state to determine where I wanted to be. Some states are still criminalizing cannabis even with recreational or medical cannabis, it's a shame.

No I definitely believe you. After the laws started changing for the better it's only logical that prices in those states would fall considerably.
Looks like I may not be moving after all. I've been doing this here for almost 12 years so far with NO hiccups, THANK YOU LORD!
Thank you for your help.

If it works...go with it. I started growing here in CO in '90. It was very profitable fun...but the risk was like anywhere else w/o any protections. Then MMJ hit...then Rec. So much has changed but that's OK. Now I don't hide it. It's just another veggie! They aren't coming for a handful pf plants///or even a few more. THAT is the beauty of it all IMO.

If you go to the NORML website they have a interactive map, click on a state and it will tell you the cannabis laws for the state.

State Laws - NORML

Back
Top Bottom