Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

Some other options that will help buy you extra time are to perhaps put them in a small res where they can drink from the bottom.

This quote is 2 yrs old, I am just killing time browsing the journal... this it reminds me that I used to use reservoirs all the time. It seemed to me that the plants would drink what they needed and no worry about over watering. Once the reservoir was empty I'd wait a day to re-fill, about 3" of water up from the bottom of the container... I think about 3 or 4 gal flower pots. Maybe faulty logic but I had good results. I started out with the "Phototron", had 2 of them does anyone remember those? They were intended for hydroponics but I just loaded it up with dirt. Sold them just a couple yrs ago on Craigs List. By the time I quit growing I'd built an enclosure in my basement and went to MH veg and HPS flower, both 400w.

This quote is 2 yrs old, I am just killing time browsing the journal... this it reminds me that I used to use reservoirs all the time. It seemed to me that the plants would drink what they needed and no worry about over watering. Once the reservoir was empty I'd wait a day to re-fill, about 3" of water up from the bottom of the container... I think about 3 or 4 gal flower pots. Maybe faulty logic but I had good results. I started out with the "Phototron", had 2 of them does anyone remember those? They were intended for hydroponics but I just loaded it up with dirt. Sold them just a couple yrs ago on Craigs List. By the time I quit growing I'd built an enclosure in my basement and went to MH veg and HPS flower, both 400w.

Well, I'm still around and, as an "old timer" I do remember those Phototrons! They looked very "cool" at the time and always wondered if they really were any good at growing meds. I remember they used to advertise in the back of adult magazines! :laugh:

How'd they work out for you?

Hey Vtwin, Krip! My first journal and grow, a blast from the past. Those alien abductions were bag seeds and I got 3 of 3 females which I was psyched about. The word phototron rings a bell in my mind but not sure why I would know it since I didn't start growing til 2016.

:passitleft:

Well, I'm still around and, as an "old timer" I do remember those Phototrons! They looked very "cool" at the time and always wondered if they really were any good at growing meds. I remember they used to advertise in the back of adult magazines! :laugh:

How'd they work out for you?

They did well but just not enough space inside for a big bush. If I'd known more about growing they probably would have produced a much better yield but back in the day there were not forums like this one for help. I paid $600 for the larger one and $400 for a smaller one ... replacement bulbs were way expensive too.... could buy brand a new 1000w LED at todays prices.

Back
Top Bottom