What's up with this thing

captaincronik

Hey all. So i bought some outdoor seeds in prep for this summer a while ago from a small time seed bank.
I popped a few of them so i could seek out a mother for some cuttings.

Ended up with a few. Amongst them is one plant.
Im under the impression that the guy accidently put an auto flowering seed in with the reg photo sensitive ones i ordered. Any way. Its been like 67 days in my veg tent and its starting to flower. But at an extremely slow rate.
Dont most autos finish in 90 to 100 days?
Its in a tent. 400 watt mh 18/6 schedule.. environment is kept 75 - 78 f RH kept 50 - 65%
I took a couple pics.. is it worth keeping? I have never dealt with autos before. Could it just be a product of shoddy breading?
20190411_200329.jpg
20190411_200318.jpg

Hey all. So i bought some outdoor seeds in prep for this summer a while ago from a small time seed bank.

Im under the impression that the guy accidently put an auto flowering seed in with the reg photo sensitive ones i ordered. Any way. Its been like 67 days in my veg tent and its starting to flower. But at an extremely slow rate.
Its in a tent. 400 watt mh 18/6 schedule.. environment is kept 75 - 78 f RH kept 50 - 65%
I took a couple pics.. is it worth keeping? I have never dealt with autos before. Could it just be a product of shoddy breading?
20190411_200329.jpg
20190411_200318.jpg
Looks like a flowering auto to me... No recent changes in light schedule?

When did the pistils start? Around 4-6 weeks from sprout? Seems like that is the case... seed mix up.

Auto's can be great though! I always keep a few around. Keep pumping light at her & enjoy the harvest. LoL
:snowboating:

Looks like a flowering auto to me... No recent changes in light schedule?

When did the pistils start? Around 4-6 weeks from sprout? Seems like that is the case... seed mix up.

Auto's can be great though! I always keep a few around. Keep pumping light at her & enjoy the harvest. LoL
:snowboating:
No change in light schedule at all...
Pistils did start to show at week 4..but the other plants also started showing theyre sex at the same.. more or less wondering about the time frame now.. i feel like they should be more advanced into flowering by now.. but i have no auto experience so here i am

No change in light schedule at all...
Pistils did start to show at week 4..but the other plants also started showing theyre sex at the same.. more or less wondering about the time frame now.. i feel like they should be more advanced into flowering by now.. but i have no auto experience so here i am
Look for about 6-8 week flower cycle. Depending on pheno... I've had some run longer. Generally, all of my autos have grown between 90-120 days from sprout.

Look for about 6-8 week flower cycle. Depending on pheno... I've had some run longer. Generally, all of my autos have grown between 90-120 days from sprout.
Yea that makes more sense now..
Some bloom nutes may be in order...
Yea i started adjusting last week. I knew it was flowering.. i just needed a general time frame

So a little update.. its now been 88 days from seed.. and its still thin as hell refusing to push forward with flowering... has me a little confused and annoyed.
It was crowding my veg tent too much towering over the start of my outdoor crop.. so i moved it into my flowering tent to see if the reduction in light time would change things...
So closer to the right bottom is the mysterious plant.. other two are on day 12 of flowering. Normal photoperiod..

How long should i leave it in the flowering tent before it shall be deemed a lost cause?

Attachments

• 20190501_205150.jpg
    20190501_205150.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 115
Looks like a PHOTO period plant to me. That kinda sucks if you were hoping for an AUTO.

It happens - maybe a seed mixup or something - looks like she's about to flower tho to me. I'd be keeping an eye out for male bits. Anything possible right now.

Looks like a PHOTO period plant to me. That kinda sucks if you were hoping for an AUTO.

It happens - maybe a seed mixup or something - looks like she's about to flower tho to me. I'd be keeping an eye out for male bits. Anything possible right now.
I don't know what it is.... it did start flowering under 18 6... then just stalled...

It is already quite a bit bigger than most of the Autos I see online...

I'm just going to avoid any more confusion and kill it when I get home tonight

I don't suppose you could just stick it outside and let it go....It's a shame to kill a beautiful
plant like that,but you gotta do what you gotta do....

20190411_200329.jpg
20190411_200318.jpg
I know @Blewhiller grows his for 100 days. Weve spoken on this before

Back
Top Bottom