When trimming bud are you supposed to pull off every small leaf or or trim it?

popolino77

I just harvested my auto berry . I am trimming it mostly by hand with out scissors by pulling all the leaves off but there are some very small leaves that are stuck inside the bud I have been pulling them out to the best of my ability and if I cant get the small leaf off by pulling it i then trim it. is this the correct way to trim bud ? and am i wasting any good smoke by pulling out the very small leaves ?

I highly suggest you at least get scissors - your fingers are rubbing off the trichs - I'll bet your fingers are sticky as hell. If I can see the stem on the leaf I cut it there and if not I just trim what's sticking out. Some people leave the sugar leaves on because they're loaded with trichs but I cut them off and use it for hash.

I just harvested my auto berry . I am trimming it mostly by hand with out scissors by pulling all the leaves off but there are some very small leaves that are stuck inside the bud I have been pulling them out to the best of my ability and if I cant get the small leaf off by pulling it i then trim it. is this the correct way to trim bud ? and am i wasting any good smoke by pulling out the very small leaves ?

Hey, popolino, congrats on the harvest!

I would definitely use scissors or trimmers. As Mick and Cultivator have already said, your fingers aren't the best tool for this job :) The little leaves in the bud, the sugar leaves you can leave on if you wish, especially if the bud is just for your own consumption. Lots of trichomes on sugar leaves for sure! But as Mick says, they're also great for making hash or edibles, so it's up to you!

Back
Top Bottom