Where to buy solvent to make RSO in Victoria BC Canada

smokedvw

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone knew where to buy

I have read that using the 99% isopropyl alcohol is bad so you should use a food grade ethanol.
Like 200/190 proof alcohol like ever clear in the US, essentially food grade.

I need to use a solvent while making Rick Simpson oil and these are the two mainly listed from what I found online.

I can't find anywhere to buy it at this point.

Thank you

There used to be a product called Alcool which was 94 or 95 percent alcohol sold here in the east. Not sure if it's still available or not.
I believe in Quebec only but maybe in a few N.B. stores as well , but its a crab shoot. As mentioned above the Extractahol would be good but also not avaliable in Canada. Leaves us with moonshine or isipropal.

I buy food grade ethanol by the gallon. Everclear where I live is $20 for a 750 ml bottle. Going this route was cheaper.

...generally speaking, 40% or 80 proof is the highest alcohol content commercially available in Canada...there are a few exceptions, such as 151 rum, which, to my knowledge is the highest carried by the various liquor outlets...however, it is quite expensive, which unless you are using a tabletop distiller to recover the alcohol for reuse, make it cost prohibitive...the "AlCool" that was/is available was/is 40% alcohol by volume(at least in Ontario)...makes some wicked liqueur's tho'... ;) :rofl:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

I use 151 rum for tinctures (haven’t tried it with cannabis extracts). I didn’t think it was more expensive than regular rum, factoring in cost of the extra alcohol.
Home stills are becoming more common, at least where I am, and that’s probably going to be your only available source anyway if you want a very high percentage. I know a couple people with them, and there is or was at least one company in Ontario selling them online. Legal to buy.

you can find Everclear in any decent liquor store in Canada

everclear is illegal in most canadian markets.

Extractohol looks like a good product.

also technically not available. you can order it ( even legally ), but the chances of it making it over the border and thu the various levels regulation make receiving it dicey

I believe in Quebec only but maybe in a few N.B. stores as well , but its a crab shoot. As mentioned above the Extractahol would be good but also not avaliable in Canada. Leaves us with moonshine or isipropal.

food grade and animal use alcohols are closely controlled by the liquor control board in each province.
extractahol falls into that category. you can legally order it. getting it can be another story tho.

...generally speaking, 40% or 80 proof is the highest alcohol content commercially available in Canada...there are a few exceptions, such as 151 rum, which, to my knowledge is the highest carried by the various liquor outlets...however, it is quite expensive, which unless you are using a tabletop distiller to recover the alcohol for reuse, make it cost prohibitive...the "AlCool" that was/is available was/is 40% alcohol by volume(at least in Ontario)...makes some wicked liqueur's tho'... ;) :rofl:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

most alcohol is at least partly taxed by alcohol content. the high proof alcohols have been taxed completely out of the market where i live. they are available legally, but no one sells them as the asking price is ridiculous.

I use 151 rum for tinctures (haven’t tried it with cannabis extracts). I didn’t think it was more expensive than regular rum, factoring in cost of the extra alcohol.
Home stills are becoming more common, at least where I am, and that’s probably going to be your only available source anyway if you want a very high percentage. I know a couple people with them, and there is or was at least one company in Ontario selling them online. Legal to buy.

the home still thing is becoming ever more popular here. illegal moonshine is also becoming more available as stuff gets priced out of reach.

i think the stills are sold here as water purification units as a legal work around.

in the meantime most of us here are stuck with iso and few choices.. :(

heya friends,, one thing to think about re this subject,,

once the rso has been made,, which, btw, i make with iso alcohol, as recommended by many times researching the subject,, not saying its the best way to make it, just an acceptable way

tinctures,, well, two uses for tinctures,, one is to use to rub on the skin for pain relief

so, if that is ones intention, and ingestion is not a possibility, then using iso alcohol for a tincture is great, after all , the stuff is 'rubbing alcohol'

regular alcohol, as in rum etc, does not seem to absorb as much of the rso, so the alcohol needs to be 'reduced' near in half to up the strength a bit

personally i dont use the iso alc tincture, or make it,, just sayin one can

@zeroday where are you located?

So I read you can go to the BC liquor store and tell them you want to get 151 or possibly higher for extraction.

Now that weed is legal im thinking I will just tell ten I want to extract it to make cannabis oil for medical purposes.

Back
Top Bottom