Which Grow Light For The Price? Best Price For The Best Light

Aha, but
So CSA is not the same as the standards you have in Canada??? as to get the C it needs to conform to Canadian standards.. Set by the CSA standards body
if it only conforms to US standards you can't put the C.. then it's just whatever testing lab label US. and you can have SA US labels only as well. Tested by CSA laboratories but only conform to US standards.

the C alone is not CSA. it is another standard entirely.

CSA group, Underwriter labs or Tüv Süd are or have nationally recognised testing labs in Canada, US and Germany.

they are accepted but have no testing facilities here at all.

there are independent labs that can test products but they generally have no ability to bestow a certificate.

Like the mark on mine means that Tüv Süd was used as an OSHA approved NRTL to test to US and Canadian requirements. So I'd imagine for compliance the NRTLs have to perform the tests like the CSA labs would to reach the Canadian standard. No? as thats the whole thing with people trying to achieve standards, they develop protocols so those can be achieved across varying groups.

CSA recognizes what those standards are, but the products do not have to be tested in canada. if it achieves the standard set elsewhere, it is agreed there is no need for anything further unless attempting to achieve a full CSA cert.

Or are you saying that the labs the group use in Canada go above and beyond to reach the same standard set by their other body than others to comply to those standards?

CSA standards are ridiculously high. it's the standard used in areonautical and space exploration equipment, or any high stress mission critical component.

Since it's coveted, I'm sure using the actual CSA group might be a more complex, longwinded or expensive process and the mark carries more prestige.

fun fact : it's not even a legal requirement. CSA is almost totally voluntary. it's a huge ask for engineers to work within the standard.

the C alone is not CSA. it is another standard entirely.

they are accepted but have no testing facilities here at all.

there are independent labs that can test products but they generally have no ability to bestow a certificate.

CSA recognizes what those standards are, but the products do not have to be tested in canada. if it achieves the standard set elsewhere, it is agreed there is no need for anything further unless attempting to achieve a full CSA cert.

CSA standards are ridiculously high. it's the standard used in areonautical and space exploration equipment, or any high stress mission critical component.

fun fact : it's not even a legal requirement. CSA is almost totally voluntary. it's a huge ask for engineers to work within the standard.
Aaah my head, Yeah no the C does not stand for CSA it stands for Canada, and pertains to electrical devices etc requirements for the country.. but in order to C the electrical operation and safety of the device has to conform to Canadian requirements but for Canada those are regulated by CSA no? as it's two bodies of the same thing where the information gleaned from the research, testing and laboratories informs the regulatory standards body.
So in order to meet Canadian requirements you kinda already have to comply to well standard codes of safety and operation of CSA for that device is what I'm getting at.

What does a CSA cert look like. Are we talking bout this?
As this means the same thing.. Just that the nationally recognised labs of the CSA group have deemed the device to be conform to Canadian & US standards for electrical, plumbing and mechanical products.
That's where the C and the US come in
Like C CSA US / C UL US / C TüvSüd US all mean the same thing but different lab used. right?

th-1.jpg

I mean a Canadian toaster with that marking isn't rated for space either;
So I feel you are referring to there's a bunch of other rating levels & meanings and industry specific stuff they can dish out or to employ those labs and get through their testing and get csa stamp for your invention or product is just another level.
And I get if you're building an installation somewhere and it needs a field certification or inspection from them that you're better be updated and no shortcuts as everything has to be according to code and standards, and they mark every little thing down.
But yeah we're talking about drivers here for like consumer and commercial use.. we're not growing in space, although there should be some grow lights on the ISS now I think about space. What are they using.

No Tuv/sud doesn't have a lab in Canada but I meant respectively and or as it's CSA group Canada, Underwiter in the US and TUV comes from Germany but they have a lab in the US and other parts of the world too.

Say does Fietchen have the light yet? And whatever happened to that frankenauto?

Not sure why some on here think lights are any different! 🤣
You really need to be careful about where you’re purchasing from. I think 🤔 if you’re buying from the manufacturer then you should be fine but I would be cautious about anything from a non factory distributor. CL🍀.

You really need to be careful about where you’re purchasing from. I think 🤔 if you’re buying from the manufacturer then you should be fine but I would be cautious about anything from a non factory distributor. CL🍀.
Actually yes, I decided on that too recently after an experience with an online distributor.
If manufacturer will sell and ship, that's the safest bet.

Actually yes, I decided on that too recently after an experience with an online distributor.
If manufacturer will sell and ship, that's the safest bet.
I seen a documentary once about an investigator for a big designer. Gucci maybe? Idr but he tracked down knockoffs. He ended up in China and there was City there that had a big warehouse like space with booths selling everything you could imagine in counterfeit goods, medicines,appliances, designer clothes, purses, perfumes etc. It was incredible how many different things they were selling. And you know damn well that the Government knew what they were doing. CL🍀

What does a CSA cert look like. Are we talking bout this?

Like C CSA US / C UL US / C TüvSüd US all mean the same thing but different lab used. right?

th-1.jpg

yes that's a CSA. you're pretty well on the right track. if it achieves the CSA it will have already passed the C and US standard levels to get there. in many cases they would be dropped from the markings if the CSA is present.

it works the same for other safety standard levels. if product achieves a CE, a UL and others would be implied, whether marked or not.

I grow for many years but not with this new light xD

First looks looks Amazing very good quality heavy pieces looks great not cheap at all...

What's your first inspection the Driver?

IMG_20231019_221110.jpg
IMG_20231019_221104.jpg
IMG_20231019_221058.jpg
Looks to be a quality driver that’s rated to 240W but you can’t really tell without seeing the internal parts. If you purchased it from the manufacturer it should be fine. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer: Edit: opening it might void your warranty so prolly not recommended.

Looks to be a quality driver that’s rated to 240W but you can’t really tell without seeing the internal parts. If you purchased it from the manufacturer it should be fine. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer: Edit: opening it might void your warranty so prolly not recommended.

I can open the package that's why i bought it for open it ore what you mean? Do you think i will open the driver? No way i trust them. I bought it from ebay but the seller is the manufactory Viper...

I can open the package that's why i bought it for open it ore what you mean? Do you think i will open the driver? No way i trust them. I bought it from ebay but the seller is the manufactory Viper...
I was referring to the driver and if you trust your purchase that’s wonderful. CL🍀.

lifud is kind of a kitten brand. they're a cheap driver made with stolen technology in china. the FCC is not a safety mark, it is a voluntary designation stating the product won't interfere with radio broadcast waves.

driver should be ok if it performs to spec, it won't have the lifespan of a mean well or other top shelf driver.

edit : it carries no safety or quality control markings of any note.

lifud is kind of a kitten brand. they're a cheap driver made with stolen technology in china. the FCC is not a safety mark, it is a voluntary designation stating the product won't interfere with radio broadcast waves.

driver should be ok if it performs to spec, it won't have the lifespan of a mean well or other top shelf driver.

edit : it carries no safety or quality control markings of any note.
With the switch to LED has there been a decrease or increase in incidents? As people were running super hot glass bulbs often with a cheap ballast as well in a ceramic socket that used to go brittle after long use...

With the switch to LED has there been a decrease or increase in incidents? As people were running super hot glass bulbs often with a cheap ballast as well in a ceramic socket that used to go brittle after long use...

aside from bill's unfortunate incident, there has been a sharp decrease in grow related fires. the lighting is far safer now with led than ever before. another factor is folk no longer use light rails.

Not sure why some on here think lights are any different! 🤣

Preach! China is a weirdly sensitive subject around here some times. Communist money doesn’t like to be identified, and it likes it even less when it’s called out.

aside from bill's unfortunate incident, there has been a sharp decrease in grow related fires. the lighting is far safer now with led than ever before. another factor is folk no longer use light rails.

It also helps that growing cannabis has become less risky. Therefore the type of person to grow has become less risky. With that, a lot of people also aren’t trying to shove a bunch of pirated electrical into a tiny space.

It also helps that growing cannabis has become less risky. Therefore the type of person to grow has become less risky. With that, a lot of people also aren’t trying to shove a bunch of pirated electrical into a tiny space.

on the downside there's a lot of folk jumping in without planning a space or setting up proper. a lot of the same issues crop up that were around pre-legal.

the folk i know involved pre-legal all have safer and better spaces than anyone i've seen who simply jumped in and bought a tent once the laws changed.

a majority of the new folk here start up with barely any idea of what will be required.

on the downside there's a lot of folk jumping in without planning a space or setting up proper. a lot of the same issues crop up that were around pre-legal.

the folk i know involved pre-legal all have safer and better spaces than anyone i've seen who simply jumped in and bought a tent once the laws changed.

a majority of the new folk here start up with barely any idea of what will be required.

Agreed.. we’ve seen it play out across almost every facet of the industry. From lights and nutrients, to a glut of mid level cannabis and a proliferation of weak genetics.

The market will eventually shake off the losers, and the ones with real passion will come out better. It’s gonna be a bumpy ride though.

The market will eventually shake off the losers, and the ones with real passion will come out better. It’s gonna be a bumpy ride though.

i'm just super grateful i had a couple mentors locally before there was internet knowledge available. it's far easier now to get sorted than when i started.

Back
Top Bottom