Which Grow Light For The Price? Best Price For The Best Light

if we take the attitude china = cheap knock offs 100% of the time.
Guess its time to bin most of my electrical items as most components in them come from the far east.
No matter were there assembled.
Agreed a lot of cheap nasty lights out there but paying in some cases as much as a 3rd more.
For a light assembled in the west is not for me.Give me the cheapest option from a brand i trust.
And after owning a good few cheap as some say chinese lights not one has failed YET.
LEDs come with 100,000 / 50,000 hours before there meant to degrade and most never run full add a few more hours.
@Mars Hydro and @ViparSpectra have been great lights for me and my comments are about brands i have tried.
Not just read about as i said (I FEEL)there is little to nothing in it with newer lights.
100 watt plus good/cheap chinese light :) and your not be un happy IF you can grow bud.

Happy growing one and all ;)

I decided a long time ago that because I care about climate change [don't want anything shipped half way round the world], and local high street stores being destroyed by internet shopping, the state of the economy worldwide to name but a few reasons - I now buy from a shop so he can make a living and I have someone to deal with face-to-face
My man is like a family doctor and shits me not

I may pay slightly more on something like a light but he also gives me incredible deals on things I use constantly, like amendments, and it keeps a market at the end of my block. Same goes for the local hardware store and pharmacy.

The “savings” aren’t justified to me if it means abandoned store fronts, or worse, corporate chains. I’ve seen what happens when mom and pop get ran out and it’s horrific. Everyone suffers so I can blow the 20$ I saved on something stupid.

Plus, you have the knowledge that you’re providing for your local community, not someone halfway across the world.

mars is good when they actually ship what you buy.

they've been known to swap out components as the line gets older. they begin using cheaper drivers, different emitters, and lower bin emitters. you have to pay close attention to see if you got the spec you paid for. we've had members here order two of the the exact same lights, and they've arrived with different specs.
When was this? wasn't that maybe a case of an old and new model being shipped?

Huge Price difference between Ebay and on there Website ebay with discount 263€ on the Website you see

After I move some plants will do that. I do not blame HLG for this, just the store that sold it to me. Maybe they knew it was broken and sent it anyway... although it was in a new pack. And don't get me wrong, I love the 350R. But you know... things could go wrong in anyone's back yard.
So you have never seen "videos" of HLG lights falling apart from heat like you said. That's correct yeah?
Your going to film you own light falling apart when you move some plants yeah?
You also mention a dimmer on a YouTube video yeah??

Do you realise you are making no sense??
So your claim about viewing multiple videos of lights falling apart from heat is bullshit yeah?? 🤣

You're still talking a bunch of theoretical nonsense. Where's all the failed Chinese boards and strips? Where are the numbers? I have personally read more about issues with Timber and HLG than I have done with any of the Chinese brands?

You're free to pay extra for your favourite American brand but I can guarantee that you won't grow any better herb because of it. It's all about numbers and how many each manufacturer produce that decide what quality and bin they receive? You know patent laws mostly decide pricing of local US made products compared to a company based in China where each patent is free to use in their production? Not quality of the components used.
This thread is absolutely hilarious!! 🤣
So your trying to say the bin sorting of led diodes is theoretical nonsense and the diodes are the same quality and efficiency across all led lights and sometimes actually better in the cheaper Chinese lights!!
So everyone with a light from any of the reputable brands has over paid!
Strange when your saying the bining of diodes is theoretical nonsense!! 🤔
Contradiction once again!!

When was this? wasn't that maybe a case of an old and new model being shipped?

at least three over the last year here on the board. identical models, less than a yr old. mars also has issues with counterfeit, that wasn't the case though, i think all the purchases originated through the board.

Here is something to think about for all the Chinese light lovers out there.
And the bloke who said he should just throw all his Chinese made electronics in the bin!! Bit childish but anyway!! 🤣

So pretty much every electronic appliance is made in China. My house is full of them from fridge, TV, Dishwasher the list goes on. Chinese factories have specific build standards for the country that the product will be sold in. For example Australia where I live has ASNZS for all electronic equipment sold in Australia. The EU, US and all the others have these standards aswell. If a product is to be sold in these countries then the standards have to be met. These include wire thickness, solder strength, internal cord length, tourk settings for all screws and many others.

China has none of these standards!
Any light company that assembles lights in China like Mars, Spiderfarmer or any of the others that people seem to blindly sing the praises of like a few on this forum have no electronic standards required for the internal components of their lights.
They can use any gauge wire they like they can use any strength solder they like they don't have to tourke any screws to any NM setting. They basically do whatever they please because they have no standards to adhere to!!

So yes basically every electronic piece of equipment is made in China but they are definitely not all made to the same standard!!
Why do you think they flood every weed forum on earth with free give aways and massive sponsorship?
Reputable companies don't need to do this because their products speak for themselves!!
Bit of food for thought!! 🤔

I couldn't care less about HLG it's the fact you just outright lied about seeing videos of them falling apart from heat!!
I don't like lies and I'll call em out when I see them!!
Also try to understand that the only problem I have against HLG Led's is that I cannot buy one with normal price.
If money wasn't a problem I would have had 2 Scorpio Diablo x or z or the black one instead of Mars, or the AC Infinity bar, or even Mars with Samsung diodes. Before buying the first Mars I was desperate to get an Diablo. For that to happen I needed to pay @1800 euros. There were some discounts but I missed them all, on a web store in my country, and if I had money I would have gotten another HLG despite that mine has this problem, the dimming, witch doesn't bother me that much. I could have sent it back for repair or money back but it was the only HLG available for me so I decided to keep it like this. And I will send a vid, it's not that complicated but I'm lazy... and I don't really feel the need for someone else to validate if my words are lies.

And the bloke who said he should just throw all his Chinese made electronics in the bin!! Bit childish but anyway!! 🤣

So pretty much every electronic appliance is made in China. My house is full of them from fridge, TV, Dishwasher the list goes on. Chinese factories have specific build standards for the country that the product will be sold in. For example Australia where I live has ASNZS for all electronic equipment sold in Australia. The EU, US and all the others have these standards aswell. If a product is to be sold in these countries then the standards have to be met. These include wire thickness, solder strength, internal cord length, tourk settings for all screws and many others.

Any light company that assembles lights in China like Mars, Spiderfarmer or any of the others that people seem to blindly sing the praises of like a few on this forum have no electronic standards required for the internal components of their lights.
They can use any gauge wire they like they can use any strength solder they like they don't have to tourke any screws to any NM setting. They basically do whatever they please because they have no standards to adhere to!!

So yes basically every electronic piece of equipment is made in China but they are definitely not all made to the same standard!!
Why do you think they flood every weed forum on earth with free give aways and massive sponsorship?
Reputable companies don't need to do this because their products speak for themselves!!
How many chinese lights have you owned becuase to me you sound like someone who reads alot.
Coming from aus you dont have much of a choice anyway.i doubt you have ever owned one.
And if you have not your repeating what you have read.
Its 2023 now not the early 90s things have moved on.
Dont like the lights thats fine speaking from experience is also fine talking out your bottom is not.
And you have done a lot of that dude.
Anti china coming from AUS? or just issues?

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

How many chinese lights have you owned becuase to me you sound like someone who reads alot.
Coming from aus you dont have much of a choice anyway.i doubt you have ever owned one.
And if you have not your repeating what you have read.
Its 2023 now not the early 90s things have moved on.
Dont like the lights thats fine speaking from experience is also fine talking out your bottom is not.
And you have done a lot of that dude.
Anti china coming from AUS? or just issues?

Do you understand what electronic manufacturing standards are??

You know you're very contradicting in your reasonings? First you say that lights sold towards the US and EU market needs to follow safety regulations and the next sentence you say they have none of these regulations in place in China? If that's not contradicting yourself I don't know what is?

Products manufactured in China needs to be tested and approved for the EU and US market and needs to follow the same laws and regulations in the country they're being sold?

I still think you're just repeating what you've read without any real experience using any Chinese brands? Like I mentioned in earlier post it's the patent laws that's the sole reason Chinese brands are able to get their pricing down, not low build quality and components.

Back
Top Bottom