Which pH chart is true? For coco mainly

baxbax

In search of ph chart for coco I found different ph charts and both claim they are true just confused which is true ??

this ? P uptake best at above 5.8 , ca below 5.8 , mg above 5.8 ?
pH_chart7.jpg

Or this chart ?

hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

or ?

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-Cannabis-2.jpg

pHChart.jpg

these chart or has totally different ranges which is which ?

I had Iron deficiency and lowered ph of feed to 5.4 5.5 problem solved but now I have mobile P deficiency , It moves from older leaves and I keep my ph low (below 6.2) for best P uptake and hope I solve P def but thing don't change , by different charts I found I'm not sure which ph chart is way to go

That first chart has been called into question before - since it was put together by a forum member somewhere who may have done it in a hurry or smoked one too many that night. That one and the second one seem way oversimplified, but at best I guess these charts are rough guides.

The last one would be more accurate and I think comes from more 'official' sources - even though it makes things look more vague and less black and white than the first two.
Here I'll make it look more black and white.

In my experience 6.2 is too high to feed at in soilless. At least consistently.

There's no 'one' magic ph spot where everything clicks, and so there does need to be a range for the different elements to uptake properly.

But that doesn't mean we need to feed low one day and high the next- though that strategy can be useful once in a while too. .

Since in my experience the ph seems to always rise in the pot, the best way (IMO) to achieve that ph range is to feed low.
If I consistently feed at 6.2 I'm already off the scale for some nutrients and heading upwards.
If I feed low- I'm in a better position.
I generally feed around 5.6.

5.8 is considered that best possible spot where most elements are available. But that doesn't mean it's perfect.

I've feed lower and once ran one plant at 5.2. It was very happy. At the same time in that test i ran another clone of it at 6.2 and that one was very sad. To the point where I eventually threw it out since the 5.2 one was twice as big and four times as happy.

I never feed above 5.8 anymore. Possibly the occasional 5.9.
Anytime I get above 6 my plants get unhappy

In search of ph chart for coco I found different ph charts and both claim they are true just confused which is true ??

this ? P uptake best at above 5.8 , ca below 5.8 , mg above 5.8 ?
pH_chart7.jpg

Or this chart ?

hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

or ?

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-Cannabis-2.jpg

pHChart.jpg

these chart or has totally different ranges which is which ?
@bluter check this out !

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

i'm pretty sure this is the one i've been using. looks real close to the first one.
works ok for hempy. i feed / water right around 5.8, and get issues if i consistently stray.

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

i'm pretty sure this is the one i've been using. looks real close to the first one.
works ok for hempy. i feed / water right around 5.8, and get issues if i consistently stray.
I’ve had the same chart on my wall for three years now and have been using it ! I used the ph Perfect full line of connoisseur and it always started at 5.5 and drifted up to5.9-6.0 in 7-10 days. I use MegaCrop now I have to adjust and all these ph charts are crazy . I’m at the 5.8-5.9 and staying Static. Bluter thanks for your feed back .

That first chart has been called into question before - since it was put together by a forum member somewhere who may have done it in a hurry or smoked one too many that night. That one and the second one seem way oversimplified, but at best I guess these charts are rough guides.

The last one would be more accurate and I think comes from more 'official' sources - even though it makes things look more vague and less black and white than the first two.
Here I'll make it look more black and white.

In my experience 6.2 is too high to feed at in soilless. At least consistently.

There's no 'one' magic ph spot where everything clicks, and so there does need to be a range for the different elements to uptake properly.

But that doesn't mean we need to feed low one day and high the next- though that strategy can be useful once in a while too. .

Since in my experience the ph seems to always rise in the pot, the best way (IMO) to achieve that ph range is to feed low.
If I consistently feed at 6.2 I'm already off the scale for some nutrients and heading upwards.
If I feed low- I'm in a better position.
I generally feed around 5.6.

5.8 is considered that best possible spot where most elements are available. But that doesn't mean it's perfect.

I've feed lower and once ran one plant at 5.2. It was very happy. At the same time in that test i ran another clone of it at 6.2 and that one was very sad. To the point where I eventually threw it out since the 5.2 one was twice as big and four times as happy.

I never feed above 5.8 anymore. Possibly the occasional 5.9.
Anytime I get above 6 my plants get unhappy
looking at the PH/Nutrient chart it appeared to me that most of the flowering nutrients were more prevalent in the PH range between 4.5 - 5.0. Have you ever tested cannnabis at these low ranges before? Ive always just stuck to 5.8 - 5.9 with great results. you thoughts?

What are you growing in? Looks more like Promix than coco.
yeah hp pro mix with extra microkazie thingys .. gh ferts ph water down to 6 add nute s and feed plants daily

just did 1st flush gh flushing soln.. ran 5 gallons though..

ph of run off went from 4 to 5 on the drop scale tester .. at end of clean up flush

looking at the PH/Nutrient chart it appeared to me that most of the flowering nutrients were more prevalent in the PH range between 4.5 - 5.0. Have you ever tested cannnabis at these low ranges before? Ive always just stuck to 5.8 - 5.9 with great results. you thoughts?
When I ph for hydro/coco I usually go at 5.6. I haven’t tried an unbuffered medium any lower. Well except when I tried using milk as a calcium source as someone once recommended I do. . The milk turns to lactic acid as it sours and drops to about ph 4. The coco plants didn’t like that at all.

yeah hp pro mix with extra microkazie thingys .. gh ferts ph water down to 6 add nute s and feed plants daily

just did 1st flush gh flushing soln.. ran 5 gallons though..

ph of run off went from 4 to 5 on the drop scale tester .. at end of clean up flush

Yeah I’m growing in that stuff right now as well. It’s buffered with lime so it doesn’t care much what ph you feed with. I don’t bother checking my ph when using it. Coco is different and has no buffer.

have you yourself tested going lower that 5.6 ph?and how well were the results from going form 5.8 to 5.6 and just staying at 5.8
I haven't tried intentionally staying that low. It might dip below that between checks but rarely as I check and adjust every 12 hrs with a Bluelab Guardian. I feel the Bloom nutes absorb better around 5.6-5.8 and nitrogen more so around 6. I would say between 5.6 - 6.3 your generally "good" for an entire grow in hydro/coco. But I try to be better than good, alas it is a constant struggle.

Yeah I’m growing in that stuff right now as well. It’s buffered with lime so it doesn’t care much what ph you feed with. I don’t bother checking my ph when using it. Coco is different and has no buffer.

i do not recall reading on the bag the pro mix is buffered..

Back
Top Bottom