White Widow 1st Grow

Wow thos look great. i was wondering if you could tell me were you got your light and about how much they are. thanks and nice plants

Wow thos look great. i was wondering if you could tell me were you got your light and about how much they are. thanks and nice plants

One of the cheapest places you can buy a light is on ebay. The ballasts are definietly cheaper. For example, you can get a lumatek 600w dimmable multi-watt ballast for about $175 (inc. shipping) and a sun system reflector like a yield master II for like $100. Normal hydrostores would charge $300 for that ballast and $175 for that reflector. Bulbs typically run $25 - 100 depending on what bulbs you want. Last time I picked up a ushio 600w super hps and a ushio 600w super MH conversion bulb for $160 total including shipping from a regular hydro store. I wouldn't buy bulbs off ebay since it's too easy to sell used or counterfeit bulbs.

BTW, you should also get a 4" or 6" inline fan. Hydro stores start at $125 for a 4" and go up from there. On ebay one can buy a 4" fan for approx $80 used and a 6" for $100 used.

Hey bro how you recognize the females? :hmmmm:

:peace:

about 10 days into flowering, clusters of balls or little cones will apear at the inersection of stems and branches. If these look like little striped balls, then it's a male. If the clusters look like little cones with a squiggly white hair coming out of the top, then it's a female. Please see below:

male_female_cannabis1.jpg

The 2 large green spikes on the main stems of both plants are stipules. Those are not related to sex. Both plants have them.

RageMonkey I appreciate your answer thank you, but here is my plant it's Day 25 on Veg stage , light is 24h. /CFL ,and it's already show up some signs !

White Widow 1st Grow

That's why I ask "Turd Ferguson" ,about his girls and the signs of "sex" ? :dreamy:

:nicethread: :popcorn:

:peace:

Something is not right there. Either you have a hermie or you must have put the plants through a dark period.

I got all my grow stuff from horticulturesource.com, the light setup cost about $300, and the light is a sungro 400w bulb that was like $40. The thing pumps out light for sure

I started noticing sex on my plants after the 6th set of leaves appeared. You'll notice the balls hanging off the stem where the leaf joins it. I was checking every day and monitored the plants for a week after I had had noticed the signs. After that week it was evident which plants were male and which were females, since the hairs on the females were very prevelant. I have been on 12/12 light for a week now and the gals are taking off, I averaged about 9 inches of growth in one week. I haven't really seen any bud formation, but I'm only a week into it, I'll post pics when something pops up.

OK so here's an update.......it's been two weeks since I started flowering my plants. Since changing the lights the girls have grown between 15-20 inches, and are starting to show bud formation. Two of them are growing taller and skinnier with buds forming along the stalk. The other is staying a bit bushier and not developing as quickly, but we'll see how things go with that. The past few days have shown a lot more bud development and things seem to be going well. I water every other day with a cocktail of big grow, and tiger bloom, I might cut out the big grow now and just focus on the big bloom. I'm actually surprised how easy this is turning out to be, on my next grow I should be a lot more prepared (for growing BLUEBERRY!!!).

So here are the pics:

This is the one that has shown the most buds so far
020609-1.jpg

Homer is getting dwarfed
020609-3.jpg

Another closeup
200609-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom