Y’all have suggestions for a heater: Indoor grow

Niconicotx

I’ve gone a long time without a heater and I’m getting closer to transition. was wondering what would be the ideal heater for my indoor tent. 96x48x78 are the dimensions.

I’ve gone a long time without a heater and I’m getting closer to transition. was wondering what would be the ideal heater for my indoor tent. 96x48x78 are the dimensions.
Funny how most of us are trying to get rid of heat this time of the year. Depends where you live though. A small ceramic heater will work fine for you , and be quite safe if sat on a non combustible surface. Good luck with your grow.

Funny how most of us are trying to get rid of heat this time of the year. Depends where you live though. A small ceramic heater will work fine for you , and be quite safe if sat on a non combustible surface. Good luck with your grow.

My ac blows all day at 67 (tent is right by the vent) I’m in Texas. I feel like it should be a tad bit warmer inside. I know my tempts aren’t near 75/80. tryna maximize the potential; Thank you, growbro.

what is the ambient temp in the tent ?

if the house is comfortable with ac then adding heat is counter intuitive. cannabis grows in the range of 65 - 80 degrees. you are at the lower end of that scale, but not in the danger zone. if your rh is in the proper range you should be good. best thing would be to move the tent, or close that vent if you are not dependent on it.

cannabis has a tendency to get slightly more potent towards the cooler side during flower.

i grow in cold conditions and use a small electric shop heater with thermostat control in winter. make sure to get one with a thermostat, most space heaters don't have one, and will slowly cook the plants closest to the heater.

My ac blows all day at 67 (tent is right by the vent) I’m in Texas. I feel like it should be a tad bit warmer inside. I know my tempts aren’t near 75/80. tryna maximize the potential; Thank you, growbro.
Maybe you can direct the cool air away from the tent using a piece of plywood or something similar.
:passitleft:

Turn the AC up? Turn the vent fan down?

Running a heater and Central air is a waste of resources.
My vent fan is at its lowest. There’s a bit of a chill inside.... I have like a plant or two that are growing slower than the rest. I want to blame it on the tempts.... no... I’m blaming tempts. Lol I’ll snap a pic for y’all. Give me a few, I’m pulling up now.

what is the ambient temp in the tent ?

if the house is comfortable with ac then adding heat is counter intuitive. cannabis grows in the range of 65 - 80 degrees. you are at the lower end of that scale, but not in the danger zone. if your rh is in the proper range you should be good. best thing would be to move the tent, or close that vent if you are not dependent on it.

cannabis has a tendency to get slightly more potent towards the cooler side during flower.

i grow in cold conditions and use a small electric shop heater with thermostat control in winter. make sure to get one with a thermostat, most space heaters don't have one, and will slowly cook the plants closest to the heater.
Grow brother, I can not move my tent. Lol I just can’t. Space is limited and where I have the tent—-I really don’t want it there. My girlfriends annoying stoner cat is always trying to claw his way inside. I have to be able to see the tent from my bedroom at all cost.

Seee!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 119
Zam! I already bought a mini ceramic heater.
The ceramic heater is safe and most don't blow a lot of air so just point it at the cold side of the tent and let the heat circulate from there. Although I think the heating pad is a great idea, the roots at a stable temp, not to hot not to cold, goes a long way to a successful grow.

Ooooh I like that idea. By giant would it be able to cover my entire floor and is it water resistant?
Yes, they are totally water sealed and don't use much electricity. I use 2x of them (48x21") in my winter 4x4 in a 50F space...keeps the plants at an apparent 75F

The ceramic heater is safe and most don't blow a lot of air so just point it at the cold side of the tent and let the heat circulate from there. Although I think the heating pad is a great idea, the roots at a stable temp, not to hot not to cold, goes a long way to a successful grow.
Safer is better than being sorry. Your idea was very effective. The girls are basically giving praise to ganja god. God job, grow brother. Thank you a million times! Super effective. Gonna order another oscillating fan just to be on the safe side so I don’t get any heat build up. I’ve never seen all my plants so satisfied at once.

Back
Top Bottom