Yellow Leaf Tips?

Slipdog01

Got a question on my leaf tips on my one plant turning yellow.

Auto Flower, Started on March 4 and come out of the dirt on March 6.
My PH level is 6.8.
No tap water, Rain Water from a Barrel.
My temp inside tent is 79 to 80F and that is usual.
two fans running.
Do feed it with Dr. Jimz Chicken soup. Average 3 cups per week during full 24hr light.
I do not believe I have over medicated the plants.

This is the full view of the plant I am speaking of. We call it the runt for it has had a rough time.

Just an extra photo there.

That is a full view. I am only having an issue with the on plant on the yellow tips.
Runt is showing good bud formation. Health as an ox as you can see, except the yellow tips.

Got a question on my leaf tips on my one plant turning yellow.

Auto Flower, Started on March 4 and come out of the dirt on March 6.
My PH level is 6.8.
No tap water, Rain Water from a Barrel.
My temp inside tent is 79 to 80F and that is usual.
two fans running.
Do feed it with Dr. Jimz Chicken soup. Average 3 cups per week during full 24hr light.
I do not believe I have over medicated the plants.

This is the full view of the plant I am speaking of. We call it the runt for it has had a rough time.

Just an extra photo there.

That is a full view. I am only having an issue with the on plant on the yellow tips.
Runt is showing good bud formation. Health as an ox as you can see, except the yellow tips.
Good morning @Slipdog01 beautiful garden my friend, sorry about that lady.
If you treat her the same as the others and they are fine then I think it might be a root issue.
If the heat , light and nutrients aren't effecting the others then there is something different about her, other than strain.
A root issue would explain the problem.
Did anything happen to her that could be effecting the roots?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

I just put them all thru the "nutrient flush" with untreated water (rain barrel water) which I showed the PH as 6.8 as I posted.

This lady had an issue from day 3, but has survived it all. This is the one that bent over in the cube. I "retransplanted" and she has done fine, and the only with tips as suck. Flower on the runt is starting to smell like that skunk on road. I will just let it run its course then.

There is definitely something going on. The first thing I noticed was the extreme upward and then over curling of the tips of the fingers on the leaves near the top of the buds. If it was just on the tall bud stem then it might be related to heat from the lights, maybe.

But, it looks like it is on the tops of many of the buds and not just the ones closest to the lights.

There is definitely something going on. The first thing I noticed was the extreme upward and then over curling of the tips of the fingers on the leaves near the top of the buds. If it was just on the tall bud stem then it might be related to heat from the lights, maybe.

But, it looks like it is on the tops of many of the buds and not just the ones closest to the lights.
Yes it's everywhere but not on anyone else.
So not environmental .
Food is the same so doesn't seem like nutrition.
Pests or roots ?
Kelp, b1, superthrive , Roots Excelerator Gold , DYNOMYCO anything like that to help the roots might be beneficial?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

I am taking advice yes. After you mentioned the Light and heat, I didmake an adjustment to the height the top of the tent. I was 12 to 16 above, now I am a full 22 inches. Then I am going to look for some root health. This baby is not going to loose. Its been a better fighter than I thought to survive.

What is your light schedule and the intensity of your light?

Temp. and humidity
also, please.

I see light burn and heat stress, possibly.
I know it is one plant/strain, but remember all strains grow differently.
Are they all the same strain?

edit: Are the leaves dry and brittle?
Are the leaves dry and brittle? No
Are they all the same strain? No, each is a different strain
Temp. and humidity? Temp is around 75 to 79F
Light schedule and the intensity? I may be at fault. I am mostly still on a 24 hr full spectrum. As I stated, it has the Scent in the workings. The girls are close to 8 weeks now so not much longer. They are auto-flower and this is my first grow after my issues with the state for those years..
That is 22-23 inches above the plants

I did find a link on that Emilya: Potassium Defiency

Also I found this from Herbies: Leaf Curling in Cannabis
Pests or roots. :thumb:
I'm betting roots as the others show no signs of pests.
Mites would have been throughout the garden by now if it were them.
They are not picky they eat all plants not just one.
Root rot or other root damage possibly causing the issue?
Can you look in her pot to see if the are nice white healthy roots?

Stay safe
Bill

Pests or roots. :thumb:
I'm betting roots as the others show no signs of pests.
Mites would have been throughout the garden by now if it were them.
They are not picky they eat all plants not just one.
Root rot or other root damage possibly causing the issue?
Can you look in her pot to see if the are nice white healthy roots?

Stay safe
Bill
I was going to ask you that on possible root rot. I was reading on Herbies about Transplant. I wanted to ask you on that. Do you think it will survive. 2. If i find rotted roots can I cut them out? rootbound-cannabis

I was going to ask you that on possible root rot. I was reading on Herbies about Transplant. I wanted to ask you on that. Do you think it will survive. 2. If i find rotted roots can I cut them out? rootbound-cannabis
First let's just check the roots before we can make a determination on viability of her.
Have a peak and get a couple pics if you can.
Then let's decide from there what is best.
Who knows could be root bound and just need an uppot.

Stay safe
Bill

First let's just check the roots before we can make a determination on viability of her.
Have a peak and get a couple pics if you can.
Then let's decide from there what is best.
Who knows could be root bound and just need an uppot.

Stay safe
Bill

I got her out of the Pot Bill.
Roots look pretty good, unless you tell me about the white hanging.
I went ahead and re-tansplanted with clean medium. Watered and going back inside the tent. Clean water not treated.

What is your light schedule and the intensity of your light?

Temp. and humidity also, please.

I see light burn and heat stress, possibly.
I know it is one plant/strain, but remember all strains grow differently.
Are they all the same strain?

edit: Are the leaves dry and brittle?
What do you think on the times for the light cycle.

How strong is your light? watts?

I think most growers use 18/6 or 20/4, but we have one grower that swears by 12/12 with great results, but I don't know anyone else running 24 hours on, for auto's in flower.

We have a lot of excellent auto growers, check out some of their journals.

I grow feminized and currently doing some research on light manipulation, and for fem's a dark period is vital to development in flower.

Back
Top Bottom