Yellow tips no nutes during watering

Do you think the rep was concerned because my light was on 23 hours a day and that's why the rep said to bring it down an hour or two a night? Maybe they just thought going from 23/1 to 12/12 was too much. I will be doing 18/6 for any other grow I do from here out.
Who knows, but my understanding is that stress that produces hermies is something to be concerned about in flower and you haven't even flipped them. In flower is where you want to pay attention to light, and light leaks during the dark period.

Veg is much more forgiving for a photo plant.

extra light helps but something like that doesn't sound worth the trouble.
The ones I'm talking about they're actually pretty decent. I know Amazon has some lights there that look like sticks and there's like three of them on a pole. I would never get anything like that because they're silly.

But the ones that are $38 look decent.
I would buy like six or seven of them. Just to get them at a few different angles.

But by the time I buy that many of my maysville just buy another light like I have and create two rooms.

I'm definitely going Auto next time.

Who knows, but my understanding is that stress that produces hermies is something to be concerned about in flower and you haven't even flipped them. In flower is where you want to pay attention to light, and light leaks during the dark period.

Veg is much more forgiving for a photo plant.
You know I've been taking pictures of where the flowers start to grow and it looks to me like what's in between there is the explanation of a female plant. like 2 pistuls.

That's a close-up of one of my plants.

It actually has more growth than the others in that specific area. But it isn't the biggest one.

20231005_231440.jpg

I'm definitely going Auto next time.

if your having trouble with photos there's no way you could get through an auto run successful. photos are insanely easy compared to most autos.

first thing is to learn the plant. you kinda skipped ahead into doing weird shit.

you just need to get a regular run or two under your belt and you'll be fine. you're sort of flailing about right now. learn the basics first, we can help with that.

Regarding lighting, have a look at some of the smaller ~100$ lights from the site sponsors. (Vivosun, ViparSpectra, Mars...) Each one usually covers a 2x2 area, if you want to cover a larger area they have models suitable for other sizes as well or you buy a few of them. I'm not even trying to upsell, just you'll find plenty of people using them around here and can see how they perform whereas I feel like it's a bit of a gamble going with random lights that may or may not provide the results you're looking for.

I am wigged out a bit from my large plant. IT was droopy when I got home last night so I picked it up and it was really light. I watered it with 2 and a half gallons. It perked up in the AM. With no changes at all, I get home tonight and the plant is drooping again. I wanted to defoliate it when I got home before the light turns off for the night at 12:15.
Now that its drooping again and this time instead of the bucket being light its still heavy but it has no water in the run off tray. I soaked most of the run off out but I did that before.

Now im worried to defoliate it at all if its drooping like that.

Could it be that it still needs more water? And if it is too much water I gave it... how? It was pretty much dry. The bucket was ultra light.
Could it possibly be that the soil needs to be aerated?
Or a transplant into an 8 gallon felt container?

I'm a bit taken back that this plant decided to start drooping.

My lights are going back but it was fine once the light came on this morning and I am 19 and 5 right now. I will be 18/6 tomorrow and will probably cut it to 12/12 after I figure this out.

That plant had no issues while the others had small issues. Now they seem to be doing fine and this plant is drooping.

My issue with all the advice from people is they just tell you what they think. Not what they know.
I dont mean here. So far nobody has given me bad advice here.

That back plant is so much larger than the others it makes me wonder if I need to transplant it into an 8 gallon felt pot.

20231006_234115.jpg

I am wigged out a bit from my large plant. IT was droopy when I got home last night so I picked it up and it was really light. I watered it with 2 and a half gallons. It perked up in the AM. With no changes at all, I get home tonight and the plant is drooping again. I wanted to defoliate it when I got home before the light turns off for the night at 12:15.
Now that its drooping again and this time instead of the bucket being light its still heavy but it has no water in the run off tray. I soaked most of the run off out but I did that before.

Now im worried to defoliate it at all if its drooping like that.

Could it be that it still needs more water? And if it is too much water I gave it... how? It was pretty much dry. The bucket was ultra light.
Could it possibly be that the soil needs to be aerated?
Or a transplant into an 8 gallon felt container?

I'm a bit taken back that this plant decided to start drooping.

My lights are going back but it was fine once the light came on this morning and I am 19 and 5 right now. I will be 18/6 tomorrow and will probably cut it to 12/12 after I figure this out.

That plant had no issues while the others had small issues. Now they seem to be doing fine and this plant is drooping.

My issue with all the advice from people is they just tell you what they think. Not what they know.
I dont mean here. So far nobody has given me bad advice here.

That back plant is so much larger than the others it makes me wonder if I need to transplant it into an 8 gallon felt pot.

20231006_234115.jpg
So your on other forums asking the same questions?

So your on other forums asking the same questions?
No, im asking a friend. Who grows weed. But, I asked these questions before I came here.

I am on no forums but this one because Its too much to keep up with and most forums just have smart a## people so I stay away from them. I signed up here because I read the forum first and didnt see that. I dont like the internet attitude for the most part. I dont see it here.

What is strange is... I put 2 and a half gallons of water in that plant last night because it was so light weight and i would say not much came out of the drip tray. Maybe a cup? Edit(*I say a cup but I mean about 25 ounces) Total. And the soil is still moist at the top though its not as moist as I thought it would be after all that water.

Could it be that It still needs more water? I also have like 8 - 3/8 inch holes I drilled in these buckets. 4 in the bottom directly and 4 about one inch up from the bottom.

I'm baffled as to how this plant can hold 2 and a half gallons of water with Pro mix and only maybe 25 ounces of run off?

The strangest thing, I looked at the plants right before I went to work at 6pm and when I got back at 11pm they were drooping. They were fine when I left. Praying away. Just like all day. Then I come back to this.

If you are unsure of your watering practices you should come check out #SIP Club for your next grow. Perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.

But, if you are droopy and the pot still feels water heavy then there's something else going on that you should try to fix before flipping.

You say the pot still feels heavy. Is the surface dry to the touch though? If so, you may have messed up the root structure from previous watering practices. It's possible that your lower roots are compromised and it's getting its moisture mostly from the top feeder roots.

It's not uncommon for the plants to droop right after watering as the oxygen is driven from the medium, but if they perk up shortly after you're likely fine.

So, tell us how you've been watering them since they popped. Stuff like how much you give them, how often, are you on a watering schedule, how to do you tell it's time to water, etc.

The strangest thing, I looked at the plants right before I went to work at 6pm and when I got back at 11pm they were drooping. They were fine when I left. Praying away. Just like all day. Then I come back to this.

plants will droop at day end if they have enough light. there comes a point they can't use anymore, so they'll shut down as if in a dark period. cannabis requires a dark period.

go read up on DLI. that's partly what you're experiencing.

plants will droop at day end if they have enough light. there comes a point they can't use anymore, so they'll shut down as if in a dark period. cannabis requires a dark period.

go read up on DLI. that's partly what you're experiencing.
Thanks
Was a false alarm. Wow. Man, when I (wrongly) had these plants on 23/1 I never saw droop. But I woke up about 10 minutes ago and they were all perfect.
So last night the droop was just end of day stuff, like you said.

My light is now 18/6 and in 2 or 3 days after I figure out what I can defoliate and what I cant (this scares the hell out of me because its so counterintuitive to you know, growth.

If you are unsure of your watering practices you should come check out #SIP Club for your next grow. Perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.

But, if you are droopy and the pot still feels water heavy then there's something else going on that you should try to fix before flipping.

You say the pot still feels heavy. Is the surface dry to the touch though? If so, you may have messed up the root structure from previous watering practices. It's possible that your lower roots are compromised and it's getting its moisture mostly from the top feeder roots.

It's not uncommon for the plants to droop right after watering as the oxygen is driven from the medium, but if they perk up shortly after you're likely fine.

So, tell us how you've been watering them since they popped. Stuff like how much you give them, how often, are you on a watering schedule, how to do you tell it's time to water, etc.

I have an issue of probably giving too much information. So, I will always put Bold type in exactly what you asked for and the rest is just my reasoning and process of transplanting so you know what happened with them.
The truth is, I didnt even know my buddy planted them until they were seedlings. He wasnt telling me until he had something. Once he did, he just said, "These are yours" and I had never even considered growing. But now here I am invested and I will learn this process the first time if I have to read the entire internet. So in a way, this was foisted upon me. But its all good. I'm glad he did that. I didnt need more stress at the time he was germinating them.

I was soaking them when they were in smaller containers. I mean just dumping water in them until I saw it run out the bottom. My buddy told me not to do that because of root rot and I just said, "How is a plant in a planter this small (a quart container) going to get root rot when it should grow so fast we will need to transplant it?"
I also at that point had read I needed to water the seedlings very well. Like dont let it dry out. I watered them every day until water was coming out of the bottom. They were watered that way every day until they were transplanted into their larger containers. They always looked great so I kept doing it.

I watered them that way from a seedling which was about august 29th to about sept 11th... when I transplanted them to larger pots.

Transplants went really smooth and they had really nice roots when they came out of that green long container. (There were three plants in that long green container separated by cardboard that was an after thought of mine because my buddy planted them all in that green pot and after a few days I realized if we try to transplant them the roots will be all tied together so I took a knife and slit through the soil and stuck cardboard between them. It mad transplanting them one by one much easier.
The first photo you can see the carboard(that is when two other plants were in that container).
Then in the last photo you can see we still had one in the green long planter. THAT is the retard plant. I didnt want to transplant it so soon after I had slung it across my floor walking in the door so I left it in that pot until it seemed steady. It got yellow leaves as its second set of leaves. But it recovered. Then I transplanted it into the felt pot its in now.

From Sept 11th to about a week or so ago I was just giving them 30 oz x 6 (180 ounces) each plant every other day.
Then I realized the felts were drying faster so I moved it to 3x 30 oz every day for a few days just on the felts and kept the others at 180 ounces every other day. Then about a week ago I contacted this forum and that is when I learned about letting the medium dry completely before watering.

I must say all of that had them seemingly healthy until the yellow tips. I had run off on the large buckets but the bottom of the felt pots would just get wet but not leak any run off.

As far as telling how much to water them, I make sure the buckets have good run off. Once a gallon of water created overflow run off where it would have went over the drip tray and once 2 and a half gallons only left about a half inch of water in the drip tray. I sop up the water in the trays once it gets too high after about a an hour or so. Then I just check them for wet soil.

I have a PH tester and soil meter coming in today.

What I worry about is... my buddy planted them in some miracle grow crap that was left here by the person I bought this house from in June. Who knows what was in it. But it produced plants. That is when I determined if we were going to do this I was not putting those plants in that soil because it was clumpy and clearly turned to mud when it got wet. We purchased pro mix and used that to transplant them. The first time I watered them I really soaked them. They were outside in those pots at first so every day they got watered until water ran out the bottom all over my front porch until we brought them inside.

We were moving those pots around my yard at different times of the day because my back yard gets very little sun and my front yard the sun is blocked by my neighbors huge tree. But there are areas to make sure they have sun all day. They just had to be moved like 4 times a day to keep direct sun on them.

20230911_113500.jpg

20230911_113551.jpg

20230911_143602.jpg

20230912_173936.jpg

after I figure out what I can defoliate and what I cant (this scares the hell out of me because its so counterintuitive to you know, growth.
Try starting easy. Thin out the interior a bit to allow better air flow so you don't get mold problems later in flower, and take the small side branches below the canopy that won't make it up to the top. They'll just suck resources away from the main colas. If you don't, you end up with little popcorn buds that are a pain to trim.

Go easy on this round but pay attention to how they bounce back and you'll have more confidence next round.

I have an issue of probably giving too much information. So, I will always put Bold type in exactly what you asked for and the rest is just my reasoning and process of transplanting so you know what happened with them.
The truth is, I didnt even know my buddy planted them until they were seedlings. He wasnt telling me until he had something. Once he did, he just said, "These are yours" and I had never even considered growing. But now here I am invested and I will learn this process the first time if I have to read the entire internet. So in a way, this was foisted upon me. But its all good. I'm glad he did that. I didnt need more stress at the time.

I was soaking them when they were in smaller containers. I mean just dumping water in them until I saw it run out the bottom. My buddy told me not to do that because of root rot and I just said, "How is a plant in a planter this small (a quart container) going to get root rot when it should grow so fast we will need to transplant it?"
I also at that point had read I needed to water the seedlings very well. Like dont let it dry out. I watered them every day until water was coming out of the bottom. They were watered that way every day until they were transplanted into their larger containers. They always looked great so I kept doing it.

I watered them that way from a seedling which was about august 29th to about sept 11th... when I transplanted them to larger pots.

Transplants went really smooth and they had really nice roots when they came out of that green long container. (There were three plants in that long green container separated by cardboard that was an after thought of mine because my buddy planted them all in that green pot and after a few days I realized if we try to transplant them the roots will be all tied together so I took a knife and slit through the soil and stuck cardboard between them. It mad transplanting them one by one much easier.
The first photo you can see the carboard(that is when two other plants were in that container).
Then in the last photo you can see we still had one in the green long planter. THAT is the retard plant. I didnt want to transplant it so soon after I had slung it across my floor walking in the door so I left it in that pot until it seemed steady. It got yellow leaves as its second set of leaves. But it recovered. Then I transplanted it into the felt pot its in now.

From Sept 11th to about a week or so ago I was just giving them 30 oz x 6 (180 ounces) each plant every other day.
Then I realized the felts were drying faster so I moved it to 3x 30 oz every day for a few days and then about a week ago I contacted this forum and that is when I learned about letting the medium dry completely before watering.

I must say all of that had them seemingly healthy until the yellow tips. I had run off on the large buckets but the bottom of the felt pots would just get wet but not leak any run off.

20230911_113500.jpg

20230911_113551.jpg

20230911_143602.jpg

20230912_173936.jpg
They look amazingly good for that watering practice :thumb: . Unless you're growing in coco you'll want to let them dry out between waterings in veg to help build the roots. Once in flower that game changes to giving them what they want.

If the plants still look good later today even though the pot still feels heavy you may very well have seen them just after they had had their fill of light as @bluter suggested.

If not, it's likely a root issue, and that's one you would want to correct before flower.

If not, it's likely a root issue, and that's one you would want to correct before flower.
It has definitely gotten way better. I think I will go try to find a video. I want them in flower mode within a few days.

I read that a 5 gallon bucket is good for any single plant growth. Especially indoors. Not on this forum. It was in an article about what size to plant your plants in.

My plant is not 42... But it could be by the end of it.

This person in the article states that a 5 gallon bucket is larger than 5 gallons by a bit and is good for any single plant being grown indoors. That if you go outdoors you may need a larger one.

If I can post the link I will but I dont know if that is a rule or not here.
But here was the chart in the article. Leafly is the site name. The article is something like how and when to transplant.
I started looking into it last night during the droop.

Is this true or is this just a general rule that sometimes isn't accurate?

Plant height (inches)Pot size
0-6″4-inch (16 oz.)
6-12″1-gallon
12-24″3-gallon
24-42″5-gallon
42-60″10-gallon
60-84″20-gallon

It has definitely gotten way better. I think I will go try to find a video. I want them in flower mode within a few days.

I read that a 5 gallon bucket is good for any single plant growth. Especially indoors. Not on this forum. It was in an article about what size to plant your plants in.

My plant is not 42... But it could be by the end of it.

This person in the article states that a 5 gallon bucket is larger than 5 gallons by a bit and is good for any single plant being grown indoors. That if you go outdoors you may need a larger one.

If I can post the link I will but I dont know if that is a rule or not here.
But here was the chart in the article. Leafly is the site name. The article is something like how and when to transplant.
I started looking into it last night during the droop.

Is this true or is this just a general rule that sometimes isn't accurate?

Plant height (inches)Pot size
0-6″4-inch (16 oz.)
6-12″1-gallon
12-24″3-gallon
24-42″5-gallon
42-60″10-gallon
60-84″20-gallon
I'd say that chart is a decent 'rule of thumb.' But that all depends on your grow space and how long you let them veg for. @Buds Buddy grows in 5 gallon bucket SIPs with I think a 6 week veg and routinely pulls a pound off his plants.

I flower in 2 gallon bucket SIPs because I'm space challenged so that's what works for me.

Probably also depends on the type of container as cloth works differently from hard plastic sides which work differently from hard plastic but with aeration holes up and down the container like with Airpots.

if your having trouble with photos there's no way you could get through an auto run successful. photos are insanely easy compared to most autos.

first thing is to learn the plant. you kinda skipped ahead into doing weird shit.

you just need to get a regular run or two under your belt and you'll be fine. you're sort of flailing about right now. learn the basics first, we can help with that.
Yes I did some weird shit. Based on a friend who is a nurse who her and her mom has had multiple plants(of various types) all over her house on almost every single wall and her plants this year turned out incredible. Her outdoor plants grew to over 7 foot and the colas were very nice and full.

I dont think I'm having troubles. Just figuring it out as I go because this was foisted on me. I'm just sharing my thoughts and bouncing ideas off you guys who have experience with this because I have none and I dont want an issue to grow to greatly before I realize the fix and its too late.

I actually figured out the Yellow tips problem today. Its PH in the soil that has been too high since i started growing the plants. And in my belief, it didnt affect the plants until in those felt pots I wasnt getting any run off, the roots hit the bottom and all the under watering I was doing was pushing the nutrients down to the bottom making the bottom and sides of the felt pot wet but they weren't flushing out.

I believe I need to get my PH issue under control. Its straight alkaline. SOIL. I have yet to test the run off and because yet again Amazon sent me some unit someone sent back to them I will have to wait till another comes in. I wont use someone's return.

I should have known when the box had no plastic around it. But I just wanted to check my plants.

Well, one thing I learned is... you can grow some pretty good looking plants with high alkaline PH levels as long as the soil is alkaline and not too acidic. My water is 7.68.(not run off) Maybe not ideal, but it works. Basically, it wont be the reason your plants dry up and wither away. Maybe hard water could do that. But not obviously not alkaline water.

What my latest concern is, I am about to flip the times. So now I wrestle with... do I get my waters PH right before I flip the switch or just flip it and then get the PH right.

Break from typing from phone call I got while typing this....

Found out in the phone call a huge job just came in so I flipped the switch to 8am to 8pm. I wont even be home anymore to see them in the light. I will be rebuilding someone's house and running a shop at the same time. Fun.

so now the PH will have to do.

My plant just got yellow tips. Only the one that is Sativa dominant. The other plants are fine.

I just cut my light back from 23/1 to 20/4 for one night and then 16/8 after speaking to Humboldt seed company.
You probably got your answers already but I'll post anyway.
Just because your other plants don't have yellow tips doesn't mean you don't have to do something different with the one that does. The nutes are not strong enough for the plant with the yellow tips or it's the start of an "N" def.
Not sure why you're changing your light schedule so much. I doubt if 1 hour of recovery time helped much. I always run 18/6 all through Veg.

I only added Dr Earth when the plant was transplanted from a seedling and I was about to flush on next watering and then add some Dr Earth Bloom. All Organic.
I'm not an organic grower so I'm not sure on the rules for flushing with organic grows. @Emilya Green would know your best route as far as that goes. But I use FFOF from seed to harvest & never flush unless I get a toxicity. I also do not pH my nutes when growing in soil anymore. The dolomite lime in it keeps the pH in check pretty good on it's own.

I also just topped TWO locations on this plant yesterday. Would that cause all of that?
Topping will not cause any damage. Just slows growth down a few days while it recovers.

Thanks,.
I just noticed both of the plants that are being grown in the felt pots have the yellow tips. VERY little. But the plastic 5 gallon buckets do not have the yellow tips. And for sure the two in the felt pots are vastly different strains than each other. One is Indica dominant and the other sativa dominant. Could it be not enough water? Even though they are pretty weighty and the bottom of the felt is damp.

I'm being paranoid possibly?

Edit --I may need to water them again. I keep forgetting those felt pots need more watering.

When I was watering the felt pots I was watering them until the pot was heavy and moistness could be felt at the bottom.
IT was about 5-6 30 ounce containers full of water.
I was told by someone in this forum if I dont have run off on the felt pots then I am not watering them enough.
I questioned that because I dont believe those pots are going to allow for something like that so easily unless I go way over the 25-33% medium for watering. And I'm still not sure that felt pot will leak until water is flowing over the top from being water logged.

But again, Im new to this and especially these felt pots. So I am wondering how much water would you use for a 5 gallon felt pot and how often? As a general rule?
Yes, water a cloth pot till you get about 10% run off. But don't water again until you see your leaves starting to droop from needing more water. Leaves will sometimes droop after being watered for a short time. Then they will perk up. When you see them start to droop after that is when you should water again. Too much water will cause root problems & cause slow growth. Roots need the soil to dry out to get oxygen.

Since I am going to start them flowering within 4 or 5 days would it be better to use the Dr Earth bloom now? It has different stuff in it than the Dr Earth Veg.

I Just checked the bottom of my felt pots after just putting about 90 ounces of water in them today and they are wet on bottom for the first time. Maybe that will get some nutes down lower. The speed at which one plant outgrew 2 and a half gallons of soil and how big the root ball was, maybe they are outgrowing those 5 gallon felts.
I doubt they are outgrowing the 5 gal. pots if you're in a tent. I've had plants grow to the roof of my tents in 5 gal. pots.

I hope they dont turn into Hermies. I was told by Humbolt if you turn the light back from 23/1 to 18/6 it could turn them into Herms.
Never heard that before.... lol. Sounds ridiculous to me. I guess I'll skip getting advice from Humboldt.
Check out some blogs on the Royal Queen Seeds website. Pretty good info there.

Here are some of the leaves. But, this is two different plants. One is in a 5 gallon plastic and the other is in a felt pot.
The 5g plastic bucket has run off when I water but the felt pots seem to get wet at the bottom but dont let the water run out. So I have chalked that up to it cant be nutes sitting at the bottom of the felt pots because its now happening to a 5g white plastic bucket.

I made this second post to show the leaves on the front two plants.

Call me paranoid after spending all this time and effort and money to do this and one mistake could destroy it all.

But what bothers me a bit is I told Humboldt seed that I took my plants from the outdoors to indoors after 2 weeks outside when I realized the sun was at 12 hours 36 minutes of light a day and immediately put them under 23/1 light and they seemed to flourish(would this not be the time to warn me of herms for fast light changes confusing the plant from stress? probably oversight because I said they seemed to do better under the 23/1 light) The person I was corresponding with (who was definitely responding fast. Which was appreciated.) didnt tell me that was bad then. It was when I said I was cutting the light back for flowering because I'm going to run out of room if they double in size is when this person told me that I could get herms if i dont cut back like one hour a night until I get to 12/12. That puts me at flowering stage in, well, 10 days from where i started.
So I cranked the light back up to 22/2 after ONE day at 18/6 and the day before that it was 22/2 and the day before that it was 23/1.
Now I will cut it back like Humboldt said one hour each night until I get to 12/12.
To this point there is no sign of male.

20231005_090512.jpg

20231005_090530.jpg
I'd advise to quit messing with your light schedule or you will cause Hermies ! 18/6 for Veg & 12/12 for flower on photo period plants. 24/0 is for Auto's. You're confusing the hell out of your plants & they don't know which way to go. You're trying too hard & it's causing you problems. I pretty much feed my plants & ignore them till they need fed again. Sometimes less is better. It's easy to overdo things.

Then speaking to Humboldt seed co I asked them a few questions about times, told them everything I'd done to that point as far as bringing them in because the daylight was about to go under 12 within a few days outside. They were planted way late.
I think I'd ignore just about everything they told you. Sounds like you're getting answers from someone who just started there & only sells seeds & never grew a plant in their life.

Strains are Blueberry Pancakes.
Pistachio and cookie dough
I made the decision to light it up for 23/1 because someone told me I could. They did do very well. Tonight I am at 20 and 4 I will be going down an hour a night until I am at 12/12.

But, since I was up so high, maybe thats why I was told not to go right to 12/12?
Crock of shit ! Straight to 12/12 when you're ready to start Flower.

Oh I'm going to have to get a second light i think. These plants are outgrowing the area already. When they stretch I am going to need another light because they keep getting wider. And taller.
I am at 19/5 now and tomorrow I will be 18/6. Once i am at 18/6 for two days I am dropping right to 12/12.
But, I may need to do some defoliating first. I dont know how long to wait before switching after defoliating. That is my research program today.

Is it a good idea to get a few of those little 38 dollar lights on a stand to put around the sides of the plant just to make sure those side flowers get good and lit up?
Defol, wait a few days (3-5) & then flip to 12/12. Those lights won't do a whole lot of good. I've tried that. A good defol will allow the light to penetrate good enough.

All in all, your plants look pretty good to me. I see a little bit of overwatering in some pics & it appears you need to up your nute strength a little bit as the leaves look too light of a green.
Looks like you're getting some good answers from other growers. Ignore Humboldt's advice & listen to these guys. They are growers & not seed sellers. They've been there & done that.

Next grow.... Try a SIP planter & you wont have any feeding issues at all. Makes growing too simple really.
I just pulled 14.5 oz. off this Forbidden Fruit.

168.JPG
DSCF3136.JPG
DSCF3132.JPG

You probably got your answers already but I'll post anyway.
Just because your other plants don't have yellow tips doesn't mean you don't have to do something different with the one that does. The nutes are not strong enough for the plant with the yellow tips or it's the start of an "N" def.
Not sure why you're changing your light schedule so much. I doubt if 1 hour of recovery time helped much. I always run 18/6 all through Veg.

I'm not an organic grower so I'm not sure on the rules for flushing with organic grows. @Emilya Green would know your best route as far as that goes. But I use FFOF from seed to harvest & never flush unless I get a toxicity. I also do not pH my nutes when growing in soil anymore. The dolomite lime in it keeps the pH in check pretty good on it's own.

Topping will not cause any damage. Just slows growth down a few days while it recovers.

Yes, water a cloth pot till you get about 10% run off. But don't water again until you see your leaves starting to droop from needing more water. Leaves will sometimes droop after being watered for a short time. Then they will perk up. When you see them start to droop after that is when you should water again. Too much water will cause root problems & cause slow growth. Roots need the soil to dry out to get oxygen.

I doubt they are outgrowing the 5 gal. pots if you're in a tent. I've had plants grow to the roof of my tents in 5 gal. pots.

Never heard that before.... lol. Sounds ridiculous to me. I guess I'll skip getting advice from Humboldt.
Check out some blogs on the Royal Queen Seeds website. Pretty good info there.

I'd advise to quit messing with your light schedule or you will cause Hermies ! 18/6 for Veg & 12/12 for flower on photo period plants. 24/0 is for Auto's. You're confusing the hell out of your plants & they don't know which way to go. You're trying too hard & it's causing you problems. I pretty much feed my plants & ignore them till they need fed again. Sometimes less is better. It's easy to overdo things.

I think I'd ignore just about everything they told you. Sounds like you're getting answers from someone who just started there & only sells seeds & never grew a plant in their life.

Crock of shit ! Straight to 12/12 when you're ready to start Flower.

Defol, wait a few days (3-5) & then flip to 12/12. Those lights won't do a whole lot of good. I've tried that. A good defol will allow the light to penetrate good enough.

All in all, your plants look pretty good to me. I see a little bit of overwatering in some pics & it appears you need to up your nute strength a little bit as the leaves look too light of a green.
Looks like you're getting some good answers from other growers. Ignore Humboldt's advice & listen to these guys. They are growers & not seed sellers. They've been there & done that.

Next grow.... Try a SIP planter & you wont have any feeding issues at all. Makes growing too simple really.
I just pulled 14.5 oz. off this Forbidden Fruit.

168.JPG
DSCF3136.JPG
DSCF3132.JPG
I just broke down and purchased another light like the one I got. My light is on 12/12 now.
I used 2 tablespoons of Dr earth fertilizer just to start with because the directions are really bad.

My largest plant is 36 inches in diameter and my closet is only 4 feet wide. So its burying another plant at this point. Good thing I have a light coming tomorrow then the three smaller plants go to the basement and the large plant stays up here in my office/room by itself.

That largest plant has never had issues. But I did stunt one 4 times by various insanities. But the others are looking better.
I wish I would have known how much to defol before I flipped the lights but its too late now.

I am not going to flip it back. Even though the first time I flipped it I made a stupid mistake because I had like 5 things being thrown at me at once and I had to pay close attention to issues of work and when I changed my light I changed it (stupidly) to 22:00 off and 8 on. I dont know how I did that. I know I did it too because I remember looking at it and seeing the 22. Stupid mistake but I caught it when my roommate called me and said it didnt turn off at 8 like it was supposed to.

I also made the mistake of putting my soil too high so I have to 30 ounce cup water it at a time.

It says on the bag to massage the nutes into the top surface then over them with a little mulch before watering.

I started to massage and noticed there are very fine roots about a half inch other the surface. I was a bit taken back by it because a week ago my friend was here and she took her entire hand and turned all the soil over at the top in every plant as deep as her fingers would reach down. When I think of doing that with those fine roots just under the surface It concerns me for sure.

Saying you dont know a lot about organic growing.... But you do know about nutes... I wonder if I should just put 8 tablespoons in each pot. The directions stated for established plants to use 1 tablespoon for a 6 inch pot and 4 for a 12 inch.
But nothing about a 5 gallon bucket.

The Dr earth bud and bloom is slightly different than their veg fert. Adds a bit of some type of acid as well.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated!

I hope to get your entire one plant yield out of my 4 plants. I'd be good with that.

Back
Top Bottom