Yellowing leaves

Themad1

Any ideas why my leaves are turning yellow? It starts at the very tip of the longest prong then slowly spreads. I have horse manure around the base and only been feeding a fish emulsion/blood and bone liquid mix and only mixing as directed, really not sure if its a under or over feeding problem so I've backed right off on the liquid feed now for a few weeks but have seen no improvements, I've applied a watering of Epsom salts and also no improvement. Any ideas guys, I'm a bit reluctant to feed more nitrogen in case it makes it worse but it seems like its getting worse without it, surely the hoarse manure wouldn't be causing this?

20231208_122908.jpg

20231208_122916.jpg

20231214_132552.jpg

20231214_132605.jpg

20231214_132700.jpg

Hey, it can be caused by several issues including nutrient deficiencies, overwatering, pH imbalance, or a disease. If the yellowing starts at the tips and edges of older, lower leaves, it could be a nitrogen deficiency. However, if you’ve been using a mix like fish emulsion/blood and bone along with horse manure, it’s unlikely to be a nitrogen deficiency as these are usually high in nitrogen.

It may also be a sign of nutrient burn, which can occur if the plant is getting more nutrients than it needs. This can cause the tips of the leaves to start turning yellow or brown. Backing off the feeding was a good move in this case.

Another reason could be a pH imbalance in the soil. Cannabis prefers slightly acidic soil (pH 6.0-7.0). If the pH is too high or too low, it can prevent the plant from taking up certain nutrients, causing yellowing leaves.

Overwatering is also a common cause of yellow leaves, it can cause the roots to become waterlogged and oxygen-starved.

And, pests or diseases could be causing the issue. Keep an eye out for signs of pests or disease such as spots, curling leaves, or a powdery mildew.

To find out what’s causing the yellowing, you’ll need to do a bit of detective work. Check your watering schedule, soil pH, and nutrient regimen, and look for signs of pests or disease. It might also help to consult with a local extension service or a reputable garden center. They can help you diagnose the problem and suggest solutions.

Hope it helps!

Hey TheMad, your plants are lookin' good! Yellowing leaf margins... looks like early stage potassium deficiency to me. I use Down to Earth's solution grade potassium sulfate. Looks like you definitely have enough N.

Back
Top Bottom