Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Indoor LED SCRoG grow - Blue Dream + Hindu Kush x Shiva Skunk

420 Member
    Blog Entries

Re: Indoor LED SCRoG grow - Blue Dream + Hindu Kush x Shiva Skunk

Keep us posted bro. Doing great work. Hope all goes smooth as pudding!

-go greenery-

edit-

I never really said anything. haha, silly me.

yes patience...it's a bitch, but I suppose it is also a very great virtue, yeah?

Much respect-
    Last edited by go green; 01-11-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Adding content

hey slimm, ive done allot of homework with scrog and one thing i have learn is sometime less is more. what i mean is you can get more yield sometimes using less plants and making them bigger. if you would like to see a grow to explain what i mean let me know ill show u. ive seen two plants under a scrog with 400w hps get a pound. ive also seen 1 plant get 10-12oz from scrog. just something to think about. grow looks sweet though.

Quote Originally Posted by irishboy View Post
    hey slimm, ive done allot of homework with scrog and one thing i have learn is sometime less is more. what i mean is you can get more yield sometimes using less plants and making them bigger. if you would like to see a grow to explain what i mean let me know ill show u. ive seen two plants under a scrog with 400w hps get a pound. ive also seen 1 plant get 10-12oz from scrog. just something to think about. grow looks sweet though.
    There might be an idea for a grow contest: See who can get the most produce from a one-plant or two-plant scrog.

Blog Entries

Seems to me it's a tradeoff between number of plants and time spent in veg. The less plants you use the more time you need to spend in veg to cover the same amount of screen space, and produce the same amount of bud. Another factor in the decision is the size of pots. Had I chosen to fill my 3x4 foot area with only two plants I probably would want to go with larger than #3 pots. That is for soil of course. Do you think the same thing applies to hydro?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    There might be an idea for a grow contest: See who can get the most produce from a one-plant or two-plant scrog.
    I think that would be a fun contest. There would need to be a some kind of time limit on vegging cycle, otherwise the person with the most patience wins!

Blog Entries

I spotted another small patch of PM last night. I hit them with a foliar spray of 1 part non-fat milk and 9 parts PH neutral water. I will probably treat them one or two more times before harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    Seems to me it's a tradeoff between number of plants and time spent in veg. The less plants you use the more time you need to spend in veg to cover the same amount of screen space, and produce the same amount of bud. Another factor in the decision is the size of pots. Had I chosen to fill my 3x4 foot area with only two plants I probably would want to go with larger than #3 pots. That is for soil of course. Do you think the same thing applies to hydro?
    i see what ur saying, but it would be allot less work to only do 2-3 plants and feed them instead of allot more. i see ur point, i dont think the same will applies to hydro. you could do 2 5gal dwc scrog grow and rock that shit. look at these pics, their is only one plant scrog and it will yield more then the ravage person using multiple plants

Nice bush.

(I'm a master of understatement.)

Blog Entries

Good find Irish. I am familiar with the grower and the technique he uses. That is a great case for less plants with a scrog. Keep in mind that it is hydro though and the veg time was only two weeks. With soil one would have to veg longer to get the same result.

An interesting thing to note is he did no training to speak of. The screen is just being used to support the growth. And he has the screen 22 inches above the top of the bucket - which is a lot taller than mine at 6 inches above.

Good find Irish. I am familiar with the grower and the technique he uses. That is a great case for less plants with a scrog. Keep in mind that it is hydro though and the veg time was only two weeks. With soil one would have to veg longer to get the same result.

An interesting thing to note is he did no training to speak of. The screen is just being used to support the growth. And he has the screen 22 inches above the top of the bucket - which is a lot taller than mine at 6 inches above.
    that is correct he has it 22" but its also a sativa strain. the fact that soil cant grow as fast hydro isnt always true. its all about the soil used. the soil i use has real fast veg time. sun shine #4. he trains his growth by moving the tops under the screen until the others are cought up. i am in no way saying ur way is not the right way, i was just asking if you ever thought about this way?
    i am thinking of doing my first scrog grow this next time, but cant decided if i want to scrog or LST. i plane on not doing my usual 6 plants and doing 3 bigger plants.

420 Member

I have tried LED lights, great spectrum coverage was not sure how it would work in the budding stage. and how long it might take

Blog Entries

that is correct he has it 22" but its also a sativa strain. the fact that soil cant grow as fast hydro isnt always true. its all about the soil used. the soil i use has real fast veg time. sun shine #4. he trains his growth by moving the tops under the screen until the others are cought up. i am in no way saying ur way is not the right way, i was just asking if you ever thought about this way?
    i am thinking of doing my first scrog grow this next time, but cant decided if i want to scrog or LST. i plane on not doing my usual 6 plants and doing 3 bigger plants.
    Yes I had thought about it but had assumed that one could only achieve the rate of growth Rump gets with hydro. I agree that it would be less maintenance to have fewer plants under the screen. Rump's grow is definitely something to emulate and I'm always looking to improve. I'm switching to hydro (hempy ftw!) for my next grow and if I do a scrog I will do less plants as you suggest. I am also considering sog flowering from seed on day one (no veg). My hydro guy says that you need some veg to get a good base or yield will suffer. I'm going to do a comparison grow and see verify this. Basically my next grow will be a bunch of little experiments with a bunch of strains.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harryo View Post
    I have tried LED lights, great spectrum coverage was not sure how it would work in the budding stage. and how long it might take
    There are quite a few LED grows now that have just finished or are about to and you can gather some useful info from these. Check out irishboy, Mmmmick and Scooby_Snacks grows as well as a few others. The bottom line is that the lights do not live up to the mfg statements but they can get you a decent amount of good bud. The quality of the smoke is excellent, but they take a couple weeks longer to finish and they produce smaller flowers than HID. If I were a long time grower used to HID results I would be disappointed. For me, a new grower, some of the new LEDs are great because they produce minimal heat, use little power and grow potent flowers. I do not see LED as a replacement for existing technology yet - if heat and / or power are constrained they can make you a successful grower where you may not have had a chance in the past. If you do jump in on the LED bandwagon be prepared to own obsolete equipment since the technology is developing pretty fast.

Yes I had thought about it but had assumed that one could only achieve the rate of growth Rump gets with hydro. I agree that it would be less maintenance to have fewer plants under the screen. Rump's grow is definitely something to emulate and I'm always looking to improve. I'm switching to hydro (hempy ftw!) for my next grow and if I do a scrog I will do less plants as you suggest. I am also considering sog flowering from seed on day one (no veg). My hydro guy says that you need some veg to get a good base or yield will suffer. I'm going to do a comparison grow and see verify this. Basically my next grow will be a bunch of little experiments with a bunch of strains.
    you will get less yield the no mercy style (no veg). i followed some big threads on that and came to under stand its not worth it and ur yield will suffer. it wouldn't be as bad in SOG. but any other way you not yield as much. its the genes of the plant that dosent like it, a plant must be so old to produce flowers, so when u do this u will get more hermaphrodite plants. this dosent alwys happen and i have seen a few plants done this way but the mass of them just arnt worth it. but if you want to test this i am down to watch for sure. but just letting you know from what i have seen and read. good luck brother

Blog Entries

Thanks for the warning - it seemed too good to be true. I have been reading up on it too but have not finished my research. I have to say that my hydro shop guy really knows his shit - even if what he says sounds strange to me I have learned to trust it anyway. I will still try it just to see for myself.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast