1st Grow - 2x Sour-Diesel & Super-Silver-Haze - Soil with LST & 2x 400w HPS

Scungemonkey

Hello everyone this is my first post, I joined because I've recently started learning about growing and the knowledge here is phenomenal.

This is my first proper grow from seed.. I took over a friends autoflowers grow before with cfl's in the flowering stage and became fascinated with the whole process and the sense of achievement while harvesting, so i decided to buy myself an upgraded set up and get myself some of the action!

I now have 2 Sour Diesels and a Super Silver Haze after pleasant memories from Amsterdam. My tent is 6 feet tall and about 1.5m square, they are currently 1 week into flowering.
I have been using LST methods using a combination of pipe cleaners and garden wire because I've seen how tall these monsters can grow!
I'm basically looking for any criticism or advice and hopefully you guys are entertained from the knowledge I have gained from this site :thumb:

The 3 bandits lined up. SSH in the middle. One of the Sour Diesels took a turn for the worse after a repot and is now slightly shorter... made a full recovery. Looking droopy because this was right after watering and a little nute burn but now at-least i know their limits ;)

SSH LST

SD #1 LST

SD #2 LST

Inside the tent are 2x 400w HPS 2 fans and my ventilation is currently a computer PSU with pc fans rigged up and tied to the vents!

One of the Sours 1 week into flowering

Sour D again

The lovely ladies having a meeting :thumb:

Re: 1st Grow. 2x Sour-Diesel & Super-Silver-Haze. Soil with LST and 2x 400w HPS

Loving the greenery, liking the setup:thumb:

Looks like your girls are doing well mate! You can really see the indica dominance in the sour diesels foliage when it's next to the SSH.

Loving the greenery, liking the setup:thumb:

Looks like your girls are doing well mate! You can really see the indica dominance in the sour diesels foliage when it's next to the SSH.

Thanks alot mate! I know, the Sour D is an amazing strain, nothing is stopping her.. everyday her progress still surprises me!

Got some more pics of the front Sour D today, sod pulling them all out I'll do that when it comes to feeding ;)
its only been 3 days but the difference is noticeable
DSC_2982.jpg

DSC_2978.jpg

DSC_2983.jpg

Also the nutrients I'm using are "Biogrow" some dutch vegging nutes and I've got some "Bloombastic" for the flowering. Also using Molasses and was spraying neem oil during veg. Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments! So far so good, I've got a little more nute burn but hoping to get that fixed still got plenty of leaves left too ;)

I've upgraded the set-up so it now has a 250w CFL dangling down to reach those lower buds.
DSC_2995.JPG

This is the first of the Sour Diesels, this is the weaker one and still the progress is great.
DSC_2985.JPG

DSC_2986.JPG

See what I mean about the nute burn? LST worked well I think.

The Super Silver Haze, Progress isn't much as of yet but I've heard hazes take a bit longer so I'm just going to wait!
DSC_2987.JPG

DSC_2988.JPG

The second and better of the Sour Diesels, she's just going mental really!
DSC_2989.JPG

Lower nugs
DSC_2991.JPG

I think this is evidence of a FIM I tried..
DSC_2990.JPG

Loads of colas
DSC_2993.JPG

I'll keep you guys updated!

Got another update for you all..

Flowering for the Sour Diesels are almost done I'm just waiting on the hairs to darken and the buds to fill out more, Thinking of flushing in a week.
The Super-Silver-Haze is coming on nicely too she just needs to fill out abit more but the progress is good!
Now for the pics

DSC_3024.JPG

The SSH just starting to kick off its flowering, pretty much the whole stem is covered in hairs (1st FEB)

DSC_3019.jpg

SD Inside the tent (1st FEB) frosty and very pleasing to the nose!

DSC_3026.JPG

SD Lower nug taken later on (4th FEB)

DSC_3029.JPG

SD Higher nug taken 4th FEB. I'm scared these crazy women are gonna produce nuggys bigger than my fists!

UPDATE - NEAR HARVEST

Both the Sour Diesels have been flushed and I reckon they have a week or two left, one of the diesels has been turning purple! I looked it up and was told its either because of the strain or because the temperature has been dropping at night and its taking autumn colours... either way it looks amazing.
Been looking at the trich's with a 40X jewelers loupe with an led bulb and its perfect, they are currently 80% milky with only the one or two ambers on the leaves..

Anyway here's some good pictures for ya

Sour Diesel #1 Purple
DSC_3037.JPG
DSC_3041.JPG
DSC_3038.JPG
DSC_3048.JPG

Sour Diesel #2
DSC_3042.JPG
DSC_3047.JPG
DSC_3046.JPG

The Super-Silver-Haze is getting bulky aswell but I'll post pics when shes picture worthy!

Diesel is looking real nice man I'm growing some sour 2 I hope mind turns with lots of crystals

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom