Cpluscote's First Grow 400w Super Sour Kush - Sour Diesel - Lucy Clones Soil 2012

Wow your canopy is looking great and getting really full!!! So far your doing an excellent job Cplus....

Not too sure what the issue is with your other plant, with the sagging leaves...Sagging leaves could mean a few things...overwatering, underwatering, loss of tugor pressure, and even being rootbound can cause this... Usually in early/mid flowering, many of the larger fans on the bottom of the plant will start to fade to yellow, and then fall off which is normal, but your's looks like it might be some other kind of issues... wish I could help more...

Otherwise your garden is looking stellar!!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom/advice Ice and Bike.

Question for anyone who cares to answer: Most of everything that I have read about pruning/clipping extra branches or leaves that aren't getting enough light to really be 'worth while', says that plants shouldn't be pruned or clipped during flowering. If this is true that's fine. BUT, would it be worth my while in yield if I did some trimming of the lower branches at this point in the grow, or will I be better off leaving them be? I'm leaning towards just leaving them how they are this time around and next grow I can worry about pruning at the end of veg.

Thanks for the words of wisdom/advice Ice and Bike.

Question for anyone who cares to answer: Most of everything that I have read about pruning/clipping extra branches or leaves that aren't getting enough light to really be 'worth while', says that plants shouldn't be pruned or clipped during flowering. If this is true that's fine. BUT, would it be worth my while in yield if I did some trimming of the lower branches at this point in the grow, or will I be better off leaving them be? I'm leaning towards just leaving them how they are this time around and next grow I can worry about pruning at the end of veg.

yes your suppose to prune very lightly when it first start filling up the screen and kind of maintain it and do a bit at a time, too much and it could shock the plant. When i first started trimming it was like 1 or 2 branches at the bottom, then i got a few good days where i took a good amount off, this is of course after they were big enough
and its best to not prune 1 to 2 weeks prior to the flowering stage. Just like taking clones off a mother, if you plan on flowering it you need to give it like a week to recover or i think it will just be focusing more energy on recovering from having a limb cut off rather than focusing all its energy on making sweet buds. Your right man just leave it the way it is, you will probably see a few branches wither up those can be cut off, but just maintain it next grow, later bro!

EDIT: Take this for what you will but when i did my first grow completed (Link in signature) We didnt trim any branches off and alot of the bottom stems had shitty airy popcorn nugs, and we were using 360w hps and a few 25w cfls for 2 plants in a 2x5' room, Next time i would consider a scrog maybe or some form of training, while maintaing your pruning

Day 49(26 Flowering) Everything is looking good. I'm trying to rotate the pots on a regular basis to make sure the light is evenly distributed. The two Lucy plants are taking forever to develop buds, but the Super Sour Kush are going to town...

Pics:
SAM_05331.JPG
SAM_05342.JPG
SAM_0535.JPG
SAM_05361.JPG
SAM_05371.JPG
SAM_0538.JPG
SAM_05392.JPG

good thinking Cpl. I think the harvest times on the seed bank websites is jsut to give you a guestimate. My PPP says 9-11 weeks on the niravana website. Now thats a 2 week window so they dont even know when it is suppose to be ready. Mine was done in 9 weeks but ive seen people go for like 10 or 11. IMO if the plant isnt showing anysigns of degradation, the longer it grows the bettter!

Day 53(30 Flowering): Everything is looking great. The gnats are back, but I'm gonna take a trip to the hydro store tomorrow to get a remedy. I have also decided that in the future I will only grow 6 plants in this 4x4 space. I think I will do ok with 8 this time, but things are just more crowded than I would like them to be. probably about 30-50 days left. Smellin more and more all of the time.

Big thanks to everyone who checks out my thread and even bigger thanks to those who comment and help out!!

PICS
SAM_05402.JPG
SAM_05414.JPG
SAM_05422.JPG
SAM_05433.JPG
SAM_05441.JPG
SAM_05451.JPG
SAM_05471.JPG

If you have fungus gnats add 1/2 teaspoon of Gnatrol per gallon with the regular feed, once a week, for all your plants. You will never see a fungus gnat again and your roots (as therefore your plants) will be healthier. It's a natural biological control and it works like magic.

Gnatrol is basically Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis, also known as Bt-i. It is a bacteria that produces spores that contain a protein that is toxic to some insects. This protein, when eaten, kills moths, butterflies, flies, mosquitoes, beetles, wasps, bees, ants, sawflies and nematodes. This includes fungus gnats. It is regarded as environmentally friendly, with little or no effect on humans, wildlife, pollinators, and most other beneficial insects. If you are doing a living soil that includes nematodes it might not be right for you. Otherwise, it is one of the most awesome weapons in the anti-pest arsenal for a cannabis grower.

You can probably get it elsewhere though as buying Gnatrol directly is spendy. It comes as a granule in 5 gallon buckets and the price is in the hundreds. I don't remember the exact number but trust me, you don't want that much and I have never seen it sold in smaller quantities by the manufacturer. But ask at the local gardening shop for Bt-i and they should be able to point you in the right direction. Many stores repackage it in smaller, more affordable sizes and sell it as "fungus gnat treatment" or something similar. Just ask if it has Bt-i like Gnatrol.

I know it sounds like I'm selling it, but I'm not. It's just so simple and works so well with no significant side issues that I'm a big fan and really recommend it. Buy whatever brand you want. :) I just think that there's no reason anyone should have to suffer those d@mn fungus gnats. They suck (literally).

PS: About fungus gnats: They start as larvae (think itty bitty grubs) in the soil medium. They eat the fine hairs on your plants' roots starving the plant and exposing it to infection. When they get big and fat they lay eggs and then transform into a fly. It doesn't help much to kill the fly because by then the damage is already done and another generation will arise either way. The yellow cards are great for tracking how bad it is by counting flies (that's why it has a grid, easier to count) but they don't really stop the problem (or even kill all the flies).

Sorry for going all 'book'. I get high, and see an opportunity to help. Once I get started though, the OCD side kicks in and I have to make it clear and precise, and worst of all, complete. The next thing I know it's been 45 minutes of fact-checking and typing and it overwhelms people I guess. But now I already wrote all that and I hate to just toss it in the virtual round file. Cheers!

:peace:

WOW abb thanks so much for all of that info. I got some gnatrol and watered tonight, so that should be taken care of. Your help is SOOOOO greatly appreciated!

ilikebike, I got some of those yellow gnat traps and put them down as well..

HUGE PROBLEM TONIGHT. I was checking out the bottom branches on the plants that was really wilted a few weeks ago and I found a few pollen sacs. I started looking at the other lucy plant and it also had a few pollen sacs that were starting to form. I don't think any of these sacs were developed enough to pollinate, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. The really small sour diesel plant also had a couple of tiny sacs on it and I ripped the bottom two or three branches off of it. There are no pollen sacs left in the tent. The most pollen sacs I found on any plant was probably like 14 ish on one of the plants. The rest had significantly less.

Question #1: I was debating just tossing the hermie plants tonight and just cutting my losses, but I decided to just take off the bottom branches that were showing sacs. On the two lucy plants, I took off like 5-6 bottom branches at the stems.... Can the plants be ok after losing that many branches?? They still have all of their big buds and lots of leaves left. They're back in my tent right now and I'm going to keep a close eye on them. If you guys think that it's too much of a liability to find out, let me know and I'll give them the hatchet.

Question 2: I don't really know why these plants went hermie.... My three SSK plants all look great and the two big SD's look great as well. The only thing I can imagine that caused this is lack of light down to those branches.. Does anyone have any other Ideas on why these might have hermied??

You live and you learn.... Tonight sucks, but on the positive side I have a shit ton of cuttings that I'm drying to bake with! I think 8 plants is too much for this tent. Especially with the two huge sativas.

I got it from a hydro store that's down the street from my house. I think you can also get it on Amazon.....

The cut up hermies are sitting in the tent right now with the lights off. I'm positive that there are no more pollen sacs in the tent. I'm just going to watch them for a few days to see how they react to the severe trim that I gave them. Pics soon =/

Sure thing cpluscote.

As for hermies, I hold the opinion that hermies are rarely the result of anything other than stress. Some plants stress easily and hermie easily. Others never get stressed and don't hermie. Either way though, I would take hermies in multiple plants to imply that there is something making them unhappy. Usually it is temp issues or light leaks, but I think that's just because those are the most commonly overlooked issues.

I don't say that to scare you. After all, it's only my opinion and I can't back it up at all. Plus, you seem to have it under control. But it might be good to poke around and see if there isn't some semi-obvious stressor you simply didn't notice before. Cause and effect.

The plants really do look good though. Except maybe #5, which has the curled leaves. That's sometimes a magnesium deficiency, but you wouldn't see it near the top like that unless the rest of the plant was already farther gone. Maybe too close to the lights then? How far away is that and what's the wattage (I'm a stoner and I forgot ;) )? Maybe it's nothing. The rest do look really great tho. :Namaste:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom