Can Hermie Weed Be Considered Medical Grade?

LiftedMind

I purchased a half ounce from a dispensary and it had about 20 seeds in it. I want to know if it can be considered medical grade if it's not the sensi(female).

I can understand finding 2-3 seeds in a half ounce from a dispensary, and that's generous, but 20? The crop hermied pretty bad. I called to complain but they were playing dumb like they didn't know what hermie weed was. I told them "weed with seeds" but that still didn't seem to register. They then offered me $15 credit for my $130 purchase. I understand they can't take the weed back and I wouldn't want them to. I would want to get someone else's handled bag of weed.

Should I be upset or just let it be and continue buying from them? This is the first time out of maybe 20 orders this had happened.

Just because it had seeds does not mean its a hermaphrodite. It had a male or hermie near it though. Having seeds simply means it got pollinated.

While the act of getting seeded will reduce potency compared to the same strain grown in same conditions that did not get pollinated, it does not change the strain or its cannabinoid profile.

So to answer your question I would still consider that strain a medical strain regardless of if it has seeds or not if it had medical properties.

I purchased a half ounce from a dispensary and it had about 20 seeds in it. I want to know if it can be considered medical grade if it's not the sensi(female).

I can understand finding 2-3 seeds in a half ounce from a dispensary, and that's generous, but 20? The crop hermied pretty bad. I called to complain but they were playing dumb like they didn't know what hermie weed was. I told them "weed with seeds" but that still didn't seem to register. They then offered me $15 credit for my $130 purchase. I understand they can't take the weed back and I wouldn't want them to. I would want to get someone else's handled bag of weed.

Should I be upset or just let it be and continue buying from them? This is the first time out of maybe 20 orders this had happened.

Wow! That's pretty unacceptable from a dispensary. To me that shows that they don't care what they peddle to patients, time to find a new dispensary if available :)

There isn't really a thing that I am aware of showing the details of a "medical grade" strain, at least here in Cali its pretty much unregulated as of now, and dispensaries could really accept any meds they want. Its really up to the integrity of the dispensary owners and management to ensure quality product. The closest thing to a "medical grade" bud, if there is such a thing, would be a bud that has been run through a full lab analysis, showing pesticides, contaminants, cannabinoids, terpenes, molds and mildew and bacteria testing. I don't know of any dispensary I have ever been to that does this, as most just test for cannabinoids.

I would suggest talking to the dispensary management or owner, and tell them that its unacceptable, and out of good faith he should replace the product. Customer loyalty is still a smart business consideratoin, especially in todays booming market, and let them know you have been a good customer and service has been great for a long time... but point out that at the least, they need to look into where the mistake was made to improve their bottom line and customer experience as there are other dispensary options that much would rather deserve your honest buck, stress to them you would like to stay with them, but the experience would need resolve and correction.

If you talk to the money person, typically I have found that many times they are unaware of these types of mishaps, as in other industries I have used this approach successfully. Many times the owners will thank me and let me know they were unaware of that, usually will compensate you for the experience, and generally if you follow up as a customer afterwords, a lot of the time change is noticeable.

They may do nothing too, as they may know exactly whats going on and it may be intentional too, as I've run across my share of shady, for profit, illegit dispensaries too, but its worth a try. In the least you could go onto some of those popular dispensary map sites and post a review of your experience, to warn other patients. These dispensaries usually depend on these "map" sites for patients to find them, and pay big bucks to be listed on top regional spots, last thing they want is a bad review turning customers to the next guy.

I know personally I will always read the reviews before ordering from a dispensary (most near me are delivery only). Usually you will notice if they have a good trend of honest reviews or sometimes you will see how they react to issues which shows what level of professionalism you are dealing with.. sometimes they are flat out rude, and disrespectful to patients.. and sometimes they are very compassionate. In the least leaving an honest, respectable but thorough review of your experience, good and bad will allow future patients a fair warning on the type of experience to expect :)

In the worst case scenereo, you just got 20 seeds that you can plant yourself! It may cost a little bit of money up front to get a small grow going, but you have thousands of members here at 420 Mag that can help you grow your own. The benefits of growing your own is:

-Its fun, peaceful and somewhat addicting to grow your own... like a personal meditation station at home :)
-Even though the initial startup cost may be a couple hundred bucks, you will be able to see a positive ROI generally on my 1st grow
-After the purchase of all the equip, nutrients and grow supplies, the first grow will pay for itself, and after supplies are purchased, growing your own only takes time, and usually electric costs.. which reduces your cost per gram down to anywhere from about $1-4 per gram, vs buying it at anywhere from 10-25$ per gram.
-Growing your own, you know exactly what your product is grown with. You will know that no harmful pesticides were sprayed and no mold or other contaminates are on your buds... (with many dispensaries and large scale underground growers I have encountered, you wouldn't believe what some of these people spray on their plants, just to make a buck... and the dispensary buys this stuff unknowingly and peddles it to medical patients... disgusting)

Give growing a try (if you don't already), as you already have the seeds. You probably could get a cheap 2nd hand setup on craigslst or fleabay for cheap, maybe a couple hundred bucks, and 1 plant could generally yield you anywhere from 1oz to 4oz, or more depending on how big you want to go, and how well you do :)

Back
Top Bottom