Low humidity problem

marijunal

hi guys. i used 5X600w in grow room but this hps decrease humidity plus "fan" also decrease humidty. i was using small humidty machines but its not enough. i bought a humidty machine for greenary "glasshouse" i handled with it but its very expensive and i lost it. i used fan but its not connected to reflectors it just connected to carbon filter because it was winter and i balanced climate with hps hot. any advice for keep humidty easy?

If you are looking for a quick and costless way to increase the humidity in your grow space you can always try using a spray bottle to mist some clean water on the walls of the tent during lights on, or you could even hang a wet towel in the room. Be careful not to use to much water though, you don't want to have water pooling on the floor or anything. If you use a towel be sure to wring the water out good.

If you want to spend a little bit of money on something you could always go and buy a small humidifier for the room.

Hope this helps you out.

i have already tried its ok for 30 minutes but i cant stay all day at home. small humidity machines not working very good. i was thinking that water boiling inside good idea. it can increase temp but we are going to winter season so it help to keep warm

A wet towel will dry out in 30 minutes? I wouldn't want to be boiling water in your room, that could lead to mold and mildew issues along with temperature issues since you are already running 5 - 600w bulbs. How big is your grow space? Maybe you could hang a few really wet towels? If this won't work for the day while you aren't home you my need to find a bigger machine like the greenhouse one you had.

A wet towel will dry out in 30 minutes? I wouldn't want to be boiling water in your room, that could lead to mold and mildew issues along with temperature issues since you are already running 5 - 600w bulbs. How big is your grow space? Maybe you could hang a few really wet towels? If this won't work for the day while you aren't home you my need to find a bigger machine like the greenhouse one you had.

i had this machine for greenhouse with hygrostat,its expensive but i have to if needed.i havnt started yet i am going to sell my car for begining

I have a 2' x 4' x 7' tent with 180w LED + 260w of CFL. I bought a small room Honeywell Cool Mist 1 gallon humidifier and leave it on 1/2 power. Keeps the RH around 45% - 55% and lasts just over 24 hours before needing to reflill. Without the humidifier, I'm around 27% - 40% RH. It rained heavy 1 day a couple weeks ago and the RH was 77% when I checked, but dropped down to 50% the next day. I have 2 6" fans and a 4" Ventech (190 CFM) exhaust fan in the tent also.

f914.JPG

marijunal: the general rule is 50 true watts per square foot. Anything over that, you COULD have humidity problems. I get really low RH when my temps get over 80F. So I keep a lot of fans (several sizes) moving around and venting outside the window in the grow room.

I also have problems with humidity too low in veg too high in flower lol

I have tried leaving water in the tent and the wet towel method and I must say, it doesn't help much and the towel will get mildew fast.
Spraying water in though seemed to help for a few hours but not for long term.

Ya if I have this problem again I would probably get one of those cool mist humidifiers

One thing I am using right now is a pan with water in front of my fan. The fan blows over the water pan and does seem to help. Granted it is not a great wonder but it does help. One thing to watch for is animals if you have any. I have two dogs and a cat. The dogs can't seem to leave the water alone and try to drink it. My cat has pissed in it a couple of times. Really have to watch them when I check on the plants.

Back
Top Bottom