Uh oh! Male alert?

Seanmac

Hello everybody.... Im brand new to growing. I have a small closet setup using a 6" inline carbon filter fan and a 400w MH bulb...growing 4 gorilla glue (feminized) and 2 Blue dream (feminized)...im in mid week 4 of flower and I spot what appears to be seeds on my plant. Through a bunch of reading I learned that a male can ruin the rest of my plants...but I dont see any other plants looking like this one....can someone, anyone please help. Im attaching 2 pics... I could have sworn this was a female. Should I kill it?

420-magazine-mobile1620667847.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1934486221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Uh oh!!!! Male alert???

sorry to say but that plant has hermied :( Get it out asap! It looks like some of the sacks might have already opened and might have pollinated the other girls :(

aslong as you get it out and don't let the pollen spread you should be fine. you might find some seeds in the other girls buds but youll still get lots of smokeable bud :)

Thanks...I removed it. I only have the 1 box to grow in. Cant risk messing up the rest of my plants...im already struggling with them as it is lol. Brand new....trying to get it all perfected. I appreciate the info tho.

Is your closet "light tight"? What I have read doesn't take much for light leaks to stress out the plants, why you're not supposed to interrupt their 12 hour dark cycle either as even that can stress them out I guess (or what I have read, for what that worth).

Is your closet "light tight"? What I have read doesn't take much for light leaks to stress out the plants, why you're not supposed to interrupt their 12 hour dark cycle either as even that can stress them out I guess (or what I have read, for what that worth).
As far as I know yup....its light tight. However the last couple of days i opened it to check the humidity....you think that could have caused this?

Yes. During lights out the hole 12 hours needs to be dark. If you introduced light during the dark period especially multiple times and days then it could have caused it. During lights out do not disturb them. If you need to do anything with lights off wait till about a hour before dark and do your thang. Just close it up light tight for the 12 hour dark period. Some genetics will be more prone to Hermie then others. Witch strain did it ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would wash your grow area with 10% bleach and if you have a carbon filter with a cotton cover wash it in 10% bleach as well prob sucked in some pollen as well and in the morning or when ever your light comes back on I would spray the plants down with water. I had the same thing happen to me today.
420-magazine-mobile135490418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes. During lights out the hole 12 hours needs to be dark. If you introduced light during the dark period especially multiple times and days then it could have caused it. During lights out do not disturb them. If you need to do anything with lights off wait till about a hour before dark and do your thang. Just close it up light tight for the 12 hour dark period. Some genetics will be more prone to Hermie then others. Witch strain did it ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
The gorilla glue....

Oh and obviously don't have your plant in the area when you clean with bleach and don't spray bleach on the plants lol. My plants are still in veg so doesn't really effect me as much as you cause it seems like you may be flowering.

Oh and obviously don't have your plant in the area when you clean with bleach and don't spray bleach on the plants lol. My plants are still in veg so doesn't really effect me as much as you cause it seems like you may be flowering.

Thanks....

No problem dude sucks so bad. I know the feeling lol and I even started with clones lol.

No problem dude sucks so bad. I know the feeling lol and I even started with clones lol.

Im new to growing....cant catch a break lol. This forum has been a godsend the past few days. Ppl like yourself with good advice. Im mixing up some bleach now....about to wash down my box.

Back
Top Bottom