What are the best HPS bulbs-brand?

Perfect Sun LED

Please, only answers from growers with much experience that have used several brands and have used one brand for an entire grow.

Super Horti is okay, but they lose power after a month, so the specs are lower than good bulbs.

I know eye hortilux is very good. What are some other brands, digital ballast approved, that work about as good but for lower price?

It seems the best is

Hortilux Eye

Ushio

Digilux

Followed by

Maxlume
Badass
Solistek
Lumatek
Growlite

What do you think of Maxlume vs Hortilux or the other expensive ones like Sunmaster?

600w hps Maxlume is only $40 vs like $80 for the Hortilux. Being as Hortilux is twice as expensive, will you see yeild preformance to match that price vs Maxlume?

What do you think of Maxlume vs Hortilux or the other expensive ones like Sunmaster?

600w hps Maxlume is only $40 vs like $80 for the Hortilux. Being as Hortilux is twice as expensive, will you see yeild preformance to match that price vs Maxlume?

Maxlume and Digilux are made by the same company. They both are just chinese bulbs pumped out, nothing special at all.

Hortilux and Sunmaster are better because they are large lighting companies. They do not just sell to the hydro industry, they sell tons of lighting products which means they have higher standards.

A worldwide lighting company bulb vs a cheap chinese manufactured bulb is what you're getting.

The Chinese can make great products, but lots of the stuff that is done very cheaply doesn't last long. However, Maxlume has been in business for a long time.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone would give their actual grow experiences with different brands. Did running Hortilux make much difference in the yeild and quality vs Maxlume.

You can compare any brands you have experience with and if all conditions were the same, what difference the bulbs made. That would be awesome.

Maxlume and Digilux both yielded less then Hortilux. Also the plants seemed a lot more stressed and less green with the R&M bulbs. I am testing Sunmaster now, so far it has good results.

No offense, taken. I do not get paid to sell one brand over the other. I offer both inexpensive bulbs and the higher quality bulbs. The way I know what I'm talking about is experience with all these bulbs. Of course you are allowed to wait for others responses, like the one above regarding sunmaster, I understand.

You have one light?

What wattage are you seeking..? If its 400w or less, I would highly recommend Ceramic Metal Halide by phillips.

JJ, okay, cool, so long as you also sell Maxlume and such.

Right now I'm running a 400w hps, 300w LED, and a home made cfl hood. I have a 600w hps cool tube coming with a Maxlume bulb. Once it gets here, I will probably only run the 400 and 600, and perhaps the 300w LED< which only runs 186, so it is more like a 200w, even though it claims 300w because of the amount of 3x diodes.

Mmm some of these bulbs can only be sourced in america & can be some what limited to other parts of world to choice that some may have !

I've used a brand of bulb by grolux 400w dual spectrum HID/HPS which is manufactored by sylvania which happens to be a major bulb maker in many different fields of lighting based in europe...

The 400w dual spectrum HID/HPS 2050 kelvin bulb by grolux which i have used in flowering for the past year has served me well over the last 6 grows & yielded well for that bulb size with grows based in soil :thumb:

Ultimately i would like to test the 400w dual spectrum bulb in vegitive growth !

But due to recent electric prices & raise in monthly electric bill, i'll think i stay with my trusty 125w 6400k gaint CFL for vegging which i have used for the past year... with good results :love:

I guess I will do the study myself. I just got a 600w Maxlume, just waiting for the hood. Next grow after this one, I will use a Hortilux and see if it makes much difference.

If you're interested, I will provide you with a brand new, free 600w Sunmaster HPS so you can test it against your MaxLume. The only thing I would ask is if you would be willing to pay for the shipping, which would likely be small.

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in! If not, no hard feelings.

JJ, and no offense, but I have a hard time trusting anyone that gets paid for selling one brand over another.

JJ Bones is a straight shooter when it comes to his business, seen him numerous times recommend cheaper priced items to customers over the more expensive brands he sells. Good business practices for long term customers.

JJ, that is an insanely kind offer. I would totally accept it, but I wouldn't be able to test this run anyway. I will have to use Maxlume this time around, then Sunmaster and or Hortilux next run.

Also, I feel weird about accepting free stuff. You are a great guy for offering.

Mmm some of these bulbs can only be sourced in america & can be some what limited to other parts of world to choice that some may have !

I've used a brand of bulb by grolux 400w dual spectrum HID/HPS which is manufactored by sylvania which happens to be a major bulb maker in many different fields of lighting based in europe...

The 400w dual spectrum HID/HPS 2050 kelvin bulb by grolux which i have used in flowering for the past year has served me well over the last 6 grows & yielded well for that bulb size with grows based in soil :thumb:

Ultimately i would like to test the 400w dual spectrum bulb in vegitive growth !

But due to recent electric prices & raise in monthly electric bill, i'll think i stay with my trusty 125w 6400k gaint CFL for vegging which i have used for the past year... with good results :love:

hmm so cfl are good enuf for vege is there big difference about growing veg whit clf and whit hid/hps ?
i got 300 w clf i not sure abaut they k ration

hmm so cfl are good enuf for vege is there big difference about growing veg whit clf and whit hid/hps ?

The whole light spectrum is quite important as it helps trigger plant hormones in various stages of growth.

Using a HPS/HID predominately red/orange 2100k for vegging can induce stretch, elongation of stems & over all form lanky plants... not really the desired rsult.

MH, cfl or T5 etc 6400k blue spectrum of light helps keeps the plant more compact, smaller internode spacing & abit more bushy.

Back
Top Bottom