Bianca Feminized - MarsHydro 300 LED - Soil/Coco/Perlite

Iguana Man

Bianca Feminized — MarsHydro 300 LED — Soil/Coco/Perlite

First off, many thanks to the people here who have and continue to help me along with my first grow.

Equipment/Supplies;

Bianca Feminized via Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. 85% Indica 15% Sativa
Jiffy Peat Pellets
Fox Farm Happy Frog Potting Soil
Natures Footprint 650g Coconut Coir Brick
Perlite
General Hydroponics PH Control Kit
General Hydroponics CaliMagic
General Hydroponics Flora-grow/bloom/micro
MarsHydro300 LED light.
Luster Leaf Rapiclip Light Duty Soft Wire Tie
Honeywell HT-900 fan
AcuRite Temp/Humidity monitor
Mudder 15amp 24hr Heavy Duty Timer.
Monster Power Strip
Closet grow — Walls lined with dull side of foil.

I started her off in a Jiffy Peat Pellet and then moved her into a 5-6" plastic pot with a mix of 1/3 each: FF Happy Frog soil, Coco & Perlite. Once she sprouted, which I will call Day 1, I placed the LED at 30" and began the 18/6 light cycle. Temp and humidity have been pretty consistent at around 77 degrees with 40% humidity. Both have fluctuated by around +/- 3.

Day 04- Watered 1 cup PH correct water. Lowered light to 24"
Day 05- First true leaves appeared
Day 12- New Node
Day 15-

Top85.jpg

Stem15.jpg

Day 22- Topped at 4th node. Watered very little.
Day 26- Leaves drooping a bit. Watered 1 cup PH correct water
Day 27- Looks good — dark green. Lowered light to 20"
Day 30- Transferred into 5 gal pot. 50% Soil 25% Coco 25% Perlite. Watered 1 qt PH correct around transplant area
Day 41- LST tie down on newest stems. Previously I've been gently pushing the stems down a couple times a day

Bianca.jpg

Day 44- Leaf claw, looks like Nitrogen burn yet I've not added any nutes. Watered 64oz PH correct water. More details in this thread: New growth - Wilting with brown tips

Day 46- Watered another 64oz of PH correct water.
Day 48- Emergency Flush. 8-10 gallons.
Day 49- Cal/Mag 1/4 tsp in 64oz.
Day 54- Looks much better. Flush stopped all further clawing.
Day 57- Watered 1 gallon of 1/2 strength "aggressive" GH Grow/Bloom/Micro + 1/2 tsp CaliMagic
Day 60- Plant took off, looks great and is very bushy. Began 36hrs of darkness to jump start flowering
Bianca1.jpg

Day 62- Holy guacamole. When I first turned on the lights after her 36hrs of darkness, I couldn't help but :) . It seems her overall color has really evened out towards a darker green and she's about an inch taller and much bushier. Let the 12/12 flowering begin!

After36dark_.jpg

After36dark.jpg

Thinking she's about ready for a drink, and wondered if I should add some GH Bloom to the water? Any suggestions on nutes at this beginning stage of flower is appreciated.

IMO, it isn't critical. She isn't really blooming yet but I always add some Flora Bloom per the GH recommendations. Blooming will probably be 1.5 - 2 weeks from now. You could follow either the "aggressive veg" formula or the "transition to bloom" formula. I'd go half strength on either unless you see a deficiency that makes you think you should adjust from there.

Okay, I think I'll do the transition to bloom in another couple days. My thinking on just the Flora Bloom was that it had no N and I think this plant might be overly sensitive to it.

Okay, I think I'll do the transition to bloom in another couple days. My thinking on just the Flora Bloom was that it had no N and I think this plant might be overly sensitive to it.

Cool!
You can read the plant in person better than I can. Go with your instincts. Even if you are wrong sometimes, that's how you learn. :thumb:

Cool!
You can read the plant in person better than I can. Go with your instincts. Even if you are wrong sometimes, that's how you learn. :thumb:

Yeah, I can read a book on quantum physics too but . . . ;)

Seriously though, I think I'll just step back and remember the #1 rule most of you experienced folks have to offer - Patience. :)

I'm a damn fool. :( Gave her a gallon of water with 1 tsp each of the GH Floro-trio and decided to push down on the soft tie wire some.

SNAP!

Broke the stem right at the trunk. Fuck. Me. Best I can manage is use the soft tie wire to keep it as snug and back in place as possible. I may have to break the Bourbon out early today. :(

Bummer, man. (I don't want to "Like" your post)
When I've had a broken branch I want to save I've had good luck with electrical tape. It is slightly stretchy so you can wrap the area tightly and it will hold things together really well while it heals. You can't always get a good wrap due to the plants shape, but I'd give it a shot if possible. It really cinches the break as well as anything I've tried. You can splint it too when appropriate.

I can't get a good photo with my phone but this pic is pretty much dead on to where it snapped.

Screen_shot_2016-07-26_at_1_21_14_PM.jpg

The red line is the break. After looking more closely just now, she's tied back really snug and if I didn't know better it looks like it never broke. I'm going to leave what looks good enough alone and hope she heals as is.

When I've had a broken branch I want to save I've had good luck with electrical tape. It is slightly stretchy so you can wrap the area tightly and it will hold things together really well while it heals.

Do they heal normally from something like this? It sounds like you've had success so I'm guessing she'll be okay as long as what appears to be reconnected and secured is in fact reconnected and secure. That's a weight bearing spot too but like I said, it seems wired back pretty good for now. Is there a time frame for this kind of recovery? Anything else I should do? Hopefully the watering and nutes help speed up the recovery.

Do they heal normally from something like this? It sounds like you've had success so I'm guessing she'll be okay as long as what appears to be reconnected and secured is in fact reconnected and secure. That's a weight bearing spot too but like I said, it seems wired back pretty good for now. Is there a time frame for this kind of recovery? Anything else I should do? Hopefully the watering and nutes help speed up the recovery.

IDK how long it takes to heal. I leave the tape on until it falls off, sometimes weeks or months. With a tight mend the plant barely notices.

Bottom showing where break and tape are. The branch in the rear at about a 45 angle is the one that broke almost clean off (rain and wind).
AoS_7-9-16.jpg

Top (that branch is holding up 5'+ of growth)
AS-1_07-20-16.jpg

I'm hoping what I saw this morning is an indication that the broken connection, so to speak, is reconnected to the point of allowing water to pass thru it. Yesterday in my despair, I pruned a couple fan leaves that weren't getting any substantial light. I was thinking the less that stalk had to feed, the better it might heal. Whether that is a valid assumption or not, I noticed some water on the leaves right below where I pruned a fan leaf. The little stem that remained from the leaf prune had dripped water onto the leaves below.

I'm hoping that's a good thing.

Day 2F- I've read I shouldn't prune during flower so I'll leave her be but holy crap has the plant become a bush in every bushy sense of the word. And since I can't LST half of her anymore due to the broken stem, I worry she'll be suffocating possible cola's.

Going forward I'm using Day # as the day of flower #. This strain says 6-8 weeks. Two months to go! :)

It will stretch and open up some.
It is early in the bloom phase. IMO you could still do some pruning.

Back
Top Bottom