Plata's Outdoor - Sativa Homemade Strain - Grow Journal

Plata

Hi everybody, this is my first journal, so don't be too strict with me! Any advice (on the journal or on growing) is appreciated!

What Strain is it? Unknown one, cause it's mixed homemade strain
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mixed. Leaves like a sativa one and higth like an indica one.
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 18 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoors
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Compost 20%, turf 40%, forest soi 40%l.
If Soil... What Size Pot? 7 L
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Outdoors, it's summer.
Is it Air Cooled? Outdoors, natural wind only.
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? One day yes, one day no.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 15-15-15 and grass one (has a lot of Mg).
I skipped some indoors questions.

I first had some problems with burn tips and some leaves, i thought it was sun burn, but in the end it seemed to be magnesium lacking, so I added the second fertilizer I talk about. I removed the burned leaves and left the tip-burned ones. Now I'm facing another problem i seem I can't identify. Leaves are turning yellow.

2016-08-01_10_17_03.jpg
2016-08-01_10_16_53.jpg
2016-08-01_10_16_24.jpg
2016-08-01_10_17_10.jpg

That's how it looked like long time ago

22386.jpg
16726.jpg

This one was taken this morning. It's been 4 days on the earth (not container) and the first two days was getting bigger and more beautiful (really healthy I mean, no yellow leaves cause I removed the old yellow ones, and no burned leaves). But yesterday the thing changed and started getting a bit awful (yellow leaves mostly, but all the leaves where droppy). So that's the photo taken this morning.

2016-08-05_08_21_11.jpg

And here goes the one taken in the afternoon...
I think it's because it's too hot, but I can't do anything about it, can I?
Any advice before it's too late??

2016-08-05_13_48_53.jpg

that dirt is no good .

put her in minimum 20 litre pot or grow bag.

get some well draining organic soil ,water at ph7

if you have a product like seasol foliar feed her.

she will survive .

that dirt looks like it would suffocate the roots depriving them of oxygen.
Also looks damn hot man and severely underwatered

So, soon I'll be a few days off, and I want to see how she gets on before I depart, as well as how good she does when I come back.
I was wanderning how often should I water her in the new pot... 1 day every 3? 1 every 2? The pot is really big, and all the extra soil is natural compost (I know the composition is unknown but I think it's in the top 3 substracts ever).
Any advice then?

Here is the photos after removing all the yellow leaves.

2016-08-06_19_10_12.jpg
2016-08-06_19_11_29.jpg
2016-08-06_19_11_38.jpg
2016-08-06_19_11_51.jpg
2016-08-06_19_12_03.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot it, I put some solid fertilizer in it (15-15-15 plus a little more of 18-5-7 (2-35) MgO).

good job ,saved her life !, water her when the soul is almost all dry , water her to slight run off then wait till pot is almost dry ( dont wait till dirt pulls from sides of pot though) .

so happy man!

made my day

So here we are again!
I left for a week and someone else was taking care of her this days, but the leaves turned yellow.
Is that a nitrogen deficiency?
I think I'll remove the yellow ones and leave the green ones. As you can see some of them also look like they have been burned. What could that be? Magnesium deficiency?
What do you think it could be? And what can I do?
I do have some fertilizer, the one I fed her before leaving, but I don't know how it worked, maybe the first 3-5 days she was all green and wonderfull, and after those days she started turning yellow...

2016-08-13_21_08_09.jpg

2016-08-13_21_07_42.jpg

leave the yellow leaves on her from here in for the next week if she needs water only give her plain water no feed at ph7 to run off.

Thanks photos! You really are helping me a lot.
But I do not have a ppm meter... so I'll skip this part. I hope I've washed the soil enough.

So lets have a look at the top. I was thinking about cutting the edge, the apical meristem, so the main stem stops growing and the ones at the lowest part will grow more, but I'm afraid anoder stem will take it's place and i'll have another main steam.
I mean, right now the plant has reached the limit in height that I wanted (there are several things that made me decide my plant could not be a monster in height.
Here are my questions:

-If I leave her grow and I don't cut anything, will she grow a lot higher?
-If I cut her meristem, how should I do it so I don't have to do the same thing with another meristem later (that one would become the main stem)?

Here I leave some photos of the main stem edge. For the plant shape look the photos over this post.

Note that I'm going to wide her with strings so she doesn't get all compacted and I make sure she has enough room to grow.

2016-08-17_09_59_34.jpg
2016-08-17_09_59_42.jpg

if you get some sharp scissors and just cut the top off ,what happens is 2 tops will grow in its place and yes bottom growth will also bush out more than if left untopped .

so top her and get 2 tops top those 2 you get 4 etc.

do it man

flush her with lots of ph7 water see the size of her pot , put through 10 times her pot in water through her soil to run off then leave her be till next water

Awesome mate you got her back in health just in time for flowering!.

So you have fertiliser in the pot right?

So just water with ph 7 water when the pot is light
Too easy, I'm very happy it's all working out man maybe when she is finished put her in the Plant of the month competition link in my sig!

Back
Top Bottom