1.2 Month Veg - Help!

groguy123

Howdy fine folk of 420mag forumz, SWIM here.

I found a tiger striped seed in my kind bud and thought... hey why not see if it'll germ (especially since it came from such bomb herb) (pictures attached later).

Well low and behold, I did the ol' paper towel trick and voila... a little white sprout. I got myself some legit garden soil from the backyard, plopped it into a solo cup-esk plastic pot and waited for it to show up again.

Lets just say my little '' science experiment '' 'payed off' because over the last month and a bit iv been taking notes, inspecting changes, becoming more patient (& sometimes stressed due to lack of knowledge / experience) based on how the plant has been reacting to my TLC *aww how cute*. ( p.s i realize that its mostly just sun and water that are doing the work).

Iv only really ran into one problem so far and that problem is precisely why i made this account and hit up this forum. ( PICTURES SHOULD BE ATTACHED )

The cotelydons became yellow as the plant grew and a nice neighbour, who just so randomly has experience with said shrubbery, tore them (properly) off informing me that they are no longer of use.

That was fine and dandy but for SOME REASON the tips of some of the lower leaves ( starting with the first set of true single leaves ) began turning slightly yellow / brown and crispy and it seems to be "growing" or spreading up.

I noticed some of this darkening on the second set of true leaves (3 finger leaves) and am a bit unsure of whats going on. The neighbour said it could be a magnesium deficiency but since i have no previous knowledge im at a loss.

Im going to upload as many pics as i can and hopefully someone can help me diagnose / come up with a solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to give as much background info heres a list.

1) started seed in paper towel , put into small pot with backyard soil
2) plant grew, transplanted into solo style pot.
3) plant grows 7 sets of true leaves ( range went from cotelydons - 1finger -3 finger -5 finger -5 finger - 5/6 finger - 6/7 fingers - new growth unsure finger amount )

4)cotelydons died / removed

5)first set of true leaves ( 1 finger ) began to turn lighter in color, tips began to turn slightly yellow / brown.

6)second set of true leaves ( 3 fingers ) showing same signs, darkening / yellow tips but new growth remains good looking!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soil used
- Backyard garden soil
- Black Gold Natural & Organic Potting Mix
( contains a mix of peat moss earthworm castings, and compost in addition to perlite and pumice to ensure good aeration)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutrients

- All purpose 20-20-20 fert from local hydro store.
- only ever fed 1 single time (2 waterings ago) and used less than 1/4 strength solution & have "flushed" 2 times since then) ( i read that a good feeding regiment is water -water - feed &repeat )

- neighbour stopped by and gave me some 'better nutrients' . 24-8-16 havent used them yet though but i did whip up a batch of nutrient water and ph'd to around 6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP!!!!!! CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS

IMG_67979.JPG

IMG_67947.JPG

IMG_67927.JPG

IMG_68038.JPG

IMG_680010.JPG

Plant looks healthy from where I'm sitting.....not so sure cannabis will give you any joy with 20-20-20. Burnt leaf tips is usually nute burn Also as you don't know the strain, I would suggest you find a more softly-softly type nute - the present from the neighbour is not much better IMO.

Keep going she looks vibrant :thumb:

luckily the 20-20-20 was super cheap and i can probably use it for other garden plants in the future.
what type of nutrients are suggested?

p.s

thank you :thanks: i shall do my best and resist the urge to do too much!

Back
Top Bottom