1.6' x2.5' grow space: Need lighting tips!

oh666god

420 Member
I am currently working on a discreet grow build. I am using a wardrobe and have 1.6'x2.5' of grow space. I looked into DIY LED lighting (loved the idea) and got myself;

- x1 185H-C1400B driver + 100k pot
- x4 CXB3070 CREE 3000K 80CRI (I know, i should have gotten the 90 CRI - next build!) COB
- x4 CPU heat sinks with fans
- x2 44" Aluminum L brackets (For a clean custom frame)

I have a few concerns that I would like to bring up before I start to assemble.

- is a x4 COB lighting system too much for my grow space?

- What COB layout should I have?

Linear: X X X X

or more like this?
X
X X
X

I'm hoping to be able to grow 2-3 plants in here. Also, I'm hoping my COB choice will allow me to use this for veg and flower. Please let me know! Never done this before but I am super excited and can't wait to start growing.

Thanks again! I will be keeping track of my build and uploading a full guide once it's all said and done.

I'm hoping to be able to grow 2-3 plants in here. Also, I'm hoping my COB choice will allow me to use this for veg and flower.
2-3 plants will be tight, but manageable.

Should be fine...not sure if 3500k works better for flower, but 3000k will be fine.

Not if you add a $10 dimmer (but even w/o no, you can always raise it)

Can you do this?

X X
X X

I got a potentiometer for dimming, so I guess my whole worry of having too much light was never real hahahaha, totally forgot about the dimming part.

With the space i'm working with I believe I might have an uneven spread with the 2x2 COB layout unless it's more rectangular, but at that point I will be lacking some light in the middle.

It won't be too much light, you can easily double it.

I would do a linear setup for a wardrobe like that, it'll give you the most even spread.

3000K vegs very well and flowers much better :)

I've heard from multiple people that linear in my case would be the best. I can always change it later! thanks for confirming my COB choices - feeling pretty good about this build!

You can check out the Mars-SP 200,can cover your space well, no need to DIY. All with good quality chips and driver, :)
mh-亮灯.jpg

You can check out the Mars-SP 200,can cover your space well, no need to DIY. All with good quality chips and driver, :)

I am going the DIY route because I have a pretty good knowledge with analog components and small electronics - ALSO going the DIY route because I can add/remove COBs with ease, change the layout to what ever I want and I can ensure that high quality components are being used for the lowest price.

Back
Top Bottom