image9243.jpeg
image9246.jpeg
image9245.jpeg
image9242.jpeg
image9239.jpeg
image9244.jpeg
image9241.jpeg
image9238.jpeg

Day 11, Temp is a constant struggle. Just made 2 vents with mesh filter seem to be making no difference. Other than that the seem very healthy. Running 6 150w CFLs so far hardly no questionable stretch being a ft away from the light. Using FoxFarm Ocean Forrest. They were just transplanted yesterday from there solo cups. Having problems with 1 of them burning/yellowing. Just wondering about getting some advice from experienced hands. All comments welcome
.Peace and No Worries!

Welcome MidwestPounds, :welcome:

im currently also on my first grow and got nutrient burn because i planted my germinated seedlings straight into fertilized soil.

You should definitely check your soil pH (there are kits out there, dont use digital ones!) and you draining water pH.
I got nutrient lock because if a pH close to 5. Plants cant absorb CalMag if the soil is lower than 6. I used lime to get the soil up to 6.5.

And DONT fertilize till week 2/3! Till they are big enough to handle and need all the nutrients.

Which strain are you growing?

I run dwc but I've also used cfls for years now, mine is around the same age as yours, cookies kush from Barney's farm, yours look nice from soil, I have one super kush free seed in soil but not sure what I wanna do with it, just wanted to sprout it ya know, any way here is my cookies kush
689b942e9760cc8c4d260c4316840f56.jpg

Sent from my Z958 using 420

I have 6 150w CFL only running 4 due to heat until they reach a foot tall. Here's updates a week after topping 1 of them as I am in a trial and error for my first I want 1 natural and 1 topped multiple times and stress training. Just to see how yield differs or if I make a mistake.

image9826.jpeg
image9823.jpeg
image9822.jpeg
image9825.jpeg
image9824.jpeg

I am here for the journey! I would love to see two side by side, one topped and trained, and one natural. Great job! :Namaste:

I have 6 150w CFL only running 4 due to heat until they reach a foot tall. Here's updates a week after topping 1 of them as I am in a trial and error for my first I want 1 natural and 1 topped multiple times and stress training. Just to see how yield differs or if I make a mistake.

image9826.jpeg
image9823.jpeg
image9822.jpeg
image9825.jpeg
image9824.jpeg

Your young ladies look just dandy. I see someone mentioned not to feed them nutrients for 2 to 3 weeks since they are in soil, good advice. A few other things to keep in mind. If you stay in the same size container for more then 2-3 weeks when you start adding nutrients, start the 1st week of nutrients at 1/4 strength then the next week at 1/2 strength so as not to over power then plants.If you up pot your plants before you start adding nutrients or even after, remember to either cut back on adding nutrients or even stop adding for a few more weeks since you have just added fresh soil to the plant which should be loaded with nutrients. One way to look at it is when you put your plant into soil, the soil is full of nutrients and capable of feeding the plant for anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks depending on which soil you use. Now after 2 to 3 weeks much of the nutrients in that soil are now used up, while it still may have some nutrients in it, most has been consumed by the plant. Now you up pot, adding more new fresh soil which is full of nutrients, but keep in mind, the soil which was in the the smaller container is now mostly used up, so now the up potted plant does not have 100% un-used soil it is diluted with used up soil which can cut it down by 50% depending on how big of a pot you upsize to. example if you up pot from a solo cup to a 1 gallon pot,you have increased the fresh sol by around 3 to 1. 3 parts fresh soil to 1 part used up soil, but if you up pot from a solo cup to a 2 gallon potato ratio changes to more like 7 to 1. Jus keep in mind every time you add soil you are adding nutrients and bear that in mind when you start adding nutrients.

I really like that you are growing one natural and topping the other. I really enjoy seeing 1st hand how things play out. It is a little like book learning, sure you can learn a lot by reading but seeing and doing 1st hand teaches so much more and intends to stick with you easier.

Best luck with the ladies, looks like they are in great hands :goodjob:

Heres a update. They are 4+ weeks I am throwing them into 12-12 to sex them (fingers crossed for girls) then if all goes well I will ReVeg and top the one plant again. I did use quarter strength nutes 2 days ago I won't feed again till after the sex process is over. I'm just a little confused as to when I should actually start the flower process full term. Any advice is appreciated.

image10186.jpeg
image10183.jpeg
image9826.jpeg
image10184.jpeg
image10185.jpeg

Hi MidwestPounds,

You really don't want to put them into flower, and then back out to veg unless you have too, because it will delay time as the plant will need to re-adjust in each atmosphere. There is a chance you can hermie your girl that way too. The best thing to do would be to wait and flower them when you are ready to flower. You just watch your tent closely the first two weeks for sex. You can put them into flower whenever you want, the longer you wait, the more bud in general. People have put them into flower at two weeks old, and others wait up to 4 months. It's a personal choice.

Good luck!
:high-five:

I had 1 turn out to be a male luckily it was the one that remained natural. My female has now been put back in flower for a little over a week. Call me crazy but I'm trying to Purposley Herm my Female for Seed stock since obtaining seeds for me is not a option. I have heat stressed for a few days and as soon as signs shown I raised the lights back, slight over water but not too much I don't want root rot with my soil and low humidity. I'll go back to my schedule in a day or 2 and hope I have a Herm. It's all for personal use anyway and a Learning experience.

image11063.jpeg
image11061.jpeg
image11062.jpeg

If mine ever hermie on me it's always late in flower and I end up with 2 or 3 seeds but it's still a good plant, I don't toss hermies

Sent from my Z958 using 420

Back
Top Bottom