12 /12 Light Interrupt

In nature there are times with big storms when sun cannot penetrate a lot to reach the plants. And they are fine.... They will not even notice it!

Don't forget full moons. In lots of areas full moons are pretty bright. I can't see shit in a darkened tent. I can walk around in a full moon without flashlight. So plants see a lot of wierd shit that doesn't bother them.

We try any of this weird shit indoors and we get hermies WTF LOL.

Moonlight is reflected light. Even though it seems bright there is hardly any par. So a bit different, but I get your meaning. They seem ultra touchy when we try our hand at playing mother nature.

Moonlight is reflected light. Even though it seems bright there is hardly any par. So a bit different, but I get your meaning. They seem ultra touchy when we try our hand at playing mother nature.
Some folks harvest during a full moon - have also known folks that cover their plant out side at night because of this (full moon) If way out some use head light's of cars !!!!!

Don't forget full moons. In lots of areas full moons are pretty bright. I can't see shit in a darkened tent. I can walk around in a full moon without flashlight. So plants see a lot of wierd shit that doesn't bother them.

We try any of this weird shit indoors and we get hermies WTF LOL.
place a green bulb in grow space (on/off as needed) if you can then you will be able to see without harming your plants

There are lights that may be useful to see when the lights are off. Better just to wait lights are not off that long
thoughts on using extra just "red" spectrum '" panles of bulbs in flower for bigger buds and using just "blue" spectrum light in last 4 days of flower (tjhis greatly improves terp's ans oils ? a have read about this before ? thought guy's ?

I strictly run HID lights. I have heard about changing the color of LED's for plant growth. Don't know much about it though. I most always have a opinion LMAO.

Over time HPS bulbs have changed to better suit marijuanas needs. I always use adjusted spectrum bulbs now. So there is plenty of proof the the right light spectrums at the right time is beneful. Back in the day I chose the HPS over the Metal Halide because of its benefits in flower. Basically the HPS worked better for both but the MH was better for Veg. Now the choices give you a good mix of the spectrums.

With the new LED lights I figure they have a veg and a bloom cycle choice. Those are probably the best choices. If you made your own light it would be different. When you built your light you had a basic idea of what colors you wanted for whatever reason. Somewhere along the lines someone thought it was the right configuration. If you had the right info to start I would stick with it. Trying to recreate light spectrums on the fly is best left to the scientific types.

Lots of things out there that are supposed to improve flavors and smells. Some work I am sure. Most take more money than they add flavor to your buds. If your buds don't taste good you are growing the wrong strain. With all the genetics out there these days you can find a strain that has great flavor and high. Lots of times you can even find one that produces also.

The newer the strain the stronger terpene profiles you are going to find. Stealth was a major part of growing and breeding for a long time. Some older strains reflect that.

Cannabis is a "short day" plant meaning it blooms in late summer/autumn as the daylight lessens. Never ever interrupt the dark cycle but you can do whatever during lights on. Including turning the lights off. If you need to do work during lights off, use a green light.

My timer messed up and the light was shutting off for about 30 minutes a day near the end of the light cycle. I haven’t noticed any issues.

Back
Top Bottom