12/12 seed

Yeh I think it would be a good one. It has a long flowering time in which to grow.
There is (duh) more than one pheno of GT as I found out recently. I know I've mentioned this elsewhere TF and you probably read me saying this - but just in case you didn't.... The first one I grew was a Thai leaning pheno and grew a large single cola. I'm not sure how long it flowered but it was probably around 14 weeks or maybe even 16. My favourite smoke ever.

(Edit I went and looked- 3 weeks in veg- and pretty much exactly 14 weeks under 11/13. It didn't start flowering right away- so that's really not that long a flowering time. )

The next three I grew were much more like Malawi and I think finished closer to 12 weeks.
Here is the first one I mentioned. It's in perlite and in this case I vegged for three weeks before going into the flower room under 11/13.

image18738.jpeg

image18741.jpeg

image18739.jpeg

image18742.jpeg

image18740.jpeg

Do you guys think that Golden Tiger from ACE seeds would be a good candidate for 12/12 from seeds?

I have room for 9 3gal pots in one tent. I have two tents, but one only has a little T5 light.

Yeah golden tiger would be perfect for 12/12 as its a pure sativa. Should begin stretching and flowering around the 4 to 5 week mark if the malawi is anything to go by.

Yeh I think it would be a good one. It has a long flowering time in which to grow.
There is (duh) more than one pheno of GT as I found out recently. I know I've mentioned this elsewhere TF and you probably read me saying this - but just in case you didn't.... The first one I grew was a Thai leaning pheno and grew a large single cola. I'm not sure how long it flowered but it was probably around 14 weeks or maybe even 16. My favourite smoke ever.

(Edit I went and looked- 3 weeks in veg- and pretty much exactly 14 weeks under 11/13. It didn't start flowering right away- so that's really not that long a flowering time. )

The next three I grew were much more like Malawi and I think finished closer to 12 weeks.
Here is the first one I mentioned. It's in perlite and in this case I vegged for three weeks before going into the flower room under 11/13.

image18738.jpeg

image18741.jpeg

image18739.jpeg

image18742.jpeg

image18740.jpeg

Some seriously nice bud you have there Weaselcracker but you should have staked her up you might have got an even bigger yield.

Actually she was staked during the grow - sort of laid out horizontally under the light.
It was a one-off experimental grow under an auto-watering/feeding system and I had a mix of sativas and part-indicas in there. All on the same feed! so I knew it would be dicey but I was mostly doing it for fun. She could have done better imo but could have also done much worse. ;)
This one self seeded and I'm smoking some of the product of her offspring right now. :passitleft:

Actually she was staked during the grow - sort of laid out horizontally under the light.
It was a one-off experimental grow under an auto-watering/feeding system and I had a mix of sativas and part-indicas in there. All on the same feed! so I knew it would be dicey but I was mostly doing it for fun. She could have done better imo but could have also done much worse. ;)

This one self seeded and I'm smoking some of the product of her offspring right now. :passitleft:
Its great when they self seed, then you can be 100% guaranteed you got female seeds :)

Very nice Weaselcracker!

Yeah I wouldn't mind one self-seeding either :p I might actually throw a male/female pair in under the T5 once they're sexed and stuff. I'm not really sure how I should go about it. I always figured you planted them under 12/12, with no vegetation time at all.

Vegging for three weeks amounted to an extra 126 hours of light in the early stage- out of the roughly 1550 hours of light she got in total in her life.
I could have just started her right in the flowering room. It was just the way things worked out. I wanted to build a quick root system to make overwatering impossible once they were under the auto watering system. This one was in perlite but I had some of that run in coco - which is actually possible to overwater in the early stage.
Just the way I juggled things.

Vegging for three weeks amounted to an extra 126 hours of light in the early stage- out of the roughly 1550 hours of light she got in total in her life.
I could have just started her right in the flowering room. It was just the way things worked out. I wanted to build a quick root system to make overwatering impossible once they were under the auto watering system. This one was in perlite but I had some if that run in coco - which is actual possible to overwater in the early stage.
Just the way I juggled things.
I see. Yeah I was hoping to start them out 12/12 from seed under seed so I could cull out the males fairly early.

I was toying with the idea of treating one of the females with CS to make feminized seeds, but since there's so many different phenotype of it, and only 25% of F1 offspring have a chance of being like their parents, then it would probably be a stab in the dark as to what I got.

I'm not sure if they'd sex earlier under straight 12/12 from the start - as opposed to a few weeks of 18/6 first. My impression is that the plants just count the number of days. :hmmmm:
When I used CS I mostly made little clones flowered early -and then would use the treated one as the 'male' to pollinate another mini-clone. The pollen didn't always seem to be that effective but I did get seeds.

I'm not sure if they'd sex earlier under straight 12/12 from the start - as opposed to a few weeks of 18/6 first. My impression is that the plants just count the number of days. :hmmmm:
When I used CS I mostly made little clones flowered early -and then would use the treated one as the 'male' to pollinate another mini-clone. The pollen didn't always seem to be that effective but I did get seeds.
Oh true I guess they'd still take 3 weeks to show sex anyhow.

Yeah that's been the only way I've done it successfully too. I wonder those if plants that are this size and in this style of growing would even make enough branches to really clone off though. I have a little bubbler cloner and can clone very small cuts, but still, I wonder if it would be better to just try to reverse one of the plants I get from seed if I wanted to try to make feminized seeds with them.

But there's still the fact that it's an F1 so I don't think the offspring would really be much like the parent plant. Inbreeding (essentially what's being done with the CS pollen through self pollination right?) of F1 varieties tend to make more offspring that are like the P1 or P2 plant rather than the F1 variety. At least that's what I've read... How'd the seeds you got turn out?

Yeah I also feel like it would go against the grain to cut clones from the 12/12 fs plants.
Good question to the seeds. I'm trying to think if I've ever even grown any out.... you know I don't think I have! All the random crosses I've grown out have been from male pollen. Lol.
The last time I produced seeds with CS it was with a couple Critical Cheese mini- clones. They struggled- partly because they turned out a little too small for one gallon pots in sunshine mix- and I was away a bunch at that time and had to stick them on the same auto-watering schedule as the rest.
So the plants were mini- and the funny thing is- the seeds are mini too. Really mini! They look perfectly mature - but they're the smallest pot seeds I've seen.
I'm almost tempted to get off my lazy ass and dig them out of wherever they are and take a look at them and see if they sprout.

Re the breeding not only do I know very little about it- mainly I just don't have the time and space in the grow to get methodical or even really look into that interesting can of worms. I've had many happy results from just throwing the dice though.

Some extra frosty buds of C99

To be honest the camera really doesnt do it any justice, when I look at it through the loupe I get lost in a magic world of crystals. I think I got both the grapefruit and pineapple phenos, the pineapple pheno smells just like pineapples while the grapefruit pheno smells like stale sweat :). Fantastic buzz too, a walk into a room and instantly forget why you came in, forget what you were thinking just two seconds ago kind of buzz with a narcotic sting in the tail on the comedown. Usually find myself nodding off 2 - 3 hours after Cindy.

malawi_day_118_d.jpg

This two are Malawis grown 12/12 from seed. The one in the foreground came to 100 grams dried and the one behind came to 119 grams dried.

41554.jpg

Another shot

napalm_day_69_b.jpg

This is a Napalm (indica dominant hybrid) again grown 12/12 from seed, came in at a 100 grams dried.

napalm_day_68.jpg

These are all grown 12/12 from seed, one behind is DP's the Ultimate came in at a disappointing 56 grams dried.

51249.jpg

All grown 12/12 from seed. Don't let anyone ever tell you its a waste of time growing 12/12 from seed they don't know what they are talking about its the only way I grow.
Do you think it is ok to use veg and bloom switch together when growing 12/12 from seed?

Back
Top Bottom