12 and 12

Cape Cod 420

420 Member
I am going to build a hoop house 12' X 16' and put W W photos in it. I live at lat. 41 and nature doesn't go 12 an 12 until Sept. 21st.

So I was wondering if I put a canvas over the greenhouse on Aug. 1st is that enough. Does it have to be complete darkness or just out of

direct sunlight???

I'm trying to get a head start on flowering. Thank You

I dont have a lot of experience, but I think the 12/12 is for indoors. I'm guessing that nature knows what to do. Let that big beautiful sun shine on those babies. That's my vote

That's early for frost on the Cape. I grew up in quincy and our frosts were closer to mid to late november. Had a few close friends that grew back in the 90s and I dont remember anyone having a problem. Also, that hoop house should help with an early frost. I would let them go and just keep a watchful eye.

I am going to build a hoop house 12' X 16' and put W W photos in it. I live at lat. 41 and nature doesn't go 12 an 12 until Sept. 21st.

So I was wondering if I put a canvas over the greenhouse on Aug. 1st is that enough. Does it have to be complete darkness or just out of direct sunlight???

I'm trying to get a head start on flowering. Thank You

I know what you're talking about - I'll try to find the guy here who did the same thing.

The White Widow is a great plant, but can be quite temperamental. It is typically an 8 week plant.

If you "flip to 12-12" on August 1st - you should finish up near the end of September. Is that your plan?

And I believe cannibis can start flowering at 13-11. Let me check.

Basically you're looking at red and far-red receptors - and light pollution.

I'll find you an article on forced flowering shortly.

Are they going to be in pots? Or in the ground? If they are in pots, you can lug them into a shed etc.

Here's a quick article to get your feet wet:

00.jpg
How To Avoid The Threat Of Cannabis Light Pollution

Hey @Old Salt ,

Do you grow outdoors too?

I think you're going to do two rounds of autos right? I may be mistaken though.

I haven't grown outdoors yet. I've worked out the logistics, and want to grow in a greenhouse that I can open up. Before I fork out that cash, I need to remodel my indoor grow,

I've force flowered outside with great results. I was only covering a 4×4 scrog though. Made a dome over the plant with hog wire, covered her up at 7pm, uncovered at 7 am. Had nice buds set by time nature hit 12/12. Good luck!

That's awesome!

The ScrOG really helped with the winds I bet.

Any issues? Or did you have a nice run?

Glad we could help amigo!

We're always happy when we see people planning ahead!

Ping us anytime with questions - and we have some pretty incredible outdoor grows here in case you want to peek in sometime for other tips & tricks.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom