16 1000w bulbs system

jbjb

hello! just wondering how high the electricty bill be if wer to run 16 1000w lights. 2 rooms 8 lights each and just flip em back 12/12
does any1 have a rough estimate? is 16 , running 8 at a time too much? what is safe before suspicion

ya i would run 8 on 12 hour then shut off and the other room turn on 8 for 12 hour. i am in canada. would the bill be extremely high?

hello! just wondering how high the electricty bill be if wer to run 16 1000w lights. 2 rooms 8 lights each and just flip em back 12/12
does any1 have a rough estimate? is 16 , running 8 at a time too much? what is safe before suspicion
if you pay the bill on time no. I hope your talking about a big house or warehouse though

If you've never grown before. I highly suggest you buy one light and try growing about 6 plants. Then, as you learn and become your experienced, then you can consider upping your lights and amount of plants. But, if you want to grow 200 plants your first time out, then you are going to be overwhelmed.

With your electricity, it's more about the sudden jump in power consumption. If you normally use 50 KW and then all of sudden you end up using 800 kw .... that's what gets peoples attention.

for me 1kwh = £.06
in the uk

so that would be (.06x8)x24=£11.52 per 24 hours thats astronomical considering a house of 2 aduts, 4 kids and a dog costs around £20 a week in power for everything including a dad very addicited to coffee (many kettle boils a day) and at least 2 computers running 24/7 (seti, boinc e.t.c).

if you have that kind of money to fork out i strongly suggest getting set up in wind and solar to reduce your very obvious footprint.

edit: going through the options on your electric meter should tell you your $kwh cost...some places have dual band (day price and night price)

Wow. How big are these rooms ?

That would be a big jump in use, might want to gradually increase your usage. To figure your cost use this formula.

Here is an explination to help you figure out your own usage...
I found the formula... this assumes $0.12 per KW hour price... (If you pay a different amount change the formula below)

Explination = Watts used by device (a 400 watts HPS) X hours used over the course of a month = total watt hours
Example = 400 watts x 24 hours/day x 30.5 days/month = 292,800 Total Watt-hours

Explination = now you have to convert Wh (watt hours) to kWh (kilowatt hours) Wh / 1000 = kWh
Example = 292,800 Wh / 1000 Wh = 293 kWh

Explination = now take you kWH and multiply it by the price you pay your electric provider
Eample = 293 kWh x 12¢/kWh = $35.16/mo.; $422/yr.

When you buy electricity they charge you by the kilowatt-hour (kWh). When you use 1000 watts for 1 hour, that's a kilowatt-hour.

for me 1kwh = £.06
in the uk

so that would be (.06x8)x24=£11.52 per 24 hours thats astronomical considering a house of 2 aduts, 4 kids and a dog costs around £20 a week in power for everything including a dad very addicited to coffee (many kettle boils a day) and at least 2 computers running 24/7 (seti, boinc e.t.c).

if you have that kind of money to fork out i strongly suggest getting set up in wind and solar to reduce your very obvious footprint.

edit: going through the options on your electric meter should tell you your $kwh cost...some places have dual band (day price and night price)

indeed so at $0.12 you would be paying (using 8kws worth of lights)

(.12x8)x24=$23.04 a day in electric, $645.12 per lunar month(28 days) or $8409.60 per annum

no one can give u an accurate cost without knowing what u pay for ur elec per unit. ive run large grows with 30 600w hps in a regular 4 bed house with no problems. but i live in a diff country to u and it depends if u pay ur bills. i have a suggestion that will work but u'll need to pm me

sorry just realised u cant pm me, unfortunately i cant discuss certain methods on an open forum.

im having difficulty with this conversation...i hold strong views about paying ones own way, and you could be offering perfectly benign advice.

but since your uk also im sure you understand that we british growers get slammed for using other peoples electric. its one of thier chief arguments against us here. " we smash walls in rented accomodation and selfishly steal other peoples electricity"

shit man lets face it growing this stuff is practically printing money.

if he has too many lights to pay for electric...then ebay some and grow a smaller crop..then pay for stealth upgrades and such....

but like i said, im sure you wouldnt be offering such advice and certainly not on such a forum as this one, where we are trying to win the war...not just a few battles ;)

a usefull tool for stealth...i use this one.

lots of cheap ass computers running boinc or similar.

my 'cover' actually helped crack the human genome and i put in several thousand hours per year looking into space for alien signals, lol.

if you get inspected...thats your electric costs right there (just dont run em at same time as lights)

BOINC

Virtual Host Frozen | Information Technology Services

SETI@home

Back
Top Bottom