1st grow, autoflower - How close to harvest? How much damage done?

kreikrei

420 Member
Hi guys,

My apologies for bad trichome pictures, my hand is too shaky and I just couldnt stabilize the usb microscope.

This is my first grow. Almost killed my babies by underfeeding and underwatering them on week 5 (lost all fan leaves), but they seem to have bounced back. Its day 89, should have finished by now (based on grow diaries on this strain), but my underfeeding might have delayed the harvest a week or two probably

Strain: Banana kush auto by anesia seeds
Biobizz light mi and nutes (grow, bloom, topmax, activera, algamic)
Day 87
3x3 tent ,
390watt of light (kingbrite +mars ts1000)
temps good, but last 3 weeks a bit too hot - 90-100F
Humidity decent - about 40%

PROBLEMS during grow:
a) Almost killed them on week 5 due to underfeeding. All fan leaves yellowed and died.,
b) Days 70-90 from seed have been 90-100 F in tent - much too ho for an indica.
c) Nute burn after I underfed them. I think nute burn is also visible in pictures, yes?
d) Took smaller/lower buds for test (feel a decent effect, but not too strong) and hey had 2 SEEDS.
Havent seen more seeds, but they may have hermied from the stress right?

1) What DAMAGE do you see? Is it visible that the plant almost died on days 30-37? (lost all fan leaves due to severe deficiencies and underwatering) Is there any damage?
Also - the small leaves (calyx?) which are brownish in colour are VERY dry and brittle and "crunchy"

2) Does the browning of calyxes is normal or the heat might be the problem? From day 70 to day 88 it has been 90-95 Fahrenheit inside the tent, and its an indica, I also have no AC sadly.

3) Looking at full plant pictures and bad quality (sorry) trichome pics - any guess, how long to go? The plant seems to be starting to drink less. Usually I water 2.5 - 3 liters (its a 12 litre pot) and it takes about 80-96 hours to dry. Last week has been 96+ hours to dry.

Also the white pistils have been receding/not developing any new ones for the last week

Thanks for any input, folks!

hmm.jpg

lmm.jpg

rmm.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.36 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.48 PM.jpeg

Hey what’s up Kreikrei?

Welcome to 420…. when using a loupe or mini microscope magnification it’s impossible to hold a device still enough to view trichs.… snip small section of top calyx and lay on table for viewing then use a stand, a tripod or prop your device on table for stability

Your pics show fresh fluffy pistils which means she is still growing, once the pistils turn dark and crinkle inward then it’s time to scope trichs

Giant leaves are called fan leaves, small single blade leaves are sugar leaves. It appears fan leaves have been trimmed off…. fan leaves are what powers plant growth & bud development. I’d let her grow then re-evaluate ripeness in another week or two

Also your indoor temps are too high, generally speaking you want to stay below 82 degrees indoors.

Your plant looks fantastic - nicely done!!!

Nice chunky budz you have there... Good job... Yes there is some damage but at this point just rock out til she's ready.

For next go around don't strip leaves ..tuck them if you can... Can't make energy without solar panels. And I'm not seeing nutrient burn....you said they were underfed....so can't get the "burn" with out nutrients to do so....the issues imo would be from hunger and maybe watering issue.

But over all I like the way this plant looks, don't fret to much just let her finish proper.

Good luck growmie :headbanger:

Hey what’s up Kreikrei?

Welcome to 420…. when using a loupe or mini microscope magnification it’s impossible to hold a device still enough to view trichs.… snip small section of top calyx and lay on table for viewing then use a stand, a tripod or prop your device on table for stability

Your pics show fresh fluffy pistils which means she is still growing, once the pistils turn dark and crinkle inward then it’s time to scope trichs

Giant leaves are called fan leaves, small single blade leaves are sugar leaves. It appears fan leaves have been trimmed off…. fan leaves are what powers plant growth & bud development. I’d let her grow then re-evaluate ripeness in another week or two

Also your indoor temps are too high, generally speaking you want to stay below 82 degrees indoors.

Your plant looks fantastic - nicely done!!!
@HappyHazmat88
Thanks for the positives replies guys.
I got real sad, when one user elsewhere said basically cut your losses and chop off.
1) I cant get the degrees lower sadly - hot summer +no AC
2) I didnt take the fna leaves off lol - I wrote about it in the beginning.
They all died on days 30-40 from seed due to underfeeding and underwatering...
3) I thought the "burnd " tips on the smaller leaves look like nutrient burn, but this is my first grow. What do you think all of he small, brown, crunchy leaves indicate? Too much heat?

@HappyHazmat88
Thanks for the positives replies guys.
I got real sad, when one user elsewhere said basically cut your losses and chop off.
1) I cant get the degrees lower sadly - hot summer +no AC
2) I didnt take the fna leaves off lol - I wrote about it in the beginning.
They all died on days 30-40 from seed due to underfeeding and underwatering...
3) I thought the "burnd " tips on the smaller leaves look like nutrient burn, but this is my first grow. What do you think all of he small, brown, crunchy leaves indicate? Too much heat?
Hey yea you'll find a gentler approach here at 420 mag.... Positive reinforcement with help :)

So from the sounds of what you are saying... High temps - will wilt and kill leaves first then plant.
Nutrients- "underfeeding" will cause plants to take all available nutrients within it self to try to continue growth, which eventually will kill the plant.
Over/under watering - will also cause a plethora of issues ranging from yellowing dying leaves to completely drooping plant.

These could all be cause for the sugar leaves dying off... More or less.

Your in the home stretch... It's not perfect but it's your first go so I say good job....you have a product soon and can take some note from this grow and apply it to your next..... And if you start a journal here we can help from seed to harvest.

The biggest potential issue you'll have is bud rot, those crispy fried sugar leaves are an invitation to mold/fungi. Not much you can do about it, just keep a close eye on the buds and watch for grey or brown patches that seem to appear overnight.
Thanks again guys.
I can/will spot the grey stuff, but spotting brown patches ill be impossible haha. A lot of my sugar leave are brown/curled up. I try to gently remove them often.
1) Some people have told me to chop it now.
2) Some have told me to wait 7-10 days or even more.
I think Ill go with number 2 , since those answers were better argumented. Also -even with my shaky hand I didnt see a single amber trichome. Some might show up. Also also, doesnt look as frosty as other peoples grows, but that might be unreachable due to my many mistakes

I can/will spot the grey stuff, but spotting brown patches ill be impossible haha.
The brown (and grey) will show up in big patches, and very quickly. It will be fairy easy to spot. To test, give a tug of the area, if it falls out easily (and you might even see a "puff" of spores), then it's certainly rot, you'll see the damage on the inner stem of the bud.

I agree, do not harvest for a couple weeks, unless rot sets in. Best thing you can do is keep the humidity down and the air circulation up.

Hi guys,

My apologies for bad trichome pictures, my hand is too shaky and I just couldnt stabilize the usb microscope.

This is my first grow. Almost killed my babies by underfeeding and underwatering them on week 5 (lost all fan leaves), but they seem to have bounced back. Its day 89, should have finished by now (based on grow diaries on this strain), but my underfeeding might have delayed the harvest a week or two probably

Strain: Banana kush auto by anesia seeds
Biobizz light mi and nutes (grow, bloom, topmax, activera, algamic)
Day 87
3x3 tent ,
390watt of light (kingbrite +mars ts1000)
temps good, but last 3 weeks a bit too hot - 90-100F
Humidity decent - about 40%

PROBLEMS during grow:
a) Almost killed them on week 5 due to underfeeding. All fan leaves yellowed and died.,
b) Days 70-90 from seed have been 90-100 F in tent - much too ho for an indica.
c) Nute burn after I underfed them. I think nute burn is also visible in pictures, yes?
d) Took smaller/lower buds for test (feel a decent effect, but not too strong) and hey had 2 SEEDS.
Havent seen more seeds, but they may have hermied from the stress right?

1) What DAMAGE do you see? Is it visible that the plant almost died on days 30-37? (lost all fan leaves due to severe deficiencies and underwatering) Is there any damage?
Also - the small leaves (calyx?) which are brownish in colour are VERY dry and brittle and "crunchy"

2) Does the browning of calyxes is normal or the heat might be the problem? From day 70 to day 88 it has been 90-95 Fahrenheit inside the tent, and its an indica, I also have no AC sadly.

3) Looking at full plant pictures and bad quality (sorry) trichome pics - any guess, how long to go? The plant seems to be starting to drink less. Usually I water 2.5 - 3 liters (its a 12 litre pot) and it takes about 80-96 hours to dry. Last week has been 96+ hours to dry.

Also the white pistils have been receding/not developing any new ones for the last week

Thanks for any input, folks!

hmm.jpg

lmm.jpg

rmm.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.19 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.36 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 1.07.48 PM.jpeg
Without any leaves it will be difficult for her to finish building properly.
Your best bet is to keep feed her until those white pistils are red and crinkled in then just chop her.
Do you have a dry and cure process ready?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom