1st Grow - Some Yellowing

Calopolus

Ok, so I'm new here. Both to the site, and hobby.
Ive never had much of a green thumb, but a hell of a white one. Some will get the reference, some won't. Those who do, know I can at least follow directions and be patient.

What Strain is it? - Candy Cane AutoFlower
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - Hybrid, Mostly Indica
How Many Plants? - 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? - Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? - 2-3 Weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? - Fox Farms, Happy Frog
If Soil... What Size Pot? - (3) 8 Gal Pots, (1) 6 Gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? - 600W MH
Is it Air Cooled? - Yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? - 76-78 Light on 68-70 Light Off
RH of Room/Cabinet? -Unknown
PH of Medium or Reservoir? - Unknown
Any Pests? - Not that I know of
How Often are you Watering? - Once a week on average
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? - Cal/Mag Liquid 3ml Per gallon of RO water
Size or Square Footage of Room? - 4x4x7

So, Im getting some yellowing on one what appeared to be one plant. Upon inspection of pictures, it \appears to be all of them, with the worst being on one.
Its yellowing from the middle of the leaf, spreading towards the outside, with some spotting.

The more I read, the more I get worried I'm going to misdiagnose the problem.

For the last two waterings, I'm using homemade RO water with a PH of 6.1 (Adjusted down) and a TDS of 321.
For their first two, it was tap water. Our tap water is high in rust. To the point where you can see it in the bottom of the watering pail. I have two filters installed off the main, a 20 micron spun thread and a 10 Micron canister membrane style.
Those feed the water softener, which has a built in self flushing filter, according to the box.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The first two feedings are from a tap BEFORE the softener. They have never seen soft water directly.
I got an RO system and some eBay special PH meter and TDS digital indicator. I have used the test strips that came with my PH up and down bottles, seems inline with the digi meter.

My RO system does get fed with soft water. After much research, I made that decision. I do work with softeners and RO systems at work, and was actually sent to a class on them (in reference to our boiler system)

I started 3 seeds on Nov 28th. Soaked in water for 24hrs, then placed in their permanent 8gal containers. (Could be 10Gal, bought the last 3 the hydro shop had, in the biggest size he had)

Started 1 more seed on Dec 1st (6 Gal Bucket)

Had one sprout on Dec 2nd

Restarted 2 (8Gal Buckets) on Dec 7th, and those 2 (8Gal) and my (6Gal) all sprouted within 48 Hrs, on Dec 9th.

My light is about 18-20 inches from plants, and is brand new as of this grow.

Now, some leaves are turning yellow on all the plants. The worst afflicted plant is one that sprouted on the 9th.

My phone is being a real jerk, so I cant get the pictures of two of them to send to my email so I can upload them here.

It looks slightly worse in person, the MH light screws with my phone somewhat.

I'm leaning twords a Mg or Mn deficiency. But, like i said, the more I read, the more I question whats right.

20161228_061005.jpg
20161228_061000.jpg

Thanks man! For every article that says one thing, another will say something else. I'm slightly regretting autos, but only have one tent right now.

Thanks man! For every article that says one thing, another will say something else. I'm slightly regretting autos, but only have one tent right now.
Same happened to me, bought autos before i realized what i was buying. My first auto grow turned out horrible, i now grow phenos lol. :cheer:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ive heard ro water can mess with soil ph and my crop got destroyed by ph imbalance lockout, had some candy canes in there too. The yellow could be a mag or nitro def or could be the beginnings of a ph issue. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been ph stabilizing the water to around 6, not sure what the soil is. I've added more cal-mag solution. Tds is around 400 now. Their growing wonderfully, in spite of me.

Back
Top Bottom