1st indoor grow - What's up with this plant?

Justones

So this is my 1st indoor. I converted a single shower stall into my grow tent. I thought it was a brillant idea I had. I have water and a drain right there. Plus privacy of it being in a room people dont go into.

But what the heck is going on with this plant? Its royal queen special kush #1. Ive never grown this before. Its only about 6 weeks old maybe 7. Its under 24h light. I thought at first the pistols were pre flowers. But it seems to keep making them. Looks like its wanting to start budding. But the specs on the seed say its feminized photoperiod. I havent done a 12/12 on it yet.

full

full

full

full

Pink cigar time, at least (it's a girl, lol).

It does appear to be actively flowering. I can't tell for sure due to the crappy light spectrum (I have color-perception issues, so the blurple LEDs make things like this difficult for me), but it doesn't appear to be lacking in nitrogen. Is it rootbound? I wouldn't be entirely surprised if one of those things encouraged an early onset of flowering.

I've had sativa("ish") plants produce a lot of flowers in the vegetative phase. Usually with older mothers, but... IDK. Never knew what caused it. Equatorial sativas flower under 12 hours of light / 12 hours of darkness - but they spend their entire lives in that, lol, since that doesn't exactly vary on the equator. I've wondered at times if there's something more than just the number of hours of uninterrupted darkness that triggers flowering in such strains but, again, IDK.

It's been seven years or so, but - IF I'm recalling correctly - I seem to remember a Nirvana AK-48 plant producing a lot of flowers during the vegetative period. Still grew like a multiflora rose bush(*), though.

Do you have a grow journal going for this grow? It might interest people, especially already producing flowers like that.

BtW, you might want to lose the sheets of aluminum foil. It's really not all that reflective. Especially with all the wrinkles. I'd say the white shower walls would serve you better, were it not for the fact that some light will go right through most of them. Still, they might, lol. Or you could prime and paint the shower walls with the brightest white paint you can find (I'm a fan of flat, but something like eggshell or satin would give you more durability and the ability to actually clean it).

(*)Which is so tough and fast growing that, before they realized how extremely invasive the... stuff is, many highway departments planted it as barriers along roadways - because a large healthy example can stop a speeding car, lol.

I wondered too if that maybe it was mislabeling and it was in fact an auto. It's not very tall. Maybe a foot tall or so. From the dirt to the top. Not including the roots and pot.

No it has never been root bound. I up potted it a week or 1.5 weeks ago. I was already planning its next & final up potting. Its green and healthy. I had a little phosphorus deficiency a few weeks ago. But it's been good for a while. Just a little nute burn, nothing serious.

I guess I'll just leave it on 24hr light. I was expecting it to get taller than a foot. Maybe it will keep on growing and not totally bud out yet. My grow from two years ago I had 6 & 8 footers. But that was just random seed then & idk what it was other than sativa. It was an outdoor grow vs this indoor.

It seems to be an autoflower, but perhaps the 24 hour veg time freaked this plant out. I highly recommend 18-6 for vegging. Plants like to sleep.

If you don't want a small plant, I would put it into 18-6 and see if it reveges. If it doesn't, it is most likely an auto, which would do better in 18-6. I have grown all my largest autos under that lighting, 14.8oz plants, my largest being the world record holder at 2.8 pounds. Yes, dry. I have the video grow of that one.

If you don't want a small plant, I would put it into 18-6 and see if it reveges.

What would be your opinion on switching to 12/12 for a week and then going to 18/6? Pointless and unnecessarily stressful, or...

BtW, Justones, what strain is this (supposed to be)? And the breeder?

Agree on:

-It is an auto. She is flowering weeks in and she has 3 (versus 5) leaves...identifying factor of the Ruderalis in autos.
-20/4 or 18/6 is better for the plant...gives them a break and they develop roots while resting.
-White more reflective than foil
-Bigger pots = Bigger Plants...but since she is an auto you will be done in 2 months :)
-She will continue to grow, but autos in general are smaller/shorter.

You have room for more plants in there!

I'll start with an 18 daylight tonight. I'll have to do it manually as I didnt get my timer yet. I'll pick one up tommorow.

I went ahead and up potted it today also. It was something I was already planning with potting.

As I stated before it was sold a Royal Queen seeds Special Kush #1. And it does have 5 leaves not just 3.

Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom