Here are a couple pics from feeding tonight

Attachments

• 20200713_211859.jpg
    20200713_211859.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20200713_211618_HDR.jpg
    20200713_211618_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
So today is the start of week 5 shes looking great. But i was wondering if i could take some of theses little leads off to help with air flow and make the tips bigger and better any advice is greatly appreciated ?

Attachments

• 20200714_180601_HDR.jpg
    20200714_180601_HDR.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200714_180516_01.jpg
    IMG_20200714_180516_01.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200714_173321.jpg
    20200714_173321.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
I don't think it would be wrong to cut selective leaves to give more light to the flowers and have better air flow.
from searching around and reading threads i've seen growers cut majority of the BIG leaves of a branch to have bigger and more yield. but i would wait until more of a exparinced member can awnsre.

Thanks PK1 i was thinking the same thing I've been reading and learning trying to figure it out. I've seen how opinions \differ from some growers to others and some even strip them almost bare thanks for the advice :passitleft::passitleft:

i flipped the time on her about 4-5 days a go when i found out she was a female. After that i've cut down majority of the big selective leaves to allow light and air pass throw. The new leave developments are getting bigger, but thats it for haircuts for now.
2020-07-16 11.16.51.jpg

i was also gona mention, i think i see some leaves with burn marks, maybe knock down on your nutrients for couple feeding rounds or just give it simple tap water to lower the nutir build up.

i flipped the time on her about 4-5 days a go when i found out she was a female. After that i've cut down majority of the big selective leaves to allow light and air pass throw. The new leave developments are getting bigger, but thats it for haircuts for now.
2020-07-16 11.16.51.jpg
:hmmmm: IMO you did your defoliation too early...I wait till about week 3 maybe closer to 4 weeks before I defoliate...and only a few at a time(15 to 20) so as to not shock them, and then again only the ones that are way yellow...now on my scrogs I do all the training in veg...prune branches and bigger leaves, before you put them in flower...big difference :thumb:
I seen them when i was turning her last nite and forgot to ask what the cause of burn could be. Thanks for the advice tonite is feed nite again so ill dial back the nutes starting then.
How many weeks are you? I usually stop feeding by week 5 or 6 and nothing but water after that :popcorn:

:hmmmm: IMO you did your defoliation too early...I wait till about week 3 maybe closer to 4 weeks before I defoliate...and only a few at a time(15 to 20) so as to not shock them, and then again only the ones that are way yellow...now on my scrogs I do all the training in veg...prune branches and bigger leaves, before you put them in flower...big difference :thumb:

How many weeks are you? I usually stop feeding by week 5 or 6 and nothing but water after that :popcorn:
its in week1

Today makes the beginning of week 6

lol! i got confused who he was talking too :rofl:

you live and learn my friend lol. i did do allot of pruning and leave cutting in veggative stage. this difoliation was just to allow the new growth but rather where the buds are coming out to have more light.
The plant is loving it tho and the new leaves have already growned.

Today makes the beginning of week 6
Yep I'd be giving nothing but water by now, but that's just me, some people do a flush, but, IMO flushing does nothing but stress the plant....
I've actually been doing an experiment :nerd-with-glasses: by starving the plant, starting at week 4 or 5 depending on strain, I do nothing but water, but then I'll let the plant start to droop a little, leaves and all, like drying out in veg, and then water...I'm doing this and finding my girls smell and taste much better, really brings the fruity tastes out in my Gorilla Skittles, and my Blackberry Gum tastes like Captain Crunch Berries :yummy::yummy: just my 2 cents :popcorn:

you live and learn my friend lol. i did do allot of pruning and leave cutting in veggative stage. this difoliation was just to allow the new growth but rather where the buds are coming out to have more light.
The plant is loving it tho and the new leaves have already growned.
Oh it's a matter of opinion my friend, not saying you're wrong, and your plants look good :thumb: I'm just stating what I do..."there's more ways than one to skin a cat" Don't tell my wife I put it like that though :rofl:

Oh it's a matter of opinion my friend, not saying you're wrong, and your plants look good :thumb: I'm just stating what I do..."there's more ways than one to skin a cat" Don't tell my wife I put it like that though :rofl:
that is true, deffinitly different methods on growing. In all honesty i'd like to get the my hydro setup right DYI ofcurse.
to my understanding the more light the buds and nutri the plant and buds get the better. but then again with the stress level these plants went throw until flower i'd be surprise for a good yield. atleast i am not keeping my hopes high but will see

Back
Top Bottom