1st time grow, experiencing problems and need your help!

Update: So as you can see, I'm finally seeing some bushing on the top. In the second picture you'll notice some light burn on two leaves. Came home one day and she had grown about 1/2" into the light. Those leaves were touching the bulb directly.

Short stack is in her new home. Glad I listened and split em on up because sure enough they were joining roots. Luckily it wasn't major, only two or three small thin roots were broke. Hopefully that doesn't cause me anymore stress. I know I need better lights, but as I said I'm making due with what I have and can afford.

Thanks guys! My next venture is still to top the large plant in a few places to encourage better growth.
0011310.JPG

0021312.JPG

0031249.JPG

Nice to see them separated bro :goodjob: Topping is fairly simple if you choose too, just cut back to the last set of nodes or branches, you could clone these cuttings if you wanted.

Example: Red Line -Any topping should be cut close to the last set of branches (nodes).
Clipboard0125.jpg

I cant really see what the top is like but if its developed enough with the two nodes and central tip you can "pinch" the tip out for the same result.
Im kinda noobi so theres plenty of info on how to top and clone in our "How To Grow Marijuana" in the Grow Room forum for a better explanation and examples. Hope this helps bro its all a bit scary first time but once you've done it a couple of times you will become much more confident.

Thanks man! And I'm going to put myself through some learning tonight when I get home. Watch some videos and do some reading, and give it a shot.

6500kelvin CFL light would be your best bet. Put them 1-3 inches away.

You can get them at walmart or even on occasion dollar store. Just make sure they are 6400k or 6500k light spectrum. If they arnt it may cause some stretching.

It kinda looks like the PH in the water was off, and you might have some Nutes locked up. I wonder what type of Nitrate ( NoS) you got in there. Nitrate will make plants claw real easy. You can add some Magnesium Sulphate ( Epsom Salt ) it will squash any bad Nitrates out of the plant. You should use Calcium Nitrate in Organic grows. Just make sure the PH is at 6.5 so the Zinc won't get locked out. You might have some of that going on here now... Anyway's good luck. I hope it works out for you. :Namaste:

is this zinc def ?

IMG_149918.JPG
IMG_149422.JPG

Back
Top Bottom