1st time grow, experiencing problems and need your help!

Got it all figured out, here you go guys :thanks:

Plant update 05/05/2013 - YouTube

010698.JPG

008833.JPG

006953.JPG

0051098.JPG

DON'T TAKE ANY OUT ! Thats totally ridiculous , telling people to rip out their plants because they "HERD" anything is totally irresponsible. You wont have to look far in our journals to find more than one female sharing a pot or container and flowering with no problems.

Hey the new growth looks good, since you can't flush just do as you have and keep her watering as light as you can. Because you have the fertilizer pellets in the soil if you can't remove or neutralize them you cant do much to stop the fert release when watering so you may have to suffer the burn throughout the grow. Still recommend you get a couple more lights in there. What are their light hours at the moment ?

I agree, I've never seen two plants in the same pot experience any troubles except for maybe lighting. Regardless they are going to be split up soon. The taller plant will likely go into a 5gal bucket, so I can bury it a little deeper to make it shorter. I'm 5'10 and she's nearly at my waist.

Will topping the plant, and some branches make it bush up some more? I'm happy with the height, I just wanna see it bush up. I know it likely won't really bush out until my lighting situation is addressed, but I'm still curious. Currently Dasher, I have them on a 24hr light. I figure with the amount of light I have right now, heat and light stress aren't of concern.

If I do swap buckets, will this be a prime time change medium? Or should I just stick with the MG since the plant is used to it?

Mate i cant really advise you about topping your plant as i haven't done a lot of it. I believe it could help if you gave your plant a little lights off period or maybe couldnt hurt to drop it to 22/20 hrs and see, but thats my opinion and others may believe differently just think everything kind of sleeps. Glad to hear your transplanting out you can get control of your ferts again too,I believe MG should be fine . Remember it has fert in it so you wont need to add any for a while. Hang in there bro read as much as you can and your efforts will be rewarded your only going to become better at this as you go along :scratchinghead::reading420magazine::yummy::bongrip: enjoy the ride.

Your plants need to either:

1. be closer to the light
2. need more light
3 both

That plant is super stretching. Its growing like that because its trying to get closer to light asap. Also just to double check its got 6500k spectrum or mh right? Wanted to check because flowering bulbs like 2700k cfl or hps will also cause stretch.

As for the 2 plants in one pot. I would move the smallest one asap before their roots get too intertwined. The longer you wait the more damage you will cause when breaking the two plants apart.

I honestly have no idea what kind of lights they are. I know, I know, that's stupid. But what I do know is that they are 65w halogen grow bulbs that can be bought at practically every retail store.

I'm splitting the plants this week. I believe its stretching do to a lack of light. I 100% agree with all of you that it needs alot more light, so that is of most importance right now.

Okay y'all, made some progress I feel like today. Got a new light as you'll see in the video/pics. They are fluorescent plant lights. May not be perfect, but I have $5.00 in the fixture and four bulbs so they're perfect for this guy! A fellow grower was having issues with it, said he couldn't get it to work, guess he was too stoned to realize you have to twist these into the sockets. Took a chance and it paid off.

Sorry if I'm burning y'all out with the vids, but I feel like you guys can really see whats going on when its in motion! BTW, Forgive me for forgetting to turn my tunes down in this one. But check out my room, its really coming together.

Thanks everyone for the help! Will continue to update and ask for advice as I go.

Thanks man. I'm undecided right now on splitting them up at all. I really don't see it being an issue. But considering one may be ready to switch to flowering before the other I probably should.

If you do split them i would worry more about disturbing the smaller plants root structure as the larger should handle any root loss/disturbance better. Depending on how much root interweaving there is it may be better to cut through the soil around the little one and separate it in a clump rather than try to pull them all apart which could leave alot of your fine roots torn off.

Gotta say she's a leggy bitch, some sativa strains will be tall no matter how much light you throw at them, what strain is yours do you know ?

I know right! The only thing I can figure on her height is she stretched alot due to a lack of light, and I've never cropped or topped this plant in any way. The strain is a mystery to me. Seeds came from a friend and some I had. Planted 13 seeds, 3 popped, 1 was snapped.

Any advice on topping to make this thing bush up some?

Another thing, I am starting to see signs of sex I believe. Appear to be pistols, I will try to take a picture and show you guys.

first of all split the 2 plants asap. u dont want roots intertwining as u'll cause more damage wen seperating and leaving more dead matter in soil also, which could cause probs if ur not using enzyms.

u need better lighting they are very stretchy. u wont be to flower under them lights as the look to be blue spectrum.

That aside get some twisty ties and top and tie down, that will help and give u more heads if u get better lighting. def do not add any nutrient until plants are rooted substancially and plants are asking for feed. they def dont need any now and def not totato feed.

The plants were already stretching before adding this new light. Since adding the long lights, they've began to bush more on the ends of the branches. As far as not being able to flower, I'm going to have to attempt it because I have no other options. Money is seriously tight right now. So I'm having to prioritize over top of my plants at the moment.

Honestly when I planted the seeds I had, I honestly hadn't expected to even make it this far. Later on down the road when I'm in a posistion to use HPS lights, along with the know-how I'm gaining right now, I expect to see much better results. This grow for me is more of a learning experience for sure! I'm not expecting buds the size of VW by any means haha!

I'm extremely gratefull for all the suggestions and advice! I'm growing with this just as much as my plants! Growing is certainly better suited for someone with a budget. So for now, I'm going to do what I can, and see what happens.

I'll update you all tomorrow with the new replant and recent pics. I'm still unsure on how to top, or even which branches to top.

Back
Top Bottom