1st time grow, experiencing problems and need your help!

Duramax5124

First time grow, not really sure whats going on. My plant is growing in run of the mill MG. Had been using bottled water until recently I discovered my ph appears to be too low. Have used rain water for my last three sessions. Using one CFL grow light and a 65w plant light from walmart. This issue has been slowly progressing for about a week, I believe it may be a calcium or nitrogen problem from what I've been reading. Watch the video in my link below to see it for yourself. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Trying to correct this problem before it becomes serious.

Marijuana problems - YouTube

Thanks, -Dmax

I don't believe over watering is to blame here, I barely have a run-off when I water. The leaves have a dry feel to them. This isn't a one time thing, leaves weren't wet with lights on. If you look at the droop of the larger leaves and its cupping downward. And the speckeled spots on the lower leaves. I can't pinpoint it.

It kinda looks like the PH in the water was off, and you might have some Nutes locked up. I wonder what type of Nitrate ( NoS) you got in there. Nitrate will make plants claw real easy. You can add some Magnesium Sulphate ( Epsom Salt ) it will squash any bad Nitrates out of the plant. You should use Calcium Nitrate in Organic grows. Just make sure the PH is at 6.5 so the Zinc won't get locked out. You might have some of that going on here now... Anyway's good luck. I hope it works out for you. :Namaste:

Now do you know if scented epsom salt will harm the plant? And if not, how much should I dose the plant with?

I have never seen scented epsom salt... IDK?, but a 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water for a nute flush I don't think it would matter. That's got me all messed up now, I wouldn't want to cause you more problems than you have now. You know what I mean? Your plant was in bad shape, so first and foremost you should flush it's system with some ph'd water and then just check it how, and see what she does then.

I'll give it a shot. I'm going to try it with a different salt though, because what I have is indeed scented. I'm going to spend some time tomorrow to balance some water out. The spring water, filtered water, and rain water all three are very low on the ph scale. My tap water is VERY alkaline, so perhaps mixing the two I'll be able to find the right balance. I don't believe I'm to late to correct these issues though. The plant is still growing, still very green everywhere else, and smelling very skunky to be as young as it is... Honestly you can smell it when you open the closet. So maybe there's hope. If not, my smaller one is making quick progress and perhaps I'll have a second chance. Out of seeds so I gotta make it work!

I watch video's from the company I buy my seeds from. And I look for the strain I am growing of course. And they keep their water at 5.5
and starting at like the 2nd week into Flower...they flush the plants with 5.5 PH water that's triple the amount of the container they grow in and then they let it dry out for like 5 day's not giving the plant nothing. They say it pulls Oxygen into the root zone has help's develop the buds and promotes more crystals on the cola's. They say do this at least 3 times, so that's like every other week after week 2...
And they said this was their growing secret for extra special fruit and oils. I am most definitely doing it this grow I am doing now with my Jack Herer plant. :hookah:

the mg is too hot. they are very stretchy also, not enough light. try getting stronger or more bulbs on it. chaances are u will have issues in flower using mg due to the timed release nutes. plants will look nice and green and healthy during veg then leaves will most likely turn yellow and die off in flower earlyish. ive seen it happen many times. the plant will pull around as roots get stronger and once it has transplant to mj specific soil. otherwise u may regret growing in mg. just my experienced observation mate.

I watch video's from the company I buy my seeds from. And I look for the strain I am growing of course. And they keep their water at 5.5
and starting at like the 2nd week into Flower...they flush the plants with 5.5 PH water that's triple the amount of the container they grow in and then they let it dry out for like 5 day's not giving the plant nothing. They say it pulls Oxygen into the root zone has help's develop the buds and promotes more crystals on the cola's. They say do this at least 3 times, so that's like every other week after week 2...
And they said this was their growing secret for extra special fruit and oils. I am most definitely doing it this grow I am doing now with my Jack Herer plant. :hookah:

thats from greenhouse seeds right? thats only true if u are mimicking exactly what they are doing. i.e conditions, media and feed schedule. i also starve plants then give strong feeds and introduce dry spells. its does have an effect and can make the plant more hardy. but done at the wrong time in the wrong manner it can cause multiple issues. so be carefull following there vids if u not mimicking exact. timing is important.

YES...Greenhouse Seeds Videos. Hey thanks for the heads up on that Cultivator. They just flopped it out there like "Yeah, do this."
I know if I were to do this now...I would come back to something messed up. Again, thanks for the heads up!!!!!

:thanks:

I don't have much of an option on soil at the moment, my options are limited, and I chose what I thought was best. The others were laced with heavy fert. This MG is as simple as I could find. As far as lighting I know, and I'm working on getting another bulb to set up. I'm going to continue a flush of ph'ed water to cool that MG off and cleanse the plant. I believe some 20-20-20 and tomato plant food will help her out. Just wanna keep it simple and get her healthy.

Duramax, if you tell me the exact MG soil I can tell you what you need to do.

Also flushing time released chem nutes does exactly the opposite of what you are wanting to do. You will overload the plant with too much nutes and kill it.

Adding the tomato food is a big mistake also. More light is going to make the biggest difference.
The plant is very spindly so the roots are sparse too. That keeps the pot from drying out between watering.
Like was said flushing is going to make things worse with the MG. Let it dry until the leaves droop.

Adding the tomato food is a big mistake also. More light is going to make the biggest difference.
The plant is very spindly so the roots are sparse too. That keeps the pot from drying out between watering.
Like was said flushing is going to make things worse with the MG. Let it dry until the leaves droop.

I have MG Potting mix with Micromax, feeds plants up to 6 months. I took my CFL down, and placed another 65w plant bulb in its place. I'm doing what I can on the lighting at the moment. Also put an 11" box fan in the closet with it. I watered it the day before yesterday, soil is still moist but the plant hasn't worsened any. Actually grown some, and the leaves have started to uncup and regain their color slightly.

Why is the tomato plant food a bad idea? I've read alot on here that even reccomends it to plants that appear to be Nitrogen defficient.

Thank you guys for everything! I'm doing the best I can for my green lady.

It doesn't need added fertilizer. Like you said the MG has 6 months worth built in. Everyone has said it's too much for
the plant, adding even more from another source is going to make it worse. If the plant doesn't burn up it will eventually
use up what already in the soil. It's no where near that point. Let it dry out longer between watering.

Back
Top Bottom