1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

Salt buildup..
Maybe on the next grow, try a feed, feed, water schedule..
Or a feed, feed, 1/2 strength schedule.
Soil can build up salts pretty fast if you're not flushing it through at least once a week.

I was supposed to feed them one last time on Wednesday. But, since they are showing issues with burn .... I'm just skipping the last feeding. From today on, they get water only till harvest. Today is day 41 of flower. So, I only have a couple weeks left anyway. Time for the flush.

The local guys here are telling me it doesn't matter much at this stage anyway. Flushing would be the remedy anyway. Which is going to make the plants look like hell anyway.

Get some hygrozyme that will take care of the salt build up and the uptake of nutes. Even cleans the soil and break down dead roots and turn that into food. You sure its nute burn? I thought BPN is organic. Its pretty hard to burn using organics. It looks like a salt build up to me. Nute burn will start from the tips and peel the leaf back

How does an enzyme take care of the salt build up?

I am using all organic BPN .... I thought you didn't have to worry about salt build ups with organic. I thought the salt came from the chemical nutes. Flushing should also rinse out the salts shouldn't it??

yes sir but you should do a 3 to1 flush because the salts will just settle at the bottom.
even molasses has sodium in it and maybe your water. but a water flush should help and the last part of the flush add a 1/2 strength fert:)

Flushing will rinse out the build up also. But I think BPN has salt in it also, pretty much all nutes. Jandre may have talked about it once. I dont think its alot though. I just think once you flush it then what about the next 3 weeks you have of flower? Are you seeing any problems with the buds? It doesnt seem bad. Its just a couple rust spots. Also it maybe from calcium. I wouldnt worry to much about it unless your seeing problems with the buds. Its not nute burn though. Also do you still have that heater hanging? The access heat may dry out the leaves closest to it and that will cause a salt build because the plant will try to replace the moister in the leaves from the roots.

Yeah I have the heater in there still. It only brings the temps up to 75 degrees. And, it hangs above the plants. I did have it blowing on the plants when I first put it in there. I did make some leaves wilt ... but that was pretty obvious.

The buds look fine. They are a little smaller than I would prefer .... but hoping that changes in the next couple weeks. I did notice that some (maybe 25-30 percent) of the hairs are starting to turn orange. But other than that, they all look great.

As for the next three weeks of flower. I am using Subcool Super Soil (my own mix). It has enough nutes in it that you could probably get away with using no nutes at all. Most of the TGA growers only use super soil and don't add any nutes. But, I have been using the BPN the whole time. I only have 5 gallon pots .... so I don't think I have enough soil to try it all natural with no nutes. I have 7 gallon pots ready for the next go around. All the local growers here tell me that I should not use any nutes the last 2 weeks of flower. This way, it burns out the fertilizer and chlorophyl and other nasty stuff you wouldn't want to smoke. It makes the final product much smoother .... with no harshness at all. I've tried some of thier stuff and it's some fantastic shit. So, I'm going to try that and see how it works. But, it does make the plant feed off itself and the leaves tend to yellow and look like hell.

Well I would say your in good shape. I wouldnt worry about it much then. Leaves will yellow any way and your plants its pretty much about that time for them to start feeding off them selves. Its natural for plants to do this during the middle till harvest. Hope the LA Kush plump up in the next 3 weeks. Get some kool bloom or AN bud ignitor or BIG BUD. I think AN products area all organic.

BPN has all that stuff ..... but, I think the Nutes (over use) is the cause of my problems. I think my plants are "OD"ing a bit. I think the hardest part for me right now is to just water and wait and see what happens .... I have this overwhelming urge to try and "do something" to make it better. But, I'm sure anything I attempt will just make it worse .... LOL. Just have to wait and see.

But, wouldn't the cal defficiency be from lock out due to overfeeding? What else would cause it??

Not really. It could be from lack of calcium. Im just throwing the calcium out there because that also shows rust spots on plants. But it will all come from a salt build up. If those leaves are from just one plant and that plant is closer to the heat source I put my money on heat stress which cause it to try to replace the moister in the leaves. If not I still say salt build up and then as you said you will flush to get the access salt out. I dont believe its from nute burn. You havent over fed this whole time and I dont believe you would start now lol :)

Hey Mutt!
I'd try to fight the urge to add..
No matter what it is, (IMO over fert).
The only thing that's going to do you any good at this point is flush.
Even if it is deficient in Cal/mag adding at this point could get you into more trouble.
You don't know what could still be lurking in the bottom of those pots..
If you do feel the need to fert, I'd suggest what fish said and give em 1/2 strength nuties at the END of the flush.

think you already have your answer right here..

The local guys here are telling me it doesn't matter much at this stage anyway. Flushing would be the remedy anyway.

yeah what Vick said :)

Yeah I agree ......

Back
Top Bottom