1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

I dropped the seedling/rapid rooters into the party cups and put them back under the T5's. As long as 1 or 2 make it .... and are females, I'll be good. I can always clone more from the seedlings.

For some reason, I was under the impression that you leave seedlings under the dome until you see roots coming out. But, then again .... this is my first go around with seeds. Been working with clones only up till now. Good news is ..... I'm learning.

after they pop I give them the day in there but after that I plant them right up to the leaves so they dont stretch anymore and fall over:)

I have done dirt before .... with other seeds. But, with the price of Mj seeds, I want to do whatever is more of a "sure thing". Everyone I've talked too has said the rapid rooters is the way to go. They actually worked really really well. And, there was no need to handle the newly germinated seeds. My only problem was that I misunderstood what I was told. I should have taken the dome off as soon as I saw the first new leaves. I kept it on too long and the stems got soft.

you aint done the wrong thing to us:)
just a not so happy thing to your girls, guess I may have killed a plant or 70 :)

Well,

I had to do away with my other clone box. It was basically Death Row. I couldn't get anything else to grow in there because there were just too many ghosts of dead plants in there .... LOL. I imagine it was a slow painful death in there .... LOL.

Copy what ya need ..... that's why I posted it. So, maybe someone else can use some of the ideas in thier grow.

Day 33 of Flowering ..............

Here's all three ladies. They really seem to like where they live.

Ladies6.JPG

The Maui Wowie is really starting to impress me. It's really starting to stack up some monster buds.

Maui_Flower_34.JPG

Maui_flower_3.JPG

Maui_Flower_4.JPG

Maui_Flower_34.JPG

Maui_Flower_2.JPG

The LA Kush just doesn't seem to want to make as many buds. I have a feeling it will be light and airy buds ...............

LA_Kush_Flower_2.JPG

LA_Kush_Flower1.JPG

The GDP is making some monster buds. But what is really impressing me is the amount of trichomes it's pumping out. These leaves will make fantastic hash.

GDP_Flower_4.JPG

GDP_Flower_3.JPG

GDP_Flower_2.JPG

Since I'm not doing to good with my querkle beans (my fault), I decided to drop some beans on the 2nd of Dec. Once the males are identified and purged, that should leave enough to run in the second grow.

Magic_Beans.JPG

Can't veg anything ..... no damn light yet. Should be here tomorrow .............

Waiting_Patiently_For_New_Light.JPG

I'm nursing the querkle along. I know at least 2 or 3 will make it ........................

Seedlings_2.JPG

Seedlings37.JPG

And, lastly, here's the last few clones I have. They area in great shape now.

Nursery7.JPG

Right on Mutt.
Love how clean that cab is!
Amazing what a good idea, construction and a few coats of paint can do..

buds are stacking up nicely in that scrog!
:goodjob:

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Didn't expect it to work out this well on my first grow.

I'm only going to give nutes for another 9 days. After that it's only water till they finish up. A friend who is a seasoned grower taught me to stop nutes about 14 days from harvest. That way, they plants draw out most of the chlorophyl and what not. He (and many other guys he knows) does this and his buds taste so perfect. And, they have no hint of harshness at all. But, have fantastic flavor.

Its not over yet for the LA Kush, Since you said its half of LA Confidential it may not produce much at first since the genetics of the LA C harvest only 150g. Light yield but fantastic smoke, grade A!. Other then that very good grow going on here. I wouldve love to see how that scrog wouldve panned out in a V Scrog? The OG And GDP is taking up the outsides very well. i will be having a V scrog on my next run.

Looking real nice!! Your buds look super tasty; I mean to say this every time I look at your nugs to be ;)

I feel like your flush might be coming too early; unless all three strains will be finished at 8 weeks of flowering.
I agree with 2 weeks flush, but if they go 10 weeks... you're missing out on 2 weeks of nutes!:morenutes:

I have not finished a grow yet, so take my comment as such. I was just looking at my schedule, and my flush isn't coming for another ~2.5 weeks (im going for 9 weeks on the vanilla kush) and we flipped on the same day.

That's true. They all say 8 weeks. I'm counting back from the 56 day mark. If at 56 days, I see that they still need a week or two, I can always give them a "Nute" treat. And then continue the flushing for the extra weeks.

I got my light and carbon filter today. So, the new box is now completely finished (ish) and is up and running. I had to drill a couple extra holes in the vegging area because the temps got a little too high. But, it seems to be leveling off now. I hope the temps and humidity fall into place without the needs for any engineering gymnastics.

Here's what the final product looks like ...........................

DSCF05572.JPG

DSCF05561.JPG

DSCF05582.JPG

Unfortunately, the temps where getting too high. It got over 90. I had to drill three holes in the upper right hand side of the veg area to ensure more of the hot air gets sucked out. But, still couldn't get the temps down. So, I had to drill three more holes in the bottom left corner. I'll be plugging them with the same round vent covers. Now my temps are staying around 80 degrees and my humidity is around 45 RH. I can deffinitely live with that.

The air gets sucked out through the drying rack area. The Veg and Clone areas areas are connected to the drying rack area with vents. The drying rack gets it's air first from the clone area. Then it travels through vents into the veg area. Then, it gets sucked into the drying area. But, there still wasn't enough airflow. So, I had to drill a couple holes in the bottom of the veg area. It needed more air flow to dissipate that heat. It's running fine now. The clone area is hovering at about 79.5 degrees and the humidity is about 55%. The veg area is now hovering around 85 (at the top) and the RH is about 45%. Haven't had a chance to get a temp and humidity for the drying rack area yet.

I have some rope rachets for the light. Just haven't gotten around to hanging them yet. I figured I'd just stick the light on the hooks and fire it up to get a good idea of what the heat will be like. Plus, the clone area is on top of the veg area. So, I wanted it as close to the ceiling as possible. That way, the heat in the clone area would be about as bad as it would get ..... giving me a good idea of temps and ventilation needs. I'll fine tune as I get it all dressed out. I still need a couple digital temp/humidity guages in there. I had to steal the one that was in the other big flowering box to check the temps/RH.

Back
Top Bottom