1st Time Grower Box Build - 1st Clones And New Grow - Maui Wowie - GDP - LA Kush

LOL .... if you lived closer to me, I'd come over and build you one.

Now that would cost you an arm and a leg .... LOL.

Thanks guys .... got some white paint and vents. I'd like to get it painted and finish up the doors (handles and weather stripping).

Querkle is pretty popular up here. Most of the dispenseries/collectives have it. But, most keep it as top shelve and charge more for it. Very heavy body stone and couch lock.

As for the box ..... I started painting it today. Should have it done by tonight. OH ... did I happen to mention ....... I FUCKING HATE PAINTING!!!!!!!!!! I have it all over me. OH .. and paint the inside of the box before putting in the rails for the drying racks ... pain in the ass to paint around. I'll post up some pics after it's painted.

love you bro but I would have painted it all first:)
(I know smartass)the cabnet is well made brother and well planed Other then ThE PAINT PART:rofl:
nice work :thumb:

And how the fuck did I get paint on the back of my neck?? It on my earlobe ..... the back of my elbow. I'll be finding paint for days. Plus, I had to climb inside to paint some of the stuff. Next time I'm just gonna buy white wood.

Here's a peek at the progress ..... almost done ... just need some touch ups here and there.

DSCF05231.JPG

DSCF05241.JPG

DSCF05254.JPG

DSCF05263.JPG

Here is the vents I used in the box. I put 2 in the back. 2 in the Clone/Seed box. And 2 at the bottom of the Veg area. The air will come in through the Clone area, get heated a little. Then, it will get sucked down into the Veg area .... where it will get heated even more. Then, that warm air will all get sucked into the drying rack area. Where it will enter at the bottom and travel up through the drying buds and out through the top .... where the carbon filter will be. Hopefully it will work right. If not, I can always redesign it as I go.

In case anyone is wondering. Those are vents for your eaves on your house. They work well for many things.

DSCF05272.JPG

Here is the nursery with the lights put back in.

DSCF05292.JPG

Here's a peek at the Baby Girls (I hope they're all girls) .....

DSCF05284.JPG

As soon as I see roots coming out of the cubes, i'll stick them in dirt. I have to water and feed my flowering girls later after dinner. I'll post up some update pics when I get all that done.

Thanks guys .... that means alot. I'm still getting all the details worked out. I ordered a 400w Ipower MH/HPS ballast, bulb (MH and HPS), reflector, yo yo's, timer, fan, carbon filter and speed controller. Got em all on amazon for $260.00. I am really happy with the Ipower (600w) I already have. So, I figured i'd order the same setup again. Should be getting everything on Monday. It'll be nice to have the second cabinet functional. And, since I still have 4 weeks of flower on the other plants, I'll have a month or so to veg out the querkle before dumping them into the flowering box.

Well, when the wife agrees to let you expand ..... you DO IT before she changes her mind ..... LOL.

Day 30 Flowering ...............

Sorry I didn't update last night. Just didn't get around to watering/feedling them. So, I did it first thing this morning as soon as the lights came on. Here's a look at the girls ...............

Big_Girls.JPG

They are coming along nicely. I am impressed with the Maui and the amount of buds is showing. I think it will be the better producer of the three. I bet she would be fantastic outdoors ..............

Maui_Flower1.JPG

Here's the main Cola on the Maui ............

Maui_Cola.JPG

The GDP is looking good. But, just isn't making as much flowers. Who knows .... maybe it's a late bloomer.

GDP_FLowers.JPG

But, the GDP is pumping out way more trichomes than the other two. Check out this sugar coating .............

GDP_Sugar.JPG

I do have to admit. I thought the LA Kush was a looser. But after flipping it over to 12/12 it really suprised me. It's going to be producing multiple colas with decent buds ....................

LA_Kush_Colas.JPG

So here is the final product with the drying racks. I may paint them later .... who knows. You can see the screen bottoms in this pic .......

Drying_Rack_Screen.JPG

I started thinking about burping the jars as they cure. And, I thought "is the wife going to want me to be opening up mason jars in the bedroom and leaving them open for a couple hours??? Since she isn't a big fan of the smell of the buds, we both decided they needed to be burped in a filtered space. So, I decided to use some extra plywood scrap and make some shelves for the drying racks. I realized there was no way to set multiple mason jars on the screen racks ... since they would be too heavy and would tear out the screen. So, I placed the shelves on top of the racks. When burping the curing jars, just place them on the plywood shelves on top of the racks. This way, they are still inside a sealed box. The odor is under control and ...... there won't be any way for bugs, spiders, lint, dog hair ... etc. to get into the final product.

Drying_Rack_Burping.JPG

I know I haven't posted anything about Mini Me in a quite some time. So .... here it is ..........

Mini_Me2.JPG

Here's a peek at one of the better clone success's I've had. It was really yellow a week ago. But, with a little TLC, better temps and humidity and better light. It looks sooooo much better now and has greened up nice. I think I am finally getting the hang of this.

LA_Kush_Recovered_Clone.JPG

That's about it for now. Waiting for clones/seeds to get big enough to start vegging. Waiting for the UPS guy to bring me my light and filter/fan.

you only need to burp your jars for 10 to 15 minutes:)
and I know its late now but I think tat you didnt need to paint the drying area. that said you made a real nice box!
you just might have a little carpentry built in your genes and I like it:)
this comes from a union carpenter for 25 years. very nice brother:)

Yeah .... even if I don't get much bud from the GDP .... there'll be plenty of hash.

I know I didn't need to paint the drying area. But, it has that stink from the plywood glue and I thought the paint may seal that in more. Plus, it looks the same as the rest. When the door is closed, the drying area stays dark. So, painting it white does nothing.

Back
Top Bottom