1st Time Grower with BagSeed

Thanks, martian. That's exactly what I'm transplanting into...3gal pots.

MadMardo: Thanks, today I had a seedling that came out it's shell. It's currently in a styrofoam cup. With 2 more seeds till germinating... If all these are females, I'm to have to find somewhere to put my clothes...

Ok great! Make sure you spread the tablespoon around the top...don't just plop it one clump in there and mix. Spread first, then mix well you, and you won't have any problems with nute burn. Are you adding any perlite?

I'm going to be re-potting with this soil...

^^^sorry if i broke any rules...:Namaste:

edit: what is an 11" pot equivalent to gal way? I'm think it's just another 3gal. bucket. But I purchased 1 self-watering pot for one of my plants, just to experiment.

alright, so I chose what I'm going to use for nutrients and soil

Humboldt oneness (one nute through the whole veg & flower cycle :slide:)
Just Right Xtra Soil
Royal Flush (for the last 2 weeks of bloom)

I magically found me a local hydro store 20min. away. Going to check them out next payday. Reason I'm using that. I just have to use this one nute for the whole grow. I would only need the Royal Flush; to flush at the last 2 weeks of flower.

Question: I have bone meal (6-9-0) and this generic nute (10-10-10). Angelina is going to be one week tomorrow, and Gaga the day after. Would it be wise to give them 2ml of bone meal OR the generic nute then the next week when I purchase the oneness nute just start feeding the recommended amount at week 2? Or should I just wait to get the oneness nute?

When you go to the dro store don't be afraid to ask about the Promix - good stuff for beginners. Whatever you choose will be better than the other stuff from the dollar store...man that stuff looked liked the clerk dug it out of the planters in front of the dollar store!

:goodluck:
:peace:

Just found a pro mix from a guy that's in another city from me! He's on ebay, but should get here fast. Contains:

75-85% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
Perlite (Horticultural Grade)
Vermiculite (Horticultural Grade)
Dolomitic and Calcitic Limestone (ph adjuster)
Wetting Agent

5gal. bag for $17 shipped.

What is the link to the auction? If it has 75-85% peat moss it doesn't leave that much remaining for the rest of the ingredients. Remember perlite mix should be anywhere from 15%-45% ration. Wal-mart sells perlite, but if you get the Miracle Grow brand make sure you rinse it well to remove added fertilizers.

If I were you I would wait until you go to the hydro store and see what they have available for soil (unless you wanted to go soil-less route which is what is in that link).

I've decided to use that Just Right Xtra Mix and just add the perlite and vermiculite.

Humboldt Oneness Nutes w/ Royal Flush at the end of 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the help guys. Will be posting pics this weekend. They pretty much look the same from 4 days ago....

MAYDAY If it's not heat stress, I don't know what it is!!! This is the same problem that killed my first plant. IT HAS TO STOP NOW!!! It has to be heat stress, for the simple fact, I haven't added any nutes to them yet. Temps are almost reaching 90*

here's the pics of sick gaga at day 6
gaga_week_1.jpg

angelina at day 8
angelina_day_11.jpg

I

Then you can't have the light close at all (stay above 12 inches until they look better). Maybe you should get some CFLs to supplement. Are you calculating the PH when you water? Need to get RH up and lower temps ASAP.

90 degree heat will certainly kill'em quick! :rip:

Get the soil from the dro store and start over - got a H2O ph tester? If not, get one.

:goodluck:
:peace:

I totally agree. However, that looks like nute burn. The $ store shit soil...maybe you can use it to grow some dandelion or something but don't use it for cannabis. :Namaste:

I haven't added any nutes what-so-ever. Just bottled water, haven't even feed them tap water. I tried the plant chart, but those are most pictures of developed plants, and these are just a week old barely. I have (2) 23w CFLs on them also, I'm going to raise the HPS and see what the results are tomorrow. Hopefully something good.

edit: raised the HPS, moved the fan to give the plants more cool wind. (enough to make them dance a little). I also opened the closet door.

Humidity stays at the steady 35-40% though...

Back
Top Bottom