1st timer: Can You check this plant

mare69

Hi guys this is my first plant. Its in closet, light is 250 metal halide bulb + 55W of various Chinese cheap led lights. Lights are more than 4 feets from plants. Temp was very high so i keep closet bit open to maintain temp around 82.4. Before that was around 87.8 to 89.6 for ten days. Im waiting for better fans till then as i said i keep doors bit open. Soil is mixture of peat, regular planting/flowering soil and perlite. Grow area is 1,7 x 3 Two older leaves are showing signs of.... I dont know. Maybe to much heat, overwatering or underwatering. Thank you

Don't worry about your first leaves... they'll die off anyway. I believe they're called seed leaves... they're the first set to pop out.
Your baby looks good. I like to keep my vegging plants and young clones a bit warmer than my flower area... but your temps were getting very close to dangerous. Make sure you stay well under 90f. I try to stay under 80f. Get some fan action in place.
I'm not sure your leds are helping you much. Lights need to be much closer than 4 feet. In my grow chamber I use a 400w HPS and it's about 12" from the top of the plant. In my veg tent, I use 150w CF about 4 inches from plant tops. Of course, you'll have to get a handle on your temps before you can get the lights closer.
It's very important to remember the distance of the lights makes a big difference. The difference between 1 foot and 2 foot height is 1/4 the lumens... so it's a very dramatic difference.

Smokin, looks good man.

Like Tead said, get your light closer if possible. At 4 feet you are getting approximately 1/16th the amount of lumens as could be had at 1 foot

Ye what he said...

Heat issue is the heat generated by the bulb so ventilation is an issue !

Need better extraction fan and possible passive vent near the base of closet.

Ye what he said...

Heat issue is the heat generated by the bulb so ventilation is an issue !

Need better extraction fan and possible passive vent near the base of closet.

I agree. But exhaust fun needs to be stronger than intake to keep closet in negative pressure so not to let smell to come out. Is all light passing trough glass. I know regular glass is not letting UV radiation to pass trough.

Back
Top Bottom