Help determining my problem, please.

420BPM

I have been trying to grow a Super Skunk Autoflowering.
I use 450 W Metal Halide.
I am using peat moss, organic soil mixture.
The room is about 80cm x 80cm x 200cm.
I have a vantilator inside room.
Temperature is about 29-31 celcius.
Humidity is %30
I water them every 4th day
My baby is growing really slow for a autoflowering.
It has stopped growing i mean it stunt last days.
Help me finding my problem. No incest or bugs inside room.
I sometimes find white powders on the soil dunno what are they. As the walls covered with foil thought it is because of foil but nowadays i changed my mind but cant figure out.
Its the last picture of my plant i took 10 mins ago

Hello 420BPM,
What is your PH at?
Not sure what is in your soil exactly but it looks like that plant is hungry. You may have to use nutes if there isn't enough organic nutrients in the mix.
Why do you have a 4 day schedule for watering? Is that the time between wet to very dry? If so that's good. Your soil does look dry but being peat moss it should be holding moisture.

Hello 420BPM,
What is your PH at?
Not sure what is in your soil exactly but it looks like that plant is hungry. You may have to use nutes if there isn't enough organic nutrients in the mix.
Why do you have a 4 day schedule for watering? Is that the time between wet to very dry? If so that's good. Your soil does look dry but being peat moss it should be holding moisture.
Its always said that i should feed them with nutes till flowering or else it dies. I dont know pH of the soil really cant find a way to measure it but my water pH is about 7.2

when you water every 4 days, are you saturating this large container of soil or are you just giving a smaller amount each time?
I also suspect the foil is not helping as much as you think it is... a lot of times foil can create hotspots within the growing area.
I give around 50 ml water each time. When i put my finger 1 inch its dry 2 ich its moisted bottom of the pot is wet

Just focus on the PH of the water going in. That's what I was referring to. Your PH is too high. You need to lower it to 6.5 for soil. That's likely your issue. Your plant may be nute locked and can't feed on everything that's available. Lower your PH and in a few days it should come around.

I give around 50 ml water each time. When i put my finger 1 inch its dry 2 ich its moisted bottom of the pot is wet
Well, it is no wonder your weed is struggling. You are trying to think for your plant and have determined the exact amount of water she needs. Your finger check only examines the thin layer of top spreader roots, but has absolutely no way to determine what is happening at the bottom.
So when you put 50ml of water in there, guess what happens to it? Gravity. It doesnt take long, and that water drops all the way to the bottom. The problem is, your tiny plant still has most of its root system up near the top.
The roots at the bottom have been sitting under water since you started this. Submerged roots can not get oxygen and after a bit of this they attempt to protect themselves from the flood waters until they go away. Your lower roots have mostly shut down, due to survival mode. You water, the top spreader roots gather enough in to stay alive, the water drops, and the plant is forced to go into hibernation till you come around again.
There is a better way.
Before I get there,
Its always said that i should feed them with nutes till flowering or else it dies. I dont know pH of the soil really cant find a way to measure it but my water pH is about 7.2
Don't worry about the pH of the soil. Adjusting that and knowing how to correctly work with something different is advanced gardening, and you are not there yet. Let the soil do what it does, its pH is most likely not the problem. You will need to adjust the pH of all the fluids hitting your soil though, and the larger the plant gets, the more important this is.
Also, a good soil will provide everything the plant needs right up to flower, and it is then that you need to add nutes. Right now, nutes can actually harm a young plant.... go gently.

Now the watering solution... Read my thing on watering in my signature... it will help. For now though, you have a young struggling plant in a sea of soil. You need to fix it.

It is mandatory to let the bottom dry out between every major watering. The lift the pot method can inform you if there is any water weight left in the container. While you are waiting for the plant to use up that water, and it will take a while with damaged roots, just water the top roots with just enough water to get 2 or 3 inches deep. Do this every 3 days, and tease that water out toward the edges of the container, trying to make that top edge the most wet place in the container. Mysteriously, this is where the plant will send out new roots. While you are teasing out the upper and middle roots to grow laterally in the container, keep lifting to check on that water in the bottom. When it finally is used up, do something new.... water correctly.
Water slowly, acting like the soil is a huge sponge, and see just how much water you can get it to hold. Water slowly until finally it can hold no more and any additional flows out of the bottom as runoff.
Now, do just as you did before... sit on your hands for 3 days or so, and check that top. If it seems dry 2 inches down again, give it just that little bit of water on the top and the edges again... but let that bottom dry out each time.

Also, the first couple times you wait for the bottom, it is going to take a good long while, maybe a week! Each time you go through this wet/dry cycle successfully however, your roots will get stronger, and that time between major waterings will reduce. You will notice the container drying out in 5 days.... and then 3.... and then it will no longer be necessary to do separate top and bottom waterings... your container will be in sync and you will have established a strong wet/dry cycle.

Also, the first couple times you wait for the bottom, it is going to take a good long while, maybe a week! Each time you go through this wet/dry cycle successfully however, your roots will get stronger, and that time between major waterings will reduce. You will notice the container drying out in 5 days.... and then 3.... and then it will no longer be necessary to do separate top and bottom waterings... your container will be in sync and you will have established a strong wet/dry cycle.
Thank you for your very important info. I opened 3 more at the bottom and 4 at the sides at the bottom so bottom can dry. When i was doing so i noticed i dented the soil about 3 inches down and it got more compact. I think my soil also has drainage problems it keeps so much water inside. I have peat moss in my hand and could find maybe some sand but not sure if i can mix them with my current soil eithout harming the roots.

Thank you for your very important info. I opened 3 more at the bottom and 4 at the sides at the bottom so bottom can dry. When i was doing so i noticed i dented the soil about 3 inches down and it got more compact. I think my soil also has drainage problems it keeps so much water inside. I have peat moss in my hand and could find maybe some sand but not sure if i can mix them with my current soil eithout harming the roots.
All the drainage holes that you could possibly put in there is not going to cause the plant to be able to use that water any faster. Please understand this concept... the soil does not dry out due to evaporation down there... the plant uses it. You are trying to blame everything here except your process... your soil is likely not too compact nor does it have drainage problems or problems with retaining too much water. You do not need to add sand, drill more holes or make any other moves other than beginning to understand why your watering method is killing your plant.

Listen to the lady,she knows what she's talking about.

This little plant (which was about the size of yours 3 weeks ago) has been watered (using @Emilya's method) three times-
once in the solo cup,once when she went into the 1 gallon pot,and again 13 days later.
That was 8 days ago,so 3 or 4 days from now,she'll get another drink.
She was topped on the 3rd,that's why she has that "head of lettuce" look to her.
As she gets bigger,I'll have to water more often,but right now,she's not using much water,so she doesn't get much water.
Watering when the plant actually needs it,instead of when you think it needs it seems to make for happier plants,at least in my experience

Back
Top Bottom