First Time Grower: Autoflowering Super Skunk 400MH, On Budget

420BPM

Hello all, Its going to be my first grow journal and also its my first growing experience!
I am using peat moss and organic soil (brown soil i took from a agriculture land which is very famous for its rich soil) mix
I have a 400MH with reflector.
Seed is Auto Super Skunk from Error Seeds Ukraine
Room is about 80cm x 80cm x 180cm (Only space for a plant)
I have a 50w vantilator which has 3 stages, currently using at the lowest stage cuz its at very right temp.
Room is covered with foil (The only thing i can afford, in my country one cant find white panda films etc.)
As i you can understand from the title i am doing all on budget so i built the room with wood)
Its 4th day since sprout.
I don't have any PH measure
Any advices will be appreciated! Thanks:)

Room structure, ( actually i lowered the reflector its about 25 inch above the plant)

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

So far looks good...

Not sure if you can get perlite (or similar) where you are...it prevents the soil from getting too compacted around the plant roots. Not a problem for you, but something to consider in the future.

Number one mistake with new grows is overwatering...here's an easy way...pick up the pot and plant dry...feel the weight...then completely water the entire pot and lift to feel it's weight...now you know what the soil, when soaked, weighs. 3 days later give the pot a lift to see how it's weight has changed. You only want to water it when you feel a significant loss in (water) weight. As the plant grows the need for water will become more apparent (but still stick to every 3 days)

The plants do much better with this type of watering.

:goodluck:

So far looks good...

Not sure if you can get perlite (or similar) where you are...it prevents the soil from getting too compacted around the plant roots. Not a problem for you, but something to consider in the future.

Number one mistake with new grows is overwatering...here's an easy way...pick up the pot and plant dry...feel the weight...then completely water the entire pot and lift to feel it's weight...now you know what the soil, when soaked, weighs. 3 days later give the pot a lift to see how it's weight has changed. You only want to water it when you feel a significant loss in (water) weight. As the plant grows the need for water will become more apparent (but still stick to every 3 days)

The plants do much better with this type of watering.

:goodluck:
Actually its a good way. I am so afraid of overwatering. therefore, I give little amounts of water daily so that i don't overwater. Also I let it stay dry for a few hours so no overwatering concern for now.

This is a common mistake....give her nothing for a day, feel the weight of the pot, then soak the soil....wait 3 days, etc.
Really? But I thought for my little 4 days baby if I give bigger amounts of water which increases the weight of the pot would be fatal? If not how much should I put water? 30ml would be enough?

Really? But I thought for my little 4 days baby if I give bigger amounts of water which increases the weight of the pot would be fatal? If not how much should I put water? 30ml would be enough?
Really... ;)....With the soil soaked she will only use what she needs, and then she will learn to stretch her roots over the 3 days to search for more. What you are doing now is keeping her roots constantly soaked and giving them no reason to search/grow. Remember...if the pot, after 3 days, feels heavy...wait a day (or more) to water. Your particular soil might hold more/less than another...the roots will use what they need as the plant grows, and by watering every 3 days you will have a solid plan.

Really... ;)....With the soil soaked she will only use what she needs, and then she will learn to stretch her roots over the 3 days to search for more. What you are doing now is keeping her roots constantly soaked and giving them no reason to search/grow. Remember...if the pot, after 3 days, feels heavy...wait a day (or more) to water. Your particular soil might hold more/less than another...the roots will use what they need, and by limiting your inclination to water every 3 days you will have a solid plan.
Wow, I have never thought in this way. Glad to start journal. Thanks your very great advice.

I'm a little concerned that your soil might be too compacted...is it possible to get perlite or vermiculite where you are? If so, I would integrate 20% of it in the soil.

But otherwise...not looking bad for Day 6. :)
Its not easy to find it here yet i will try to find

I checked my soil again yes from the picture surface seems compact but 1/2 inch inside and its soft :)
Good, then let's not worry about it...Day 6 she looks fine...now she is spending her time and energy building her roots...she'll be slow for first 10 days and then she'll start to show more leaf growth.

And stick to the watering plan ;)

Back
Top Bottom