Let It Grow! :)

very nice my friend,

bit late for the grow but im here for the end results,

Yes! i will say the dry weights of the Grapegum and Dieseltonic tomorrow :) expecting 3 ounces, we will see.

sounds like you got a good yield as well then,
ive not long planted some new strains and some crosses i made myself so got a lot going on again, i keep planting to many seeds and having to many plants, ill cut my next grow down and go with longer veg times, might even do a 3ft by 3ft scrog, not sure yet depends how much work i got to do on these new strains

sounds like you got a good yield as well then,
ive not long planted some new strains and some crosses i made myself so got a lot going on again, i keep planting to many seeds and having to many plants, ill cut my next grow down and go with longer veg times, might even do a 3ft by 3ft scrog, not sure yet depends how much work i got to do on these new strains

I was on vacation so i smoked my Swiss Cheese / Afghan Skunk and Black Diesel just in that week with my friends... almost the Critical + too, still have 8 grams of it...

Scrog is what im going to do this next grow on my new tent, 120cm x 120cm x 200cm :)

On this moment i have germinating, 1xNorthern Lights (Nirvana), 1xKaya 47 (Advanced Seeds), 1xBluehell (Medical Seeds, its a Dj short blueberry cut), 1xSuper Skunk (Sensi Seeds), one cross made by accident because the Super Bud (GHS) hermied and pollinated one Kaya Gold (Nirvana Seeds) and i discovered one good seed, the Super Bud was nothing special but the Kaya Gold was really nice... oh 1x Wembley (Pyramid Seeds, Ak47 x Bubblegum) and 4x CBD CREW Skunk Haze.(I will clone all of them and find rich CBD phenos)
In the soil i already have 4x seedlings, 1x CBD CREW Skunk Haze, 1x Cheese (GHS), 1x Early Widow (Advanced Seeds) and one Unknown seed my friend gave me.
I Still have out of this 2x Lemon Skunk seeds (GHS), 1x Kaya 47 seed, 1x Kali 47 seed (Advanced Seeds, Kali Mist x Ak-47, this one must be very nice) and more 1x Early Widow seed.

By the way donpaul.p, i was asking information about males and pollination because i was thinking about crossing a high CBD pheno from one Skunk Haze with a Aurora Indica (Nirvana Seeds,Afghan x Northern Lights).
Can you tell me more about how i know its a good male and giving the genetics stability?

EDIT: Already told me what is a good male... already have seen the post :) now the stability i would like to know that!

the first cross you make is going to be stable and produce a stable plant, you may have a few pheno types but seeds from seed banks have anything from 2 to 5 or more pheno types, some breeders list this and others dont, so you might buy 10 seeds and if you flowered them all at the same time you could end up with 4 plants that look nothing like each other.

so i just crossed a gdp male with auto purple cheese fem and im growing out the seeds now, a 1/4 will be auto so for now if i get a male and female auto ill cross these to produce an auto without worrying about pheno type with that at the minute, but with the none auto seeds ill grow them out and find the pheno type i like and clone it and also cross this with the bets male,
from them seeds ill grow them out and see what pheno they produce and how stabe they are, if its not that stable and im not getting a good % of the pheno i like then ill cross the male from that batch with the first clone, that should then give a higher % of the pheno in the next batch of seeds, so what your doing is backcrossing the seeds with the original pheno type your trying to keep, each cross will get more of the pheno your trying to produce

im still in the learning phase so by no way an expert on breeding, but ive done lots of reading and crossed lots of plants now to produce seeds so im at the stage where i can pick what i like and work with that to try and produce what i like in seed form

the other option would be to use 2 females of the pheno type you like then force one hermie and use the pollen on the other female and produce female seeds of that pheno type, that should give you a pretty stable strain

but if you just wanted to produce seeds you would pick the best of the best and cross them with each other, that should give you good results, with plants ive crossed ive not had any poor results and its usually pretty stable but ive not worked with different pheno types as ive been very happy with everything grown,

so as im trying to creat a really nice auto that yields well then i need to work with the best males and females and then work with the best pheno type from the seeds, i also want a nice cheese strain so thought the gdp cheese sounded nice,
ive still got pollen from the gdp male so can cross with with the big buddha cheese when its grown as thats suppose to be the same as the true uk cheese.

i just crossed the gdp male as i kept getting males, but i know everyone loves the ken estes gdp so i used that to cross with the purple cheese auto so i wont know till the plants grow if that was a good cross or not as ive never seen a gdp female in person, im going off other journals and smoke reports, so its a bit of a lucky dip this one, all i could do was keep the pollen from the best male and cross it with a nice female plant when i found one, i found that purple cheese auto was very stinky but it was an auto, but as only 1/4 of the seeds will be auto then im hoping most of the seeds will be not auto and i can then find the best pheno type and cross that with the best male, then work on back crossing it to try and produce a really nice gdp cheese strain.

if you use your search engine and search for this,
marajuana botany, an advanced study.

another grower called miwa found that grow guide and it goes into detail about crossing so you will learn a lot from that, its a free online grow book and it tells you all about pheno types and how to go about producing stable results so it can tell you a lot more than i can, plus its full of lots of other great info like grafting and air layering so that would be a good place to start,

i mean i started crossing seeds of the same strain so i could keep that strain in stock so i can grow it when i like as i came across an amazing strain that i was sent as a sample but i was never told if it was relaesed, so i crossed a male and female from the batch and produced more seeds of that strain, it was ak47 x uk cherry cheese, its a really nice strain but cant find it for sale anywhere, so thats what started me crossing plants, i wondered what results id get if i worked with the best female and male and i found i was geting nice results, so im just taking it a step further now so i can actually produce a few stable strains of my own, i want a stable auto femenised, a stable cheese strain and a stable purple strain, so im just really getting my feet wet and diving in at the deep end,

its a big learning curve but my problem is i dont have time to grow all the strains out that i produce, ive got tubs of seeds that ive not even tried myself yet, ive been able to let a few friends try them so i can see how they grow for them and how they produce as i just not had time to grow them out with all the other strains ive been growing,

so try and find that grow guide as it will go into detail about the info you want, if youve not crossed before then just choose the best male and female and cross them that will give you plenty of seeds, then you can either grow them out as they are or you can try and pick out the best pheno type and work with that,

the first cross you make is going to be stable and produce a stable plant, you may have a few pheno types but seeds from seed banks have anything from 2 to 5 or more pheno types, some breeders list this and others dont, so you might buy 10 seeds and if you flowered them all at the same time you could end up with 4 plants that look nothing like each other.

so i just crossed a gdp male with auto purple cheese fem and im growing out the seeds now, a 1/4 will be auto so for now if i get a male and female auto ill cross these to produce an auto without worrying about pheno type with that at the minute, but with the none auto seeds ill grow them out and find the pheno type i like and clone it and also cross this with the bets male,
from them seeds ill grow them out and see what pheno they produce and how stabe they are, if its not that stable and im not getting a good % of the pheno i like then ill cross the male from that batch with the first clone, that should then give a higher % of the pheno in the next batch of seeds, so what your doing is backcrossing the seeds with the original pheno type your trying to keep, each cross will get more of the pheno your trying to produce

im still in the learning phase so by no way an expert on breeding, but ive done lots of reading and crossed lots of plants now to produce seeds so im at the stage where i can pick what i like and work with that to try and produce what i like in seed form

the other option would be to use 2 females of the pheno type you like then force one hermie and use the pollen on the other female and produce female seeds of that pheno type, that should give you a pretty stable strain

but if you just wanted to produce seeds you would pick the best of the best and cross them with each other, that should give you good results, with plants ive crossed ive not had any poor results and its usually pretty stable but ive not worked with different pheno types as ive been very happy with everything grown,

so as im trying to creat a really nice auto that yields well then i need to work with the best males and females and then work with the best pheno type from the seeds, i also want a nice cheese strain so thought the gdp cheese sounded nice,
ive still got pollen from the gdp male so can cross with with the big buddha cheese when its grown as thats suppose to be the same as the true uk cheese.

i just crossed the gdp male as i kept getting males, but i know everyone loves the ken estes gdp so i used that to cross with the purple cheese auto so i wont know till the plants grow if that was a good cross or not as ive never seen a gdp female in person, im going off other journals and smoke reports, so its a bit of a lucky dip this one, all i could do was keep the pollen from the best male and cross it with a nice female plant when i found one, i found that purple cheese auto was very stinky but it was an auto, but as only 1/4 of the seeds will be auto then im hoping most of the seeds will be not auto and i can then find the best pheno type and cross that with the best male, then work on back crossing it to try and produce a really nice gdp cheese strain.

if you use your search engine and search for this,
marajuana botany, an advanced study.

another grower called miwa found that grow guide and it goes into detail about crossing so you will learn a lot from that, its a free online grow book and it tells you all about pheno types and how to go about producing stable results so it can tell you a lot more than i can, plus its full of lots of other great info like grafting and air layering so that would be a good place to start,

i mean i started crossing seeds of the same strain so i could keep that strain in stock so i can grow it when i like as i came across an amazing strain that i was sent as a sample but i was never told if it was relaesed, so i crossed a male and female from the batch and produced more seeds of that strain, it was ak47 x uk cherry cheese, its a really nice strain but cant find it for sale anywhere, so thats what started me crossing plants, i wondered what results id get if i worked with the best female and male and i found i was geting nice results, so im just taking it a step further now so i can actually produce a few stable strains of my own, i want a stable auto femenised, a stable cheese strain and a stable purple strain, so im just really getting my feet wet and diving in at the deep end,

its a big learning curve but my problem is i dont have time to grow all the strains out that i produce, ive got tubs of seeds that ive not even tried myself yet, ive been able to let a few friends try them so i can see how they grow for them and how they produce as i just not had time to grow them out with all the other strains ive been growing,

so try and find that grow guide as it will go into detail about the info you want, if youve not crossed before then just choose the best male and female and cross them that will give you plenty of seeds, then you can either grow them out as they are or you can try and pick out the best pheno type and work with that,

WOOW, thank you so much for the time! now im starting another grow i will just post the yield on my last plants tomorrow and i will start a new journal! I have 3 rooms at the moment, 120cm x120cm x 180cm* i was wrong on the height last time i told you... i have one 90cm x 90cm x 160cm and another 80cm x 80 cm x 180cm.
So the first room i said ,it will be for a lot of different strains, the second one is just for my 5 Skunk Hazes so i can take some clones, expecting more than 2 High CBD phenos... and the last room i said is for clones.
So i generally top and do some LST to get big plants but this time on the big room i will just do some early topping to get some more colas and take clones, its just to see what good phenos i can take from the strains.
After all this i will buy a Pack of Aurora Indica and Hindu Kush 10 seeds regulars and select the best males to cross with my best fem. clones! I will do a lot of crosses and i will inform you about everything, thank you for ALL the information, really appreciated that!:high-five: by the way , i have a basement with a little window where the light can go in, is that enough to put a male there?

you pick males the same as you pick females, if you buy regular seeds then you dont know which ones are male till you go to flower, so pick a strain you like to start with before you start crossing, then grow the seeds out and see how they grow, when you flip to flower you will find out which are male, then you can compare the sizes, node space, health etc etc, so you pick the best male of the bunch or what i do is if i grew a few males over a few grows then ill take a pic and collect pollen and store it, then if a grow another male that is much better then ill throw away the first lot of pollen and collect pollen from the new male,

or the other option is fem seeds,
you can force a plant to hermie using silver colidial or what ever its called, ive not tried this option myself as of yet, but with this you wait till a female is in flower then spray the plant with this silver chemical, it then stresses the plant enough to make it go hermie, this then gives you fem pollen, but the plant cant be smoked or used for hash or anything as its not safe to use after spraying

but the chemical forces it to hermie so the pollen that female produces will be female pollen without the hermie trait,

the other way which i have been using is to leave a female plant in flower for a few weeks longer than normal, all female plants have a safety feature if you want to call it that, basically a female will reproduce no matter what, so if it dont get any pollen from a male then it will produce its own, so a female plant left in flower past the harvest date will then go hermie to self polinate and produce its own seeds, again this pollen is female pollen and when used on another plant it will produce fem seeds, it also self polinates and this is also suppose to produce fem seeds but ive only used the pollen on other fem plants and that does produce fem seeds.

so when i produce fem seeds i use the same female strain because ive got an amazing ak47 x uk cherry cheese strain that is the best strain ive grown so far, i got them seeds free so i could test and send a report on them to the breeder i got them from, anyways i was sent 10 seeds and the results where amazing, really strong thc levels, stinky and thick fat buds, so i crossed a male and female to produce more seeds of this strain so ive got it in seed from, ive sent a few seeds to a few growers so they can also try and work with this strain.

anyways everytime i grow this strain out the females produce the same every time, so it only has 1 pheno type that i can see, all the results are exactly the same so i use this strain for my fem pollen and i also use this strain to do some crosses with, so if im making fem seeds i use this fem pollen by leaving one in flower to long, or if i want regular seeds i then use a male from the ak47 x uk cherry cheese strain and cross that with a strain i also like.

but if you wanted to produce fem seeds of the same strain then you would use a fem with the same pheno type as the fem you want to get seeds from, then leave one in flower to long and collect pollen then save that pollen and put that on a female of the same strain to produce seeds with mainly the pheno type you have selected.

so as you can imagine ive got thousands of seeds, ive got strains ive not even had chance to grow yet, i crossed some really nice strains and produced seeds but ive not had chance to grow them out and then work with them to produce a nice stable pheno from that batch of seeds,

but this time round im going to work on autos and a nice cheese strain, ive crossed ken estes gdp male with a purple cheese auto, now the female was an auto and it did not produce much but this was because it was an auto, the buds was stinky and it was a nice smoke so i used a gdp male to produce seeds.
now as i crossed a gdp male that is not auto with a purple cheese auto then this means only 1/4 of the seeds will be auto, so this gives me a gdp cheese auto and a gdp cheese regular to work with,

ill need to grow out the seeds and when i find the autos ill collect pollen from a male auto and cross this with a female auto so that will then give me a gdp cheese auto strain to work with so i can then pick pheno types and if yield is not good then ill cross it with a kc45 auto male and get the yields increased then back cross it to bring back the full gdp cheese but with increased yields,

but my main aim is to get the gdp cheese sorted out and ive also got a big buddha cheese growing which is suppose to be a the true uk cheese which im after so i may cross the gdp cheese with the big buddha cheese and hopefully produce a very nice gdp cheese strain, but thats a long way off as it will take much back crossing.

my problem is i got bored easy and i cross one strain and i grow other strains while i got the plants i crossed in flower, then when i harvest the plant and collect the seeds i put them in a tub and grow out the plants ive got in veg, but then i come across another nice strain or a nice male from the same batch of seeds and i get side tracked and do other crosses.

so ive got to stick to my plants and work with the strains i have stated to work with.

once you start crossing strains you start to look at pheno types and growth patterns more, its a slow process but if it takes a few years and you produce an amazing strain that everyone wants then its all worth the effort, plus i dont mind letting friends try my strains, its ok for me to say its a killer strain but thats just my oppinion, so getting mates to try them gives me a better idea of what im producing and what they think of them

I wish i was your friend in the real life if you get me... i would try your strains with no problem, especially that Ak 47 x Uk Cherry Cheese (By the way , Ak-47 is one of my favorite strains).

I would like you to try my seeds after i have some mine... so excited to cross nice strains with CBD rich strains.
Good luck with all the that work man!! :high-five:

One important question: If i cross for example one Aurora Indica male with a CBD CREW Skunk Haze female (a CBD rich pheno) can i get for example a mix of smell from Aurora Indica and Skunk Haze like Hashy smell with Hazy smell... and still have the High CBD? I would like to have a bunch of CBD strains made by me , i will do Thc ones too ,no doubt.

I wish i was your friend in the real life if you get me... i would try your strains with no problem, especially that Ak 47 x Uk Cherry Cheese (By the way , Ak-47 is one of my favorite strains).

I would like you to try my seeds after i have some mine... so excited to cross nice strains with CBD rich strains.
Good luck with all the that work man!! :high-five:

One important question: If i cross for example one Aurora Indica male with a CBD CREW Skunk Haze female (a CBD rich pheno) can i get for example a mix of smell from Aurora Indica and Skunk Haze like Hashy smell with Hazy smell... and still have the High CBD? I would like to have a bunch of CBD strains made by me , i will do Thc ones too ,no doubt.
What geographical location are you in?

im also in europe,

the first cross you make is going to be pretty stable, it will produce many pheno types but should be pretty consistent with the first batch of seeds, so if thats the thing you want to do then it wont hurt crossing them 2 strains, what i do is grow the male in another room, i keep it in the flower room until its ready to open the pollen sacs then i place it in a room with just light from a window, then the pollen sacs will open before it goes back into veg or it will continue to flower depending on the natural light hours, i then collect this pollen by tapping the plant while holding a pot under the male flowers, once ive collected the pollen i use a fine brush or cotton bud or que tip as their called in some countries and pollenate the female,

its best to take the female out of the flower room and take it to the room with the pollen in it, that all i do is brush pollen on the pistils on the lower buds, this lets me harvest and smoke the rest of the plant but will still produce plant of seeds, then leave the female where it is and after 3 or 4 hours give it a good spray down with water using a spray bottle, this will kill any pollen so when you put the fem back in the flower room you dont end up with pollen everywhere,

so if its just seeds your after then either cross a male and fem from the same strain but make sure you pick the best strongest male and you pick the pheno type of the female you like and then produce some seeds, this first cross will be stable and will produce nice plants.

if you wanted to cross 2 different strains then the female is usually the strongest genetic that comes out so make sure you pick a good strong male from the other strain or if you only have 1 male then you got no option but to use it, so again this first cross will be pretty stable so if its just seeds your after then just cross the 2 and grow the seeds and im sure you will be very happy with the results.

at the minute ive just crossed ken estes gdp male with a purple cheese auto,
this gives me seeds and 1/4 will be auto, so ill grow out the seeds which ive got a few growing now and hopefully ill have a male auto to collect pollen from and a female auto, as only 1/4 of the seeds are auto ill cross any male and female that are auto just to get the 100% auto seeds, then i can work with them seeds and try and produce a nice gdp cheese, ive got a kc45 auto male that ive been collecting pollen from for the last week and its over 2.5ft tall so its a good male to use for auto pollen so ill keep that pollen in case the gdp cheese auto is not a big yielding plant,

the none auto seeds from that same cross ill pick the pheno types i like and clone the ones i want to keep, then ill cross these with the best male of the batch and then the seeds from the 2nd cross ill pick the pheno again and back cross it with the original clone, then its a case of doing this until the pheno type i want is the main pheno in the seeds, it cant take several generations to get it right, plus if the gdp cheese has not got the punch of the uk cheese then ill throw a uk cheese into the mix and then work with the seeds to bring out the cheese in the strain,
ill possibly to this with the auto as well but im a long way off from getting these strains stable, i might be blown away with the plants anyway so it all depends on the end results and how these plants turn out, ive got one other person growing these gdp cheese as well as its good to get a second oppinion,

but so far ive had good results, ive not had time to grow out all the crosses i have made so a couple of friends are growing out some of the crosses ive not tried mysef,

but if its something you want to do then just be careful with the pollen, it can easily turn a whole grow room to seed, so keep the male away from the females when the pollen sacs open, move the female out the flower room when you put pollen on it then leave it in the same room you put the pollen on and a few hours later give everything a good spray down with water to kill any pollen that might be on the plant,

remember it can get on your clothes and skin so its best to change your clothes before going near the other females, the only way you will turn the whole room to see is if the male opens in the flower room or if their is pollen left on the female and the fans blow it around the flower room,

you have many options, you could try fem seeds as well, if you have a nice female that you want seeds from then you can self polinate, ive not tried this so cant say how well it works but others have and say it works well,
when i produced fem seeds i used 2 females from the same strain that was identical pheno types, i hermied the one female to produce fem pollen and put this on the lower buds of the other fem, the seeds from that cross produce the same plant every time, ive got one growing now and nearly ready to harvest, every time ive grown these fem seeds the buds and plants have been the same every time,

so im not 100% sure how the pheno works with fem seeds or if its stable as long as you cross the same pheno type, but the fem seeds ive made seem to be the same every time, ive not had any differences in end results,

im also in europe,

the first cross you make is going to be pretty stable, it will produce many pheno types but should be pretty consistent with the first batch of seeds, so if thats the thing you want to do then it wont hurt crossing them 2 strains, what i do is grow the male in another room, i keep it in the flower room until its ready to open the pollen sacs then i place it in a room with just light from a window, then the pollen sacs will open before it goes back into veg or it will continue to flower depending on the natural light hours, i then collect this pollen by tapping the plant while holding a pot under the male flowers, once ive collected the pollen i use a fine brush or cotton bud or que tip as their called in some countries and pollenate the female,

its best to take the female out of the flower room and take it to the room with the pollen in it, that all i do is brush pollen on the pistils on the lower buds, this lets me harvest and smoke the rest of the plant but will still produce plant of seeds, then leave the female where it is and after 3 or 4 hours give it a good spray down with water using a spray bottle, this will kill any pollen so when you put the fem back in the flower room you dont end up with pollen everywhere,

so if its just seeds your after then either cross a male and fem from the same strain but make sure you pick the best strongest male and you pick the pheno type of the female you like and then produce some seeds, this first cross will be stable and will produce nice plants.

if you wanted to cross 2 different strains then the female is usually the strongest genetic that comes out so make sure you pick a good strong male from the other strain or if you only have 1 male then you got no option but to use it, so again this first cross will be pretty stable so if its just seeds your after then just cross the 2 and grow the seeds and im sure you will be very happy with the results.

at the minute ive just crossed ken estes gdp male with a purple cheese auto,
this gives me seeds and 1/4 will be auto, so ill grow out the seeds which ive got a few growing now and hopefully ill have a male auto to collect pollen from and a female auto, as only 1/4 of the seeds are auto ill cross any male and female that are auto just to get the 100% auto seeds, then i can work with them seeds and try and produce a nice gdp cheese, ive got a kc45 auto male that ive been collecting pollen from for the last week and its over 2.5ft tall so its a good male to use for auto pollen so ill keep that pollen in case the gdp cheese auto is not a big yielding plant,

the none auto seeds from that same cross ill pick the pheno types i like and clone the ones i want to keep, then ill cross these with the best male of the batch and then the seeds from the 2nd cross ill pick the pheno again and back cross it with the original clone, then its a case of doing this until the pheno type i want is the main pheno in the seeds, it cant take several generations to get it right, plus if the gdp cheese has not got the punch of the uk cheese then ill throw a uk cheese into the mix and then work with the seeds to bring out the cheese in the strain,
ill possibly to this with the auto as well but im a long way off from getting these strains stable, i might be blown away with the plants anyway so it all depends on the end results and how these plants turn out, ive got one other person growing these gdp cheese as well as its good to get a second oppinion,

but so far ive had good results, ive not had time to grow out all the crosses i have made so a couple of friends are growing out some of the crosses ive not tried mysef,

but if its something you want to do then just be careful with the pollen, it can easily turn a whole grow room to seed, so keep the male away from the females when the pollen sacs open, move the female out the flower room when you put pollen on it then leave it in the same room you put the pollen on and a few hours later give everything a good spray down with water to kill any pollen that might be on the plant,

remember it can get on your clothes and skin so its best to change your clothes before going near the other females, the only way you will turn the whole room to see is if the male opens in the flower room or if their is pollen left on the female and the fans blow it around the flower room,

you have many options, you could try fem seeds as well, if you have a nice female that you want seeds from then you can self polinate, ive not tried this so cant say how well it works but others have and say it works well,
when i produced fem seeds i used 2 females from the same strain that was identical pheno types, i hermied the one female to produce fem pollen and put this on the lower buds of the other fem, the seeds from that cross produce the same plant every time, ive got one growing now and nearly ready to harvest, every time ive grown these fem seeds the buds and plants have been the same every time,

so im not 100% sure how the pheno works with fem seeds or if its stable as long as you cross the same pheno type, but the fem seeds ive made seem to be the same every time, ive not had any differences in end results,

Nice Information !!!!! :) I will keep the results in touch with you...

By the way, my friend asked me about the camera so i returned it to him...
Now i cant start a new journal or something like that, i have no camera.

The dry weight of the Dieseltonic was 50 gr and the Grapegum was 33gr. :rollingeyes::rollingeyes::straightface:

Already tried a sample before harvest... Not a High CBD pheno thats for sure... Very heady sativa type of high.

But no problem, now i have 4 CBD Skunk Haze seeds, the Thc pheno is more rare than the CBD ones... :)

+reps on the harvest :)

Back
Top Bottom