2,400 Watt HPS Flower Room with Ebb 'n Grow - First Publicized Grow - In Depth Thread

QuietlyLoud

Hello fellow awesome people! I just started a new grow in a friends apartment with him. Probably my tenth grow or so. One bedroom apartment, central a/c throught with a 13,000 portable a/c unit in the master bedroom (flower room). Have a 8 inch Phresh filter (best filter ive ever known, can filters suck in comparison) going to a Y then going to two rows of 2 lights, 600's, then back to a Y, to the master bedroom door, where it is exhausted to the rest of the apartment, back through the ac, and back into the master bedroom and rest of the house. So im sucking air straight from the flower room area, which is now a "sealed" room, in the rest of the apartment. Im only running two of the lights right now, and because im moving so much air past the bulbs via the air cooled hoods, the portable a/c doesnt even kick on and the central a/c of the house is handling the heat quite nicely. Btw my flower room is approximately 10 x 12. I just started using Cutting Edge nutrients, coming off of botanicare pure series, the organic blend one. The organic stuff makes too much of a mess so I was thinking of swapping back to general hydro, the stuff ive used with success in the past, but then I found out about cutting edge, which has WAY less salt deposits and is free of dyes. I have heard it works great!

So here is some weird stuff:

I have everything to do co2 enrichment. Bottle, regulator, timer, and pretty nice co2 monitor. Even went and filled my 20 lb bottle and brought everything in. Well.... when I plugged in my co2 monitor, it read 2700!!! I was like, wth, its broken or not calibrated. so I took it to my friend's, who has a different brand unit, and we calibrated mine outside, sure enough.... mine was working perfectly! So I immediately came to the apartment and opened up a few windows, (not the flowering room's, lol) and aired the place out. Got the co2 levels down to 480 on that first time airing it out. Everyday since then my buddy has been at his apartment, and with it all closed up tight, the co2 levels will rise from around 500 when vented, to around 1600 in a days time. If nobody is home but the plants, it goes down, nothing too substantial, but it does decrease. so long story short, im not, and apparently never will, use my bottle here.
Another note: when the air is refreshed with new outside air and the gases are thoroughly exchanged, and then the place is sealed again for security, the plants love it! They always look fantastic after new air comes in. Whats crazy to me is that venting the place has to be a daily occurance. never really heard of other people having this issue before, but hopefully you guys are familiar with the idea.

Heres the bad stuff, that I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP WITH:

I just took up half my grow room with only 5 plants, that have vegging at another friend of mines place for a WHILE... they are monsters. They were all super healthy, then I put them into the flowering room inside Ebb n Grow pots, with hydro stone. I vegged them on the transition nute mixture for two days inside the flower room, just to get them acclimated. They seemed to like it and they were still all looking healthy at this point. Then I switched to 12/12, going from veg which was 2pm to 8am, to flower which is now 8 pm to 8 am. The first day they seemed fine. Then the second day (yesterday), one of the plants started yellowing slighly at the somewhat new growth, and the leaves were looking like they were being "smushed" towards the center of the leaf. Horrible description in words, but the picture will show what I am trying to describe. So I immediately changed the reservoir nutes out to fresh stuff. btw im using an RO filter for my water. I changed them to 75% strength, where previously (and probably mistakenly), I had them at 100% strength. I also foliar fed them all pure RO water, since the plant in question's leaves seemed kind of hard and dry, not flexible and soft feeling. Then today, I see that the one hasnt improved much, if any, and now the one beside it is starting to yellow a bit. Niw the other 3 plants look pretty darn good. Lush and green, pretty new growth. Green green compared to the other two im having issues with.

My temps may be a little high. The room at plant level is like 79 degrees and 65% humidity. Now, the reservoir is in thenother side of my artificial wall, where tthe heat from the lights isnt affecting it. The reservoirs surrounding air temp is about 73 to 74. So the water should be about 73 to 74.

My nute PH is right at 6. Between 5.8 and 6.2. Also, my ph has been climbing slighly everyday, and I am used to it lowering everyday. Idk if that fact tells anybody anything or not.

Another note, my veg plants look FANTASTIC! I dont get it. Also, the roots look immaculate on the plant with the worst issue, so thats good. That should just about cover it. Let me know what you guys think, as I have a lot riding in these 5 plants until I can get my others ready for the other half of the room. I have gotten results in the past where I am expecting I should be able to get 5 to 6 oz off each plant. The plants are really big and I gave them lots of room. But that is if the grow goes perfectly.

to be honest, im extremely worried about the health of my baby girls and im not sure whats wrong?!?!? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Im glad to be on here, I hope I can contribute. This should be a really nice grow journal (hopefully.....)
I picked 420magazine forums over the others because from what ive seen, its the best out of them. Thanks in advance everyone! Positive vibes ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Re: 2,400 watt HPS flower room with Ebb n Grow, first publicized grow, in depth threa

20150414_203316.jpg

Re: 2,400 Watt HPS Flower Room with Ebb 'n Grow - First Publicized Grow - In Depth Th

Ive heard that coco is the bomb. I need to look more into it. Thank you Neon for your response! thays what that means eh? Theyre taking more water than nutes? Any idea why I am yellowing slightly? Its disappointing because it seems like they should be right. Seems like all my conditions are right. Its brand new medium. Comes sterilized. Idk im pretty bummed.

Re: 2,400 Watt HPS Flower Room with Ebb 'n Grow - First Publicized Grow - In Depth Th

Oh sorry. I missed ur question earlier Neon. I went from the botanicare pure series organic based nutrients. To be honest, on these particular plants, my buddy had them at his place and he was the one using the botanicare. He was using cal mag and liquid kharma every third feeding and was doing like 75% strength on the base nutes. Then I swapped them to Cutting Edge nutes. Im currently running the cutting edge at 75% strength on the transition feeding mixture. on this last batch I made yesterday when i changed the solution, i added a very light amount of the cutting edge brand silica. Again, that was yesterday, after the fact that I was having problems from those two.

I just went there a minute ago and found that the new growth on the messed up one looks pretty good and the leaves on the new growth arent twisted, though still a little yellow. Better tho, it seems.

My two best plants are kicking ass and taking names. Here is a picture of them. They look great! Very lush! Idk.... hopefully I just shocked the problematic ones with too strong a nute solution at first, once I put them into the flowering room. And also maybe it got a little hot. I raised the lights and lowered the ppm of my nute solution, so hopefully if it is/was shocked, itll start to come to? Like I said, the other ones look great. No complaints.

20150415_015409.jpg

Here are some pics of the grow area, to get people interested.

The top 3 pics and bottom pic are sideways :-/

20150415_021847.jpg
20150415_021912.jpg
20150415_021912.jpg
20150415_021807.jpg
20150415_022019.jpg
20150415_022040.jpg
20150415_021931.jpg
20150415_022123.jpg

Here are some clones I took 3 days ago and some more shots of my plants
20150415_021957.jpg
20150415_022051.jpg
20150415_022239.jpg

That's a he'll of a set up and looks like a LOT of work. I def like cutting edge except their uncle johns blend, and cal mag. They just didn't seem to be right. The sugaree is great though. I'm really liking the calimagic from gh as a sub. My guess is that it was just a different nute mix than they were used to sucking up and they're going to grow out of it.
2clean if the ph is raising then you should probably add more water. But it kind of is hard to tell with out all the other meters. I try not to get that technical. I usually don't even use a ph meters. Seems like it causes more freak outs than solved problems.

Thanks neon! I had a plan and made it happen for sure. I was told that uncle johns blend is good stuff. I bought a gallon of it for late flowering but I havent opened it yet. The gallon was like 87 bucks! Are you suggesting I return it for something different? I also never bought any extra cal mag for this line of nutes. Do I need some or will the 3 part be enough? Your thoughts? Thanks again for the responses brother! Hopefully more will get involved :)

I wasn't really impressed. I run coco so it might be a little different. It will go bad though. I kept it in pretty good conditions and it turned on e in a couple weeks. I'm not sure about The cal mag for ebb and flow. Maybe someone will chime in.

Ok so my one plant that was originally the worst one, with problems, is looking like its improving. The new growth isnt awesome, but its not too bad and is an improvement. The only other plant that was having an issue looks like its getting a little worse. The leaves are starting to yellow/lose their green. Looks like its worst at the outside edges of the leaves, while the rest of the leaves are slightly yellowing overall. My other 3 look amazing! It is the last bucket on my string of buckets coming off of my controller, but its getting water fine. Not clogged or anything. I checked. Idk what the deal is. Anybody recognize this?
20150416_202557.jpg
20150416_202625.jpg
20150416_202625.jpg
20150416_202634.jpg
20150416_202644.jpg
20150416_202653.jpg
20150416_202644.jpg

Im deleting my account. What a waste of time. Thanks Neon for responding to my posts, but I was looking for a lot more to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom